Bible study rules for public schools proposed

Feb 10, 2010 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: The Courier-Journal

FRANKFORT, Ky. - The state would create rules for teaching about the Bible in public high schools under a bill filed Monday by three Democratic senators.

Comments
87,841 - 87,860 of 130,171 Comments Last updated 3 hrs ago

“There is no god”

Since: Jul 12

War, WV

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 22, 2012

Judged:

Give a man a fish and he will eat for a day,
Teach a man to fish and he will eat for a life time,
Give a man religion and he will die praying for a fish

“There is no god”

Since: Jul 12

War, WV

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 22, 2012

Judged:

For the fundys here, there are far more Pagans than christians, how would you like it if we taught about the old religions in public school?
Would you fight us on that?

Since: Nov 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 22, 2012

vasuki

Winchester, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 22, 2012

Judged:

Satanic Priest wrote:
<quoted text>You misunderstand. The bible is not proof that it is the word of god or that god exist, it is the claim that god exist. Period.
The movie Star Wars is not proof that people live on a bunch of different planets.
the truth is "self" evident, the claim is questionable.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 22, 2012

Ignorance is Dangerous

Glasgow, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 22, 2012

Judged:

Satanic Priest wrote:
<quoted text>I went to seminary school, I have read the bible cover to cover several times, I have a great understanding of the bible, it is you who does not understand the bible, you listen to some preacher spout a verse here and there and think you know what the bible means.
If you understand the bible please explain to me Psalms 137:9 (oh, then the bible is not gods word?)
Here goes one more time friend, are you watching???

Here's your scripture:
Psalm 137:9 Happy shall he be, that taketh and dasheth thy little ones against the stones.

1st These scriptures are referring to the enemy of Israel at the time, if you read above that.

2nd Jesus the Son of God said this referring to this kind of action probably 500 to 600 years later when he came:
Matthew 5:43 Ye have heard that it hath been said, Thou shalt love thy neighbour, and hate thine enemy.
44 BUT I SAY UNTO YOU, LOVE YOUR ENEMIES, bless them that curse you, do good to them that hate you, and pray for them which despitefully use you, and persecute you;
45 That ye may be the children of your Father which is in heaven: for he maketh his sun to rise on the evil and on the good, and sendeth rain on the just and on the unjust.
46 For if ye love them which love you, what reward have ye? do not even the publicans the same?
47 And if ye salute your brethren only, what do ye more than others? do not even the publicans so?
48 Be ye therefore perfect, even as your Father which is in heaven is perfect.

Acts 14:16 Who in TIMES PAST (((suffered))) ALL NATIONS to walk in THEIR OWN WAYS.

Matthew 23:37-39 O Jerusalem, Jerusalem, thou that killest the prophets, and stonest them which are sent unto thee, how often would I have gathered thy children together, even as a hen gathereth her chickens under her wings, AND YE WOULD NOT!
38 Behold, your house is left unto you desolate.
39 For I say unto you, YE SHALL NOT SEE ME HENCEFORTH,(((till ye shall say, Blessed is he that cometh in the name of the Lord.)))

John 6:32 Then Jesus said unto them, Verily, verily, I say unto you, MOSES GAVE YOU NOT that bread from heaven; but my Father giveth you the TRUE BREAD from heaven.
33 For the bread of God is he which cometh down from heaven, and giveth life unto the world.

John 3:19 And THIS IS THE CONDEMNATION, that light is come into the world, AND MEN LOVED DARKNESS RATHER THAND LIGHT BECAUSE THEIR DEEDS WERE EVIL.

Matthew 24:22 And except those days should be shortened, there should no flesh be saved: but for the elect's sake those days shall be shortened.

Matthew 18:3 Verily I say unto you, Except ye be converted, and become as little children, ye shall not enter into the kingdom of heaven.

Matthew 18:7 Woe unto the world because of offences! for IT MUST NEEDS BE that offences come; but WOE!!! to that man by whom the offence cometh!

Psalm 34:21 EVIL SHALL SLAY THE WICKED: and they that hate the righteous shall be desolate.
Ignorance is Dangerous

Glasgow, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 22, 2012

Judged:

Continued:
God wishes that everyone LOVE everyone, but not everyone will do this, simply because many do not know the "Will of God" and many will not do it "WHEN they know". But for those who do know and do "The Will of God" they receive Eternal LIFE. This is what the Messiah Jesus Christ came to tell Man in Sum, and also to show them how, but many did not, and do not believe Him (John 14:6);(Mathew 7:21). To follow the "Will of the Father" men would have to lay their weapons down and seek “Peace” through LOVE for one another, but many refused to do this and many still refuse to do this, so the World continues on towards Armageddon.

