Bible study rules for public schools proposed

Feb 10, 2010 Full story: The Courier-Journal 132,193

FRANKFORT, Ky. - The state would create rules for teaching about the Bible in public high schools under a bill filed Monday by three Democratic senators.

Full Story

“There is no god.”

Since: Jan 12

USA

#86856 Sep 6, 2012
KublaKhan wrote:
<quoted text>
Only by Jesus' sacrifice was the new law able to be brought into the world. A better and easier way for people to get to Heaven.
I'm not sure I understand your last question though. The only "old" laws Christians live by are the 10 Commandments which were carried over into the new covenant.
So in your interpretation when the bible states (heaven and earth will pass), do you think that means, "Jesus' death/burial/resurrection "? We can come back to the old laws later.

“There is no god.”

Since: Jan 12

USA

#86857 Sep 6, 2012
ChromiuMan wrote:
<quoted text>
Then what did he want the frontal lobe to do? For most fundamentalists it's just a vestigial organ.
Very good.

“Speaker of Mountain Wisdom....”

Since: Jan 10

London, KY

#86859 Sep 6, 2012
ChromiuMan wrote:
<quoted text>
If you teach kids about other religions, people like YaA and Q will accuse them of being closet Muslims.
You mean Atheists like me would think if you teach kids About other religions such? No Actually I might think you would be teaching them mythology if you did it right, if you do it wrong you might teach them to be delusional....

“There's more than one religion”

Since: Aug 11

Location hidden

#86860 Sep 6, 2012
Ignorance is Dangerous wrote:
<quoted text>
I get nude to take a shower. Lust is what you're referring to I assume.
Wondering eyes cause marriages to break up, children without both parents, boys raised by their mothers only who many times become Gay which is not a good thing. Gays push for their rights which causes problems, people which believe in a Man and Women being together is the right way start getting upset. Lust just causes all sorts of problems. It's not something that you can just turn off, I know, I struggle with it too, but we got to try our best, because that stuff will kill an entire civilization, in which it almost has here in America. The Love of Money is the root of ALL EVIL. This is 1 Timothy 6:10. Lusting after Money is even a sin, the root of all sin. Because with enough money you can purchase Lust and Lust eventually destroys all happiness if people don't control it.
James 1:15 Then when lust hath conceived, it bringeth forth sin: and sin, when it is finished, bringeth forth death.
16 Do not err, my beloved brethren.
ROFL. For someone who thinks ignorance is dangerous, you display an awfully large amount of it.

1. Wandering eyes doesn't cause marriages to break up. Money Issues and infidelity do. Verifiable fact.

2. Being gay has NO relation to being raised by a mother only. That is also verifiable fact and debunked myth. Gays come from all family types. Looking for a "reason gays exist" to support your belief that single mothers are bad for children is just bupkis.

3. Pushing for one's rights shouldn't be a problem for anyone, UNLESS you want to continue to oppress those persons. Saying gays shouldn't seek equal rights and treatment because it will upset fundamentalists is hilarious. That is like telling a kid to just take it from the bully, because standing up for themselves may just make the bully mad.

Before making blanket characterizations, please do some thoughtful research, because ignorance really is dangerous.

“See how you are?”

Since: Jul 12

Earth

#86861 Sep 6, 2012
Quantummist wrote:
<quoted text>
You mean Atheists like me would think if you teach kids About other religions such? No Actually I might think you would be teaching them mythology if you did it right, if you do it wrong you might teach them to be delusional....
Sorry Q - I was referring to the R.R. faction who believe Obama is Mohammed Incarnate on the basis that he went to a Muslim majority grade school for a couple years.

London, KY

#86862 Sep 6, 2012
ChromiuMan wrote:
<quoted text>
Sorry Q - I was referring to the R.R. faction who believe Obama is Mohammed Incarnate on the basis that he went to a Muslim majority grade school for a couple years.
Actually it's a matter of Perspective... If I were a devout Muslim from the middle east then I would of course believe without a doubt, as absolute fact that Obama IS Islamic... If ones father is Islamic so is the son... It's a foundation position within Islam....

“See how you are?”

Earth

#86863 Sep 6, 2012
Quantummist wrote:
<quoted text>
Actually it's a matter of Perspective... If I were a devout Muslim from the middle east then I would of course believe without a doubt, as absolute fact that Obama IS Islamic... If ones father is Islamic so is the son... It's a foundation position within Islam....
I actually think he takes a more matriarchal bend - agnostic/atheist but has to pretend for the Christian bloc. Naturally, they are suspicious, but can't even conceive that a $#&@% agnostic/atheist &%$#!! might be prez, so he MUST be Muslim.

