Bible study rules for public schools proposed

Feb 10, 2010 Full story: The Courier-Journal 133,241

FRANKFORT, Ky. - The state would create rules for teaching about the Bible in public high schools under a bill filed Monday by three Democratic senators.

Full Story

“I Luv Carbon Dioxide”

Since: Dec 08

Location hidden

#88686 Oct 16, 2012
Down with teaching bible confined to our homes and churches. Up with tolerance and freedom. Stop secular extremist law.

“There is no god”

Since: Jul 12

War, WV

#88687 Oct 16, 2012
Brian_G wrote:
Down with teaching bible confined to our homes and churches. Up with tolerance and freedom. Stop secular extremist law.
Down with teaching Satanism confined to our homes . Up with tolerance and freedom. Stop christian extremist law.

“I Luv Carbon Dioxide”

Since: Dec 08

Location hidden

#88688 Oct 16, 2012
If S.P. thinks he can find enough Satanic bible students to fill a school room, go for it. I never proposed shutting down public discussion.

And let Christians use public school rooms for bible study too!
Yes and Amen

Richmond, KY

#88689 Oct 16, 2012
Quantummist wrote:
<quoted text>
Hahaha,,, No you can't... First of all the Teeth show it was an Adult... Same with the cranial sutures ... It also had not one point that matched human structural layout... from the material of the skull which was more like Fingernail than bone and was several times stronger than human bone while being less than half as thick..
Imagine what scientists of the future would think when they dig the bones of the Elephant man out of Michel Jackson's closet!
He was an adult too!
Nothing new under the sun!
Yes and Amen

Richmond, KY

#88690 Oct 16, 2012
Quantummist wrote:
<quoted text>
As has been explained to you many times... There's a bunch of stuff you don't know.....
Agreed!

There is a bunch of stuff I don't know...
But what I do know is more important than anything in our lives!
I'm sure you know what it is!
Yes and Amen

Richmond, KY

#88691 Oct 16, 2012
bolognas wrote:
we had a great country until religion was taken out of the schools thats when kids were not taught respect curtesy and love thats what happened to our ciountry some full of crap retrards got high minded and ruined them selves and the country because children have no morals due to no bible or religion in school the majority of people especially the baby boomers generation are too self absorbed to care how there children turned out and too stupid to teach thier children common curtesey respect and morals thats why murder rape drug abuse has run rampant even prescription medicine because these neglected kids seen mom and dad poppin pills to do everything from sleep to wake up to energy and just look at the results.
Great post!
but...
Jesus said these things must come to pass!
Let not your heart be troubled!
so true

Morgantown, KY

#88692 Oct 16, 2012
“Watch your thoughts, for they become words. Watch your words, for they become actions. Watch your actions, for they become habits. Watch your habits, for they become character. Watch your character, for it becomes your destiny.”
Yes and Amen

Richmond, KY

#88693 Oct 16, 2012
Creation wrote:
<quoted text>
They love to bring up the Crusades. However the Crusades cannot even come close to the number of deaths caused by Atheistic and Communist Russia. So much for the Atheist utopia.
I know!
Even though the crusades were MOSTLY perpetrated by the Catholics, and Muslims!
Like Hitler... supposedly Catholic, and acting nothing like Christ,
so they cannot blame Christians as they want to do!
Right is Right, and wrong is wrong...
They cannot say Killing a man/woman is wrong, and KILL 356,000,000 babies just in America is 'OK'...
And that is just one example of MANY!
Yes and Amen

Richmond, KY

#88694 Oct 16, 2012
Creation wrote:
<quoted text>
The multiple universe theory LOL. The theory of the gaps. Created because science cannot explain the fine tuning of our own, without GOD.
LOL
My point was, God lives in the Spirit realm, and the voyager not finding God... didn't have the equipment to look into that Universe!
But yes.... They know there is something out there, but would rather die, that say there is a God, AND one that Loves them!
Yes and Amen

Richmond, KY

#88695 Oct 16, 2012
By the book wrote:
So when exactly did god decide not to speak to his subjects anymore. I been waiting with this ass jawl club for his word for weeks man.
He does speak quite often to His people... He'd speak to you too... IF...
Yes and Amen

