Bible study rules for public schools ...

Bible study rules for public schools proposed

There are 174813 comments on the The Courier-Journal story from Feb 10, 2010, titled Bible study rules for public schools proposed. In it, The Courier-Journal reports that:

FRANKFORT, Ky. - The state would create rules for teaching about the Bible in public high schools under a bill filed Monday by three Democratic senators.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at The Courier-Journal.

Known fact

Cape Canaveral, FL

#88732 Oct 16, 2012
Quantummist wrote:
Archaeology is less a science than an Art.. Give you an example.. Archaeologist finds a Stone with some symbols onit...They dateit based on some charcoal inthe same strata and make some claim ofit's origin, date, usage ect.... Problem..They in almost every case have no background in tool mark forensics, have no way to datethe actual stone working, have to attempt to explain Meaning ofthe symbolism and several other fieldsthey forthe most part have no training, background or knowledge of... Andthey tend to stick totheir own views even when inundated with contradictory evidence... I still today hear some archaeologists today speak of civilization coming to rise a mere 6000bc ... Even though we have Massive evidence that manwas building massive structures at least 16,000 years ago and some evidence that pushesit back to over 19,000 years ago...
Where can I find this 'Massive evidence' that man was here 16,000 or 19,000 years sgo?
yes

Ironton, OH

#88733 Oct 16, 2012
Lolhaiti wrote:
<quoted text>
Okay, okay, I agree with this. Teach, but not preach.
right

Since: Feb 12

Location hidden

#88734 Oct 17, 2012
Known fact wrote:
<quoted text>
Where can I find this 'Massive evidence' that man was here 16,000 or 19,000 years sgo?
You can't. Evolution is actually not science, it's just a guess.
Yes and Amen

Richmond, KY

#88735 Oct 17, 2012
Yes and Amen wrote:
Funny...
How could the POTUS, who rarely went to a security briefing... Throw 'his' Secretary of state under the bus?
How could she let him?
Can't wait til tonight...
Romney will prove again...
Osama is NOT leadership material!
Good day to you all, I'll be back after...
LOL
I was right!
Romney clearly put Obama in his place!
Even with Candy's help... He had no cover for his lies!
This once Great Nation cannot go Barakwards four more years!
so true

New Haven, KY

#88736 Oct 17, 2012
By the book wrote:
<quoted text>
Well yes he's told a few preachers to raise millions for a jet, and millions for a new house or two,, but other than that....
Seriously, if there was a god, what would he possibly have to say, or command, to anyone.
I do agree with you , alot of preachers are wrong in worldly things. Things we are able to live without , they should not put so much worth in . But may I ask you are you a mother or a father? If so then what would you say to one of your children if they were in need? I am sure you would say the same that God would to one of his children. Would you not wish them well, love them , take care of them , and try and guide them to where they need to be in life? Would you not give them hope that no matter how bad , things are , things shall become better?
Yes and Amen

Richmond, KY

#88737 Oct 17, 2012
Quantummist wrote:
<quoted text>
That is true, but those people aren't scientists...
No, they're called Evilutionists!
LOL
Here's some more...
Dr. McMurtry
http://www.creationworldview.org/
Yes and Amen

Richmond, KY

#88738 Oct 17, 2012
LOL in a suit wrote:
<quoted text>
Tell me something chester, does your wife watch or help, when you do your sexual abuse thing?
Every nasty post you make...
Proves my point!
Yer Grammy must be proud of her lil snookums!
I'll bet you were in the coast guard...
not good enough for the navy, and
Not enough Honor for the Marines!
Semper Fi!
Hahahaha!
Yes and Amen

Richmond, KY

#88740 Oct 17, 2012
By the book wrote:
<quoted text>
Well yes he's told a few preachers to raise millions for a jet, and millions for a new house or two,, but other than that....
Seriously, if there was a god, what would he possibly have to say, or command, to anyone.
Those aren't hearing from God, and you know I wasn't talking about them!
As I said... You could hear from Him too... If...
Repent, and Seek Him...
You will be surprised at the Truth of it!
You'd be on here like we are!
God is real, and
spreading good is far better than spreading evil!
Yes and Amen

Richmond, KY

#88741 Oct 17, 2012
Quantummist wrote:
<quoted text>
Lately I have become extremely interested in Global positions of assorted megalithic structures... It's really eye opening you should do it yourself... Take a globe and put a tack in all the major oldest Large Stone megalithic structures and and connect them.. I am more and more concluding they are showing a 20deg crustal shift of the whole of earths crust, which explains how magnetic sediment alignments can happen quickly without the issue of the Physics of shifting the earth core due to mass and gravitational locking...
It happened once...
about 4800 years ago!
LOL
Yes and Amen

Richmond, KY

#88742 Oct 17, 2012
so true wrote:
<quoted text> I do agree with you , alot of preachers are wrong in worldly things. Things we are able to live without , they should not put so much worth in . But may I ask you are you a mother or a father? If so then what would you say to one of your children if they were in need? I am sure you would say the same that God would to one of his children. Would you not wish them well, love them , take care of them , and try and guide them to where they need to be in life? Would you not give them hope that no matter how bad , things are , things shall become better?
Amen!
He tells the Truth about everything He wants us to know!
Case in point...
When Obama was elected into office, I was Proud for America!
We'd truly past the color barrier...
God told me at that very second "You might want to hold
off on that pride thing..."
And sure enough... Obama released that Abortion monies that
Bush had held back...
I Looked up, and said "I see what you mean!".
NO Christian would do that, and he's proved it almost
every day!
Then give money to those that kill us, and others...
NO!
He needs to go!
http://www.youtube.com/watch...
Creation