London, KY

#86864 Sep 6, 2012
ChromiuMan wrote:
<quoted text>
I actually think he takes a more matriarchal bend - agnostic/atheist but has to pretend for the Christian bloc. Naturally, they are suspicious, but can't even conceive that a $#&@% agnostic/atheist &%$#!! might be prez, so he MUST be Muslim.
Some do, Some don't... if by They you mean the Fundy Christian folks... Of them I have no concern... I'm more concerned in those that think strapping a few pounds of HE to their kids chest and sending them to my house for a visit thinking the President of the US is one of them..... What I Do know is that we have went in 3 years from tracking down Al Quida and killing them, to giving them air support and arms in Libya and Egypt...

“See how you are?”

Earth

#86865 Sep 6, 2012
Quantummist wrote:
<quoted text>
Some do, Some don't... if by They you mean the Fundy Christian folks... Of them I have no concern... I'm more concerned in those that think strapping a few pounds of HE to their kids chest and sending them to my house for a visit thinking the President of the US is one of them..... What I Do know is that we have went in 3 years from tracking down Al Quida and killing them, to giving them air support and arms in Libya and Egypt...
The whole lot of them are collectively insane in my book.
jughead

Fremont, CA

#86866 Sep 6, 2012
?
havent forgotten

Lamoni, IA

#86867 Sep 6, 2012
Quantummist wrote:
<quoted text>
you are totally nuts. on foreign policy and on Obama. first of all the people who want to bring down the economy of this country are the rightwing Republicans, the opportunistic Republicans, and the greedy crooked folks in corporations and the financial world (not necessarily the honest rich people, even though they would benefit financially from a Republican President and Congress). It was also Obama who took the risk of alienating Pakisan government and people by authorizing the raid into Pakistan to get Bin Laden - capture or kill, with choice left up to the military in the circumstances they encountered. He also has alienated Muslims by sending drones after Al Quida leaders, and thus risking killing innocent civilians among whom those leaders try to hide - this to fight Al Quida, and also to save American lives by not sending in more "boots on the ground" or pilot-and crew manned airplanes. If a Bush had done it you would have applauded it.

In Libya, Qadaffi was already called a terrorist for authorizing the downing of the airplane near Greenland seveal years ago. If a Bush had done it you would have applauded it.

In Egypt, and elsewhere, the socalled Arab spring was a mixture of all those harmed by the oppressive regimes. The air strikes called in to protect civilians in cities made it a humanitarian type operation. Not pro one side or another, just anti the side that was butchering civilians. Sort of as if someone had had the courage to stand up against the Nazis and Fascists when Mussolini and Hitler used Span as target practice and weapons testring grounds prior to WWII. Would you have been for Franco?

You are amazingly inconsistent - to rational seeming on religion, and so emotional and outright rightwing extremist on politics. I still think you have overreacted from your own youthful lefty extremism.

Did you ever tell us whether your views on religion are also a reaction against some part of your upbringing?
havent forgotten

Lamoni, IA

#86868 Sep 6, 2012
ChromiuMan wrote:
<quoted text>
The whole lot of them are collectively insane in my book.
do you mean fundies of all religions - by the word them? I would agree, but would not want to get myself killed by openly opposing terrorist Muslims. I suspect many moderate Muslims are also afraid of speaking out against terrorist Muslims.

What policy do you want to take regarding all these insane folks.? I would like to see the fundies of each side fight each other, but it is more likely that the fundies of all sides would rather persecute moderate and rational persons, rather than fight each other.
havent forgotten

Lamoni, IA

#86869 Sep 6, 2012
Satanic Priest wrote:
<quoted text>You call worshiping a god that demanded the slaughter of man woman and child, demanded the blood of animals be sacrificed, demanded that his followers kill children, said that anyone who is not jewish is a dog and a slave, etc...
You call worshiping that evil being in the light? You worship the devil! Your god is the evil devil and you follow like a sheep does
actually sheep are mostly herded by very nice border collie dogs, much superior to religious leaders. those dogs are smarter and prettier, and more able to climb up and down hills, without needing to rob their flock in order to buy cadillacs.
havent forgotten

Lamoni, IA

#86870 Sep 6, 2012
know wrote:
Another earthquake off costa rica...
Tens of thousands of DEAD FISH wash up on shore at lake Erie...
So the earthquakes are more numerous..? Hurricanes.. What explanation do U have for the fish? I'm sure they will b great ones..not anything to do with the world suffering labor pains..growing closer to the end??..na.... Lol....
anyone using the name of know is ridiculous. you do not know. you probably do not know much about science, or scientific method, which would investigate various contributory factors, natural ones, however complex. global warming maybe...
havent forgotten