Richmond, KY

#88696 Oct 16, 2012
Quantummist wrote:
<quoted text>
And a very high Collagen content with embedded fibers... I would say more of a cross between fingernails and tooth enamel ... But anyway completely different than Bone Skulls as we know them....
Might be a un-developed conjoined twin...
Birth defect!
Yes and Amen

Richmond, KY

#88697 Oct 16, 2012
Creation wrote:
<quoted text>
Thomas Jefferson
3rd U.S. President, Drafter and Signer of the Declaration of Independence
"God who gave us life gave us liberty. And can the liberties of a nation be thought secure when we have removed their only firm basis, a conviction in the minds of the people that these liberties are of the Gift of God? That they are not to be violated but with His wrath? Indeed, I tremble for my country when I reflect that God is just; that His justice cannot sleep forever; That a revolution of the wheel of fortune, a change of situation, is among possible events; that it may become probable by Supernatural influence! The Almighty has no attribute which can take side with us in that event."
--Notes on the State of Virginia, Query XVIII, p. 237.
AMEN!
so true

Morgantown, KY

#88698 Oct 16, 2012
Good Day all, hope your day is blessed with joy, and kindness, not hurt and pain. May we sow what we want to reap, as well as reap what we sow...
Yes and Amen

Richmond, KY

#88699 Oct 16, 2012
ChromiuMan wrote:
<quoted text>
Then he forgives atheists for having better sight than the most.
ONLY if you REPENT your arrogance, and ignorance!
Yes and Amen

Richmond, KY

#88701 Oct 16, 2012
ChromiuMan wrote:
<quoted text>
Prove Creationism.
The second law of thermal dynamics!
The fact that the chances of the information in your DNA
comming together by CHANCE is 126^10 AGAINST...
By 'Scientific' terms "Impossible"...
The fact that you rail against God, as it says in the Bible!
AND...
God saved a WRETCH like me!
I hope you get to KNOW that feeling too!
Yes and Amen

Richmond, KY

#88702 Oct 16, 2012
Satanic Priest wrote:
<quoted text>Since I have stated that I respect people who really believe in the bible I should have made it more clear that the ones who use it to elevate themselves are the cult members. American christian churches seem to be a different religion than what the christian religion started out to be. It is more of a social club where they go to be better than every one else.
Not better... just forgiven!
AND wanting that for you, and yours!
Yes and Amen

Richmond, KY

#88703 Oct 16, 2012
very distressed wrote:
<quoted text>
I go to Church to hear the word and to fellowship with like minded people. I am in no way better than anyone, nor would I want to be. My only hope is that others would come to believe and follow the teachings of my Lord Jesus Christ. It is not a requirement that anyone believe or follow. It is only my sincerest hope that he that hears the word would be saved.
AMEN!
Yes and Amen

Richmond, KY

#88704 Oct 16, 2012
Satanic Priest wrote:
<quoted text>Do you TRY to live by Matthew 25:31-46?
You've proven that YOU don't even know what Matthew 25 teaches!
Read all of it!
Yes and Amen

Richmond, KY

#88705 Oct 16, 2012
Satanic Priest wrote:
<quoted text>Your god has been absent since, well forever
No... He's right here...
Near all of us who seek Him!
Yes and Amen

Richmond, KY

#88706 Oct 16, 2012
so true wrote:
Good Day all, hope your day is blessed with joy, and kindness, not hurt and pain. May we sow what we want to reap, as well as reap what we sow...
God's blessings to you, and yours!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Winchester Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Winchester police detective: Suspects in fatal ... 14 min Baggiebritches 2
Triple homacide 1 hr _FLATLINE-------- 8
Bed bugs [in our schools] 1 hr bug spray 6
Would you set your child on fire ? 2 hr Phil Greer 1
Clark Regional with Irresponsible Doctors and O... 2 hr Lol 11
Bald men are so ugly! (Sep '10) 2 hr Tyler 187
love 2 hr Agreed 4
Winchester Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web