(Revelation 16:13-16); (Matthew 10:16,17); (Matthew 5:43-48; John 10:34); (Matthew 13:24-30, 37-43)

Just sitting around waiting for the world to end to prove to you whether or not there is an Almighty God, is bad timing on your part.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 22, 2012

kneph

Winchester, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 22, 2012

Ignorance is Dangerous wrote:
Continued:
God wishes that everyone LOVE everyone, but not everyone will do this, simply because many do not know the "Will of God" and many will not do it "WHEN they know". But for those who do know and do "The Will of God" they receive Eternal LIFE. This is what the Messiah Jesus Christ came to tell Man in Sum, and also to show them how, but many did not, and do not believe Him (John 14:6);(Mathew 7:21). To follow the "Will of the Father" men would have to lay their weapons down and seek “Peace” through LOVE for one another, but many refused to do this and many still refuse to do this, so the World continues on towards Armageddon.
(Revelation 16:13-16); (Matthew 10:16,17); (Matthew 5:43-48; John 10:34); (Matthew 13:24-30, 37-43)
Just sitting around waiting for the world to end to prove to you whether or not there is an Almighty God, is bad timing on your part.
please define eternal
Ignorance is Dangerous

Glasgow, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 22, 2012

Judged:

kneph wrote:
<quoted text>please define eternal
You understand that if you start counting and get to a number with 5000 zeros behind it, you can still multiply that number time another number with 5000 zeros behind it, and then you can take that number and multiply it by a number with 1 million zeros behind it and so on and so on. Now lets say each number represents a year, or ten years or a hundred or maybe even a thousand or million years. It doesn't matter, eternal is the same as going to infinity and beyond. lol.
nahbkoon

Winchester, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 22, 2012

<quoted text>
You understand that if you start counting and get to a number with 5000 zeros behind it, you can still multiply that number time another number with 5000 zeros behind it, and then you can take that number and multiply it by a number with 1 million zeros behind it and so on and so on. Now lets say each number represents a year, or ten years or a hundred or maybe even a thousand or million years. It doesn't matter, eternal is the same as going to infinity and beyond. lol.
so is infinity linear, or pointless? does it have a beginning? an ending?
Ignorance is Dangerous

Glasgow, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 22, 2012

Judged:

nahbkoon wrote:
<quoted text>so is infinity linear, or pointless? does it have a beginning? an ending?
Not even necessarily referring to God here, numbers can go just as infinitly far back in the negative as in the positive. And all Wisdom and Principalities, as it is written, comes from God. Jesus Represented the Zero point in Time itself. Before him was Confusion at best, but after him, in the NOW, there is Understanding for those who seek him until this world totally rejects him, which will be the closing of the door to Understanding forever. So don't wait for that day, look for him NOW while he can still be found.
sint holo

Winchester, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 22, 2012

<quoted text>
Not even necessarily referring to God here, numbers can go just as infinitly far back in the negative as in the positive. And all Wisdom and Principalities, as it is written, comes from God. Jesus Represented the Zero point in Time itself. Before him was Confusion at best, but after him, in the NOW, there is Understanding for those who seek him until this world totally rejects him, which will be the closing of the door to Understanding forever. So don't wait for that day, look for him NOW while he can still be found.
so basically anything begotten/created is not eternal?

jesus?
heaven?
hell?

“What Ever”

Since: Oct 09

For Me To Know

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 22, 2012

Judged:

Satanic Priest wrote:
<quoted text>One, Satan is not a being it is a word meaning adversary which brings me to two, you can have your beliefs as long as you do not force them on to others as your rights end where others rights begin. I am adverse to christians wanting to force your beliefs to be taught in schools as facts, and we all know that is where any kind of bible related class is headed.
Also, YOUR beliefs tell you to kill me, I am rather adverse to that as well. How many people have been killed by your religion? We think it is about 250,000,000 over the last 1000 years.
I am also a little upset that YOUR churches lie about us. YOUR church is the one that killed animals for ritual blood sacrifice and killed babies, not us so stop saying we do shit like that and maybe we can start to coexist.
Yes, I am Satan to your religion. Most church people have never read the bible, they do not believe in your god but go to elevate themselves, patting themselves on the back and telling themselves they are better than every one else.
Have you read the bible or just let some one tell you what it says? Do you really believe in your god and TRY to live by your beliefs?
If so I will respect your right to believe. i will not agree but will give you respect if you truly TRY
However I will remain Satan against those who want to lord over others
I have read the Bible, snd yes I try to live by it. No, I am not out to lord over others. It is up to that person to believe in God, I can not force them to believe. Satan in my religion, is all so stated in the bible as one of the fallen angels.
There are to sides in any battle and that is, Good -v- Evil, that is why I will not say bad about others. Not unless I see things for myself, and how they act. And then, I will tell them to their face, not behind their back. Neither will I hide behind a screen name, for I stand behind my words. That is how much trust I have in my Father for protection, my Faith in Him protects me. When, I am standing up in defence of Him. I do not try to push my beliefs off on others, if they want it. It is theirs for the taking, if they do not. Then one day we shall see who is right, and who is not. Untill the day of my death, my Faith shall stay strong.
Yes and Amen

Georgetown, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 23, 2012

Judged:

Apple At Cha wrote:
<quoted text>
Prove it. Prove what they believe. You can't.
The Proof is IN the pudding!
You cannot 'BE' something, and 'DO' the other!
You cannot Claim Chtist's Righteousness, and Kill Babies!
Yes and Amen

Georgetown, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 23, 2012

Judged:

Apple At Cha wrote:
<quoted text>
LOL. If you actually lived half of what you spout, you would be credible. But time has shown us you are an addict who just changed your drug of preference (from meth to religion).
You do not KNOW for a "fact". You believe as a matter of "faith". What is faith to you, is NOT fact to another.
And teaching children they are born with evil in them that can only be purged by your sky daddy isn't harm? Methhead puleeeeeze.
I believed God was there(Faith)... Then He showed up(Knowing)!
"teaching children they are born with evil"...
Look at yourself... Open yer eyes!
Yes and Amen

Georgetown, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 23, 2012

Judged:

Apple At Cha wrote:
<quoted text>
And what agenda is that? The agenda to live our lives with dignity and respect?
Seems your favorite "go to" is:
"Those people are trying to change people to their orientation"
Now what kind of "monster" would try to change someone's orientation?*glares directly at you and all teavangelical fundamentalists*
How about the Lesbians wanting their Male Adopted Child to have a sex change?
Dignity and respect... For that?
Pitty... more like it, as you do not know
just how sick you ALL are!
If you'd seek the Lord instead of yer own lusts, you'll
be on here next week posting the truth of how sick
it is... just as I am!
Yes and Amen

Georgetown, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 23, 2012

Judged:

stay healthy wrote:
<quoted text>Southern kentucky is running ramped with nasty lazy sorry people on welfare.
Maybe....
But even they are Loved by God!
Knowing what God gave, helps us to want to give...
It's a Heart thing :-)
Yes and Amen

Georgetown, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 23, 2012

Judged:

oQQo wrote:
<quoted text>
Who did Satan kill ?
The Pastor's kid, to shake his faith,
you name it!
Anywhere he can put a wedge between God, and man!
Yes and Amen

Georgetown, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 23, 2012

Judged:

aWitchintheWoods wrote:
<quoted text>
"..no matter what FLAVOR it is?"
I'm talking about your inconsistancy regarding genders and you are talking about FLAVORS?
There is something seriously wrong with you...
Really?
You know what I'm saying!

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

17 Users are viewing the Winchester Forum right now

Search the Winchester Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
Cantuckee Diner closed? 1 hr Real truth 15
KY 'Fox News Sunday' to Host Kentucky Senate Debate (Oct '10) 1 hr American 149,667
Traffic/bus delays/picking up kids 2 hr Ur a sad human 25
RIP Danny Thomas (Apr '09) 2 hr Sad to say its true 22
KY Hundreds of birds die in western Ky. (Jan '11) 4 hr Anne52 81,587
Who is that jail nurse? (Mar '13) 4 hr Prolly got tired 13
Chris Galloway (Dec '13) 4 hr Lol 26
•••
•••
•••
•••

Winchester Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000