Lamoni, IA

#86871 Sep 6, 2012
Ignorance is Dangerous wrote:
<quoted text>
In the Beginning God created all things even the wickedness. You can find this in Proverbs 16:4 and Isaiah 45:7. Even in the Garden of Eden you find that there were two trees in the Midst of the Garden. Free Will can't exist without choice. God always warns of the harm that will come if the wrong decision is made, but the scary thing about God is; is that he will also give it to you if thats what you choose.
thank you for admitting your god is evil. it would be a better bet to have a nonpowerful nice god, I think. but the one that has been made up and worshipped so much is probably based on the model of a not very nice old man, who abuses wife, children, animals, nature.
havent forgotten

Lamoni, IA

#86872 Sep 6, 2012
KublaKhan wrote:
<quoted text>
Only by Jesus' sacrifice was the new law able to be brought into the world. A better and easier way for people to get to Heaven.
I'm not sure I understand your last question though. The only "old" laws Christians live by are the 10 Commandments which were carried over into the new covenant.
so easier is better? like being superstitious is lots easier than being moral, for example. maybe better than making offerings to various gods by murdering people and animals.
havent forgotten

Lamoni, IA

#86873 Sep 6, 2012
ChromiuMan wrote:
<quoted text>
If you teach kids about other religions, people like YaA and Q will accuse them of being closet Muslims.
I agree about yaa, and some other fundies. who knows about Q!? if he could tie it in with attacking Obama, he would take either side!

“See how you are?”

Earth

#86874 Sep 6, 2012
havent forgotten wrote:
<quoted text> do you mean fundies of all religions - by the word them? I would agree, but would not want to get myself killed by openly opposing terrorist Muslims. I suspect many moderate Muslims are also afraid of speaking out against terrorist Muslims.
What policy do you want to take regarding all these insane folks.? I would like to see the fundies of each side fight each other, but it is more likely that the fundies of all sides would rather persecute moderate and rational persons, rather than fight each other.
fundies? There is no FUNDAMENTAL difference between a Muslim extremist, a Christian zealot and a political partisan. None of them will stray from self-righteous dogma far enough to stop the chants from echoing between their ears.
havent forgotten

Lamoni, IA

#86875 Sep 6, 2012
Yes and Amen wrote:
<quoted text>Good to know!
Thanks
well, giving credit where credit is due - nice of you to care about these little animals, unless you have some sinister intent. in case of Q my guess it is to lure good subjects for beautiful and or interesting photographs, I do not think either of you are entirely bad persons, and it is nice to see you being nice to each other on a subject where you both seem to be doing something good. or perhaps I misunderstand?....
havent forgotten

Lamoni, IA

#86876 Sep 6, 2012
Yes and Amen wrote:
<quoted text>Well...I may want to thank you...
I checked, and found " factcheck.org ", and according to them
it's false...
But....
It seems Factcheck. org might just be a lil left of center, so
I'll reserve judgement till after the DNC, and a lil more fact checking... LOL
who is going to check the fact-checkers? they make mistakes, and twist things, just like others do. what is the issue on which you want the facts - not sure what you were discussing.

Ryan was lyin, about his marathon time, about the medicare issue, and about the welfare to work issue, and in general about his budget and his voting record. He voted for budget budget items dozens of times when Bush was President. He became a budget cutter after Obama was elected. He was one of 15 Republicans who met at the beginning of the Obama Administration to plot out a way to oppose Obama on everything and be sure he did not succeed in helping the economy recover or in anything else. Senate GOP leader Mitch McConnell openly bragged that the primary political goal of the Republicans was to get Obama defeated - and he took that view from the first - not based on some particular disagreement, but on general malice toward Obama.

Obama has not been able to fulfill many of his campaign socalled promises - things he should have just said he would try to do, because he should have known Republicans would do anything they could to make him fail to get things passed, by House and or Senate.

fact check calls it a broken promise - even though Obama tried hard and the failure was entirely due to GOP obstruction. so factcheck can be misleading.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Winchester Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Who's the sleazy girl at Woodys? 3 hr Tony2767 1
Need Someone To Paint 3 hr Rick W 3
Apartment Complex Shooting What Happened? 4 hr Shae 35
shooting 5 hr Nikki 49
eric rison getting STOMPED (Apr '13) 5 hr take it out 8
joe??? 6 hr need info 1
lookin fah dtf shawty that love black d**k 6 hr jjdajet 4
lillian BRAY Barnett 19 hr mask 20
Winchester Dating
Find my Match