Bible study rules for public schools proposed

Feb 10, 2010 Full story: The Courier-Journal 131,107

FRANKFORT, Ky. - The state would create rules for teaching about the Bible in public high schools under a bill filed Monday by three Democratic senators.

Full Story

Since: Oct 08

Location hidden

#88611 Oct 15, 2012
watcher wrote:
Why don't you advertise an atheist meeting and see who shows up. Fat slobs, shemales and eastern Europeans.
I'm sorry, but you-tube some atheists and you'll see why it's not a huge movement. Real weirdos trying to portray themselves as if they're normal.
I guess we could also announce a meeting for Christians and get a whole lot of child molesters, huh? There's more Atheists than the Christians want to believe. I don't have the need for any meeting, or the need to go somewhere and share the exact views of a collective. Religion is poison.

And by the way, doesn't your God love fat slobs, she males and eastern Europeans? Guess not. I guess God made a whole lot of Atheists...not his first mistake, huh? I guess you frequent the Creation Musuem in N. KY. Yeah, where they enlighten us about how early man lived with the Dinosaurs and used them as plow mules and had saddles on them. Now THAT is Crazy!!!

“See how you are?”

Since: Jul 12

Earth

#88613 Oct 15, 2012
watcher wrote:
Why don't you advertise an atheist meeting and see who shows up. Fat slobs, shemales and eastern Europeans.
I'm sorry, but you-tube some atheists and you'll see why it's not a huge movement. Real weirdos trying to portray themselves as if they're normal.
Re-posting about what atheists look like... It wasn't clever the first time, either. That's why you didn't get any attention. Weirdos? You mean like Pentecostal snake handlers and Westboro Baptists? CYA.

“Speaker of Mountain Wisdom....”

Since: Jan 10

http://www.panoramio.com/user/

#88614 Oct 15, 2012
ChromiuMan wrote:
<quoted text>
Correction: More like tooth enamel than bone, since it has higher carbon content and lower phosphorus.
And a very high Collagen content with embedded fibers... I would say more of a cross between fingernails and tooth enamel ... But anyway completely different than Bone Skulls as we know them....

“Jesus is Lord”

Since: Aug 11

Greenwood, Indiana

#88615 Oct 15, 2012
Occams Razor wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm just curious, have your Grandchildren been taught all about the rape and incest from the Bible? OH...I guess the Christian schools only teach all that LOVE from the Bible and ignore all the other parts.
Now, on the other hand, I'm truly happy for you and your family, if all of that makes you happy.
I would like to pose a question: What horrible thing would your children or grandchildren have to do for YOU to be able to pour gasoline on them and burn them alive? So...in your world, God's love for his 'children' is less than the love you have for your children. Funny how the Christians project human emotions onto their God. Don't you believe that God is BIGGER than that? Sheesh...
First thing First, I am a Pastor and have been one for more then 25 years. My family and I live our life by the Bible, our grandchildren is being raise up the right way! My Christian School teach the truth from the Bible we do not ignore anything thank you! Your comment here tells me you need to go to a Bible school so you may understand the truth. Thank You The Preacherman....

“There's more than one religion”

Location hidden

#88617 Oct 15, 2012
ThePreacherman01 wrote:
<quoted text> First thing First, I am a Pastor and have been one for more then 25 years. My family and I live our life by the Bible, our grandchildren is being raise up the right way! My Christian School teach the truth from the Bible we do not ignore anything thank you! Your comment here tells me you need to go to a Bible school so you may understand the truth. Thank You The Preacherman....
In otherwords: you can't answer his question so you deflect it and just state he needs to be taught to believe the same things as you.

“There is no god”

War, WV

#88618 Oct 15, 2012
ThePreacherman01 wrote:
<quoted text> First thing First, I am a Pastor and have been one for more then 25 years. My family and I live our life by the Bible, our grandchildren is being raise up the right way! My Christian School teach the truth from the Bible we do not ignore anything thank you! Your comment here tells me you need to go to a Bible school so you may understand the truth. Thank You The Preacherman....
So you sold your daughters as sex slaves? You rejoice as you kill babies? You kill animals for ritual blood sacrifice? You are evil

Location hidden

#88619 Oct 15, 2012
ThePreacherman01 wrote:
Yet again, a Christian refuses to answer my question...surprise!!! I don't care how long you've been a preacher...to me, that's like saying I've collected marbles for 40 years. I'm pretty sure I know more about what's in the Bible than most Christians...well, maybe...except for those who have a fake theology degree from some Falwell college.

Why can't you simply answer the question? I guess you and God spoke and he told you not to answer.

Bible School= FICTION.

“Jesus is Lord”

Greenwood, Indiana

#88620 Oct 15, 2012
Apple At Cha wrote:
<quoted text>
In otherwords: you can't answer his question so you deflect it and just state he needs to be taught to believe the same things as you.
I answer it the way God wanted me to, thank you!

“There is no god”

War, WV

#88621 Oct 15, 2012
watcher wrote:
When the best that you can do is to try to defame you have admitted that you have no substance to stand on. Thank you for proving yet again that your cult is with out any substance.

Location hidden

#88622 Oct 15, 2012
Apple At Cha wrote:
<quoted text>
PERFECTION!!