Winchester, KY

#88743 Oct 17, 2012
LOL in a suit wrote:
<quoted text>
The christians are even farther from being as pure (lmao, hard to put christian and pure in the same sentence) as they frame it.
Wow, did you think this response up all by yourself? You are so clever. LOL
Yes and Amen

Richmond, KY

#88744 Oct 17, 2012
Creation wrote:
<quoted text>
Wow, did you think this response up all by yourself? You are so clever. LOL
I think he mines these from other sites...
LOL
Andrew Wommack
awmi.net
has been having Ex-Evilutionists on his show this, and next week.
Free downloads on his site by date!
Two of them were these guys
Dr. Carl Baugh
http://creationevidence.org/
Dr. McMurtry
Very interesting!
Yes and Amen

Richmond, KY

#88745 Oct 17, 2012
You all have a Great day!
back later :-)
Creation

Winchester, KY

#88746 Oct 17, 2012
Yes and Amen wrote:
<quoted text>I think he mines these from other sites...
LOL
Andrew Wommack
awmi.net
has been having Ex-Evilutionists on his show this, and next week.
Free downloads on his site by date!
Two of them were these guys
Dr. Carl Baugh
http://creationevidence.org/
Dr. McMurtry
Very interesting!
Surely there are not more that think like this guy! Lol
damn

United States

#88747 Oct 17, 2012
You know I never thought I'd see the day that we would no longer say the pledge in schools or have prayer before sports games. I seriously can't believe what I'm reading on some of these posts. Do your research schools started going to shit when spanking stopped prayer stopped and it became an awful thing to say the name God unless it was in a cuss word. Wake the hell up America I'm not some religious nut but I believe there is a higher power and it certainly didn't seem to hurt anything when godly things were included in school. We can teach evolution but we can't teach creation??? Come on and to those suggesting that if we tech bible we have to teach the Koran??? Have you read that thing I doubt it "I will cast terror into the hearts of those who disbelieve therefore strike off there heads and strike off every fingertip of them"and thats a direct quote you do t see that in the bible...

“Speaker of Mountain Wisdom....”

Since: Jan 10

http://www.pixoto.com/quantumm

#88748 Oct 17, 2012
Known fact wrote:
<quoted text>
Gobekli Tepe, Dwarka, Doggerland, Pumapunku, Derinkuyu... to name a few...

“Jesus is Lord”

Since: Aug 11

Greenwood, Indiana

#88749 Oct 17, 2012
Every day get your heart ready before you leave the house. Pray for yourself. Then ask God to guide you though the day....

Since: Feb 12

El Dorado Hills, CA

#88750 Oct 17, 2012
damn wrote:
You know I never thought I'd see the day that we would no longer say the pledge in schools or have prayer before sports games. I seriously can't believe what I'm reading on some of these posts. Do your research schools started going to shit when spanking stopped prayer stopped and it became an awful thing to say the name God unless it was in a cuss word. Wake the hell up America I'm not some religious nut but I believe there is a higher power and it certainly didn't seem to hurt anything when godly things were included in school. We can teach evolution but we can't teach creation??? Come on and to those suggesting that if we tech bible we have to teach the Koran??? Have you read that thing I doubt it "I will cast terror into the hearts of those who disbelieve therefore strike off there heads and strike off every fingertip of them"and thats a direct quote you do t see that in the bible...
God can't stand the sight of handicapped people.

The blind, the lame, short people, people with funny noses or blemishes, with damaged testicles, or broken hands or feet, crooked backs, or who have scurvy or scabs, or who have anything superfluous must not approach the altar of God.

Leviticus 21
(21.17) "Whosoever he be of thy seed in their generations that hath any blemish, let him not approach to offer the bread of his God."

(21.18) "Whatsoever man he be that hath a blemish, he shall not approach: a blind man, or a lame, or he that hath a flat nose, or any thing superfluous,"

(21.19) "Or a man that is brokenfooted, or brokenhanded,"

(21.20) "Or crookbackt, or a dwarf, or that hath a blemish in his eye, or be scurvy, or scabbed, or hath his stones broken;"

(21.21) "No man that hath a blemish ... shall come nigh to offer the offerings of the LORD ... he hath a blemish; he shall not come nigh to offer the bread of his God."

(21.23) "Only he shall not go in unto the vail, nor come nigh unto the altar, because he hath a blemish; that he profane not my sanctuaries: for I the LORD do sanctify them."

#88751 Oct 17, 2012
Yes and Amen wrote:
<quoted text>It happened once...
about 4800 years ago!
LOL
That was 6000 years after Gobekli Tepe was built..... And now that that some folks have figured out where to look cities are popping up every few months... In the last few years we have found 8 sunken cities out in the oceans up to 400 feet deep... The geological evidence dates the walls cut around the Spinx at around 12,000 BC..

#88752 Oct 17, 2012
ThePreacherman01 wrote:
Every day get your heart ready before you leave the house. Pray for yourself. Then ask God to guide you though the day....
Nah...

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Winchester Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Giovanni's very rude to special needs class (Apr '16) 3 hr codlick 14
One million dollar winner in Winchester. 6 hr Still working 7
My Take Back Home Girl Farted 12 hr Paul 2
Tina at Sonic 12 hr Chuck 3
steak and shake 12 hr Marty 10
who knows anything about the 2007 Michaela Watk... (Aug '10) 19 hr Humm 14
Hookups Fri Guy 3

Winchester Jobs

Personal Finance

Winchester Mortgages