Location hidden

#88623 Oct 15, 2012
ThePreacherman01 wrote:
<quoted text>I answer it the way God wanted me to, thank you!
Prove it! Seems you didn't answer it at all.

Location hidden

#88624 Oct 15, 2012
ThePreacherman01 wrote:
<quoted text>I answer it the way God wanted me to, thank you!
And even more ironic, is that you profess to know the mind of god concerning the minutia of conversational interaction, which is both prideful and unprovable.

You answer to him was akin to answering a written question with @#$%, then stating it meant whatever you wanted it to mean and should be taken as sufficient because god told you to write it.

If that is your testimony, it is an epic fail.

Location hidden

#88625 Oct 15, 2012
Even though I don't believe in an afterlife, I sometimes think, just as Christopher Hitchens did, that it's too bad there wasn't a Hell for Jerry Falwell to go to when he died. HUCKSTER!! OH yeah, and HE WAS FAT!!! Must've been a secret Atheist!!!
Creation

Winchester, KY

#88626 Oct 15, 2012
Occams Razor wrote:
<quoted text>
Yeah, so much for the Christian Utopia, too. Now where's that at?
Afterall, wasn't the U.S. founded on Christian principles? Of course, we really know that's not true.
That(Utopia) comes after death!
Well the Country sure wasn't found to opress religion. Read the constitution:

"Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the government for a redress of grievances."

It is called the 1st ammendment!

“There is no god”

War, WV

#88627 Oct 15, 2012
Creation wrote:
<quoted text>
"Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the government for a redress of grievances."
Every one having equal rights is not oppressing your religion. Not allowing your religion to oppress others is not oppressing your religion. Not giving you special rights is not oppressing your religion, not allowing you to FORCE your religion as FACT is not suppressing your religion it is giving every one equal rights.
Stop whining like a little baby and deal with it.
Creation

Winchester, KY

#88628 Oct 15, 2012
Apple At Cha wrote:
<quoted text>
Prove it! Seems you didn't answer it at all.
He has nothing to prove to you. Your questions to him were absurd and out of context.
Creation

Winchester, KY

#88629 Oct 15, 2012
Occams Razor wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm just curious, have your Grandchildren been taught all about the rape and incest from the Bible? OH...I guess the Christian schools only teach all that LOVE from the Bible and ignore all the other parts.
Now, on the other hand, I'm truly happy for you and your family, if all of that makes you happy.
I would like to pose a question: What horrible thing would your children or grandchildren have to do for YOU to be able to pour gasoline on them and burn them alive? So...in your world, God's love for his 'children' is less than the love you have for your children. Funny how the Christians project human emotions onto their God. Don't you believe that God is BIGGER than that? Sheesh...
God is absolute justice for mankind. Our idea of justice is not the same as his. We sometimes have difficulty forgiving murderers and the worst that society has to offer. Yet that is exactly what he does and and expects us to do the same. He created us, he gave us a conscience life, so we are beholden to his mercy not our own.

Location hidden

#88630 Oct 15, 2012
Creation wrote:
<quoted text>
I guess you know more about what the Founding Fathers thoughts were on Religion than they did:

"The day will come when the mystical generation of Jesus, by the Supreme Being as his father, in the womb of a virgin, will be classed with the fable of the generation of Minerva in the brain of Jupiter." ---Thomas Jefferson, in a letter to John Adams.

You see the difference between me and you is: I don't care WHAT anyone believes, I just do not want ANY religious indoctrination of my children at school or anywhere else funded and/or endorsed by the government.
Creation

Winchester, KY

#88631 Oct 15, 2012
Satanic Priest wrote:
<quoted text>Every one having equal rights is not oppressing your religion. Not allowing your religion to oppress others is not oppressing your religion. Not giving you special rights is not oppressing your religion, not allowing you to FORCE your religion as FACT is not suppressing your religion it is giving every one equal rights.
Stop whining like a little baby and deal with it.
You are the one whining! LOL No one is required to come to the Cross and to accept Jesus Christ as the Saviour. Your eternal destination is your choice. You have the right to sin against God all that you want. You just cannot make the Church recognize or partake in it. The beautiful thing about a Democracy however, is that we vote, whether through the election of Government officials or through direct legislative votes for what we will accept.

Location hidden

#88632 Oct 15, 2012
Creation wrote:
<quoted text>
God is absolute justice for mankind. Our idea of justice is not the same as his. We sometimes have difficulty forgiving murderers and the worst that society has to offer. Yet that is exactly what he does and and expects us to do the same. He created us, he gave us a conscience life, so we are beholden to his mercy not our own.
So, now murderers go to heaven? Forgive us--so why is there a Hell? FUNNY!!!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Winchester Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
KY 'Fox News Sunday' to Host Kentucky Senate Debate (Oct '10) 40 min Obama Zombies 155,436
KY What's mitch McConnell done for coal, when ther... 1 hr Truth 7,184
96 Truck Stop Vigilante Justice 2 hr Jess 2
Anthony Gray Amazon 3 hr Big Bob 9
Dope sick need help 5 hr ranger 10
garth concert 5 hr soso 1
Asian massage on bypass 6 hr mike 5

Winchester Jobs

Winchester People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Winchester News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Winchester

Personal Finance