Bible study rules for public schools proposed

There are 137872 comments on the The Courier-Journal story from Feb 10, 2010, titled Bible study rules for public schools proposed. In it, The Courier-Journal reports that:

FRANKFORT, Ky. - The state would create rules for teaching about the Bible in public high schools under a bill filed Monday by three Democratic senators.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at The Courier-Journal.

Yes and Amen

Salyersville, KY

#82154 Jul 7, 2012
trusted wrote:
<quoted text>
I must not have caught that one...
He to me played the part of how all men should be ....
Respect ,honesty, courage, faith and always kind to a lady...
Sometimes angels come to us in many ways , from something we watch to something we hear, or thru someone we know. We feel as though the Lord sent people to us sometimes for a reason , and I am sure Andy's reason was well played!!!
Yep!
I see no Andys in TV today... twisted sick creatures sprouting up on all channels... The Lord draws neigh!
Amen!
Yes and Amen

Salyersville, KY

#82155 Jul 7, 2012
juggalo wrote:
<quoted text>
I heard once that a sign of craziness is doing the same thing over and over ,and expecting different results ..so when you come back tomorrow could you change it up a little bit ? You might not look so crazy then ...but ..then again I think you're on here not to convince others , but to keep yourself convinced " pumped up" so to speak .don't you think its strange that you're on here everyday reassuring your faith , and its still no larger than a mustard seed ? When was the last time you made a mountain move just by telling it to ?
Don't you think it's a lil strange being on here fight over something you DON'T Believe in!
Now that's Crazy!
Fact is... your very presence here... Screams God is real!
In the last days, there will be Mockers...
How does that feel to ya?
Try to prove me wrong... don't come back to this forum!
If you Can!
See ya later!
Yes and Amen

Salyersville, KY

#82156 Jul 7, 2012
Quantummist wrote:
<quoted text>
Kewl... I'll need the comic relief tomorrow also...
Hahaha!
Whatever joy you can get out of it!
God is real :-)
Yes and Amen

Salyersville, KY

#82157 Jul 7, 2012
fact wrote:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v =ZFrkjEgUDZAXX&feature=rel ated
Oh Cool!
Cartoons!
Guess what?
God is Real!
He saved me, and He can save you too!
Get to know Him.... You'll be Glad you did!
Yes and Amen

Salyersville, KY

#82158 Jul 7, 2012
Stupidppl wrote:
Some of you are bout crazy and I will pray for you nothing you can say or prove will ever make me doubt that my savior came and died for me so I could have a chance to live.
"For the wrath of God is revealed from heaven against all ungodliness and unrighteousness of humankind, who suppress the truth in unrighteousness (Romans 1:18)."
There are many reasons people do not believe in God but it is not because of lack of evidence. People do not believe because of pride or an ignorance of God's Word and His power. Those who are ignorant of God want to be ignorant. They do not want to know Him.
Great post!
Amen!
Yes and Amen

Salyersville, KY

#82159 Jul 7, 2012
Quantummist wrote:
<quoted text>
Horsey Puckey Doo Doo...
"Horsey Puckey Doo Doo" = "Evilution"
Smells bad too!
Yes and Amen

Salyersville, KY

#82160 Jul 7, 2012
fact wrote:
you ppl base you whole religon on a book wrote by just men not a god if god had wrote the bible there wouldnt be so many mistakes
No mistakes... Manuscript 95% perfect, with only a few spelling errors...
Science books blew it when they said Dinos died out long before man... and then have the gall to say... they found a Living Fossil... yet cannot explain why dino tracks, and human track are in the SAME stratta, and pictorials of dinos in caves, AND lodges depicting how to kill a t-rex like critter...
No... They are wrong, and fools follow them!
Get to Know God... You'll be Glad you did!
Yes and Amen

Salyersville, KY

#82161 Jul 7, 2012
havent forgotten wrote:
<quoted text> interesting that you wrote that "nothing you can say or prove" etc. even proof would not be sufficient to change your mind. that is really devoted!
You cannot Un-Know what you Know to be truth!
God is real, He saved me, AND I've cast out demons in His Holy Name!
You can never un-know that!
God is real!
jimmy

Salyersville, KY

#82162 Jul 7, 2012
they have taken the bible out of the classrooms and taken the ten commandments off the walls of schools and fed nd local offices COME ON PEOPLE what's it gonna take look at where our children are headed people want god's name off of everything , well that may be good for them so if they are caught with paper money in their pocket "which say's in god we trust" then fine the heck qot of them, now lets get god back in our life for he said if you are ashamed of me before men i'll be ashamed of you before my father amen
Yes and Amen

Salyersville, KY

#82163 Jul 7, 2012
havent forgotten wrote:
<quoted text> what you mean is that you want a chance to live on as something like yourself after you die - or you want to be raptured up before you die normally, I assume. and for that privilege you want someone to suffer and die. not very nice of you.
"and for that privilege you want someone to suffer and die"
NOT at ALL!
IF we'd wanted that... we wouldn't tell you anything!
We WANT you with us! How is that not nice?

“There is no god.”

Since: Jan 12

USA

#82164 Jul 7, 2012
jimmy wrote:
they have taken the bible out of the classrooms and taken the ten commandments off the walls of schools and fed nd local offices COME ON PEOPLE what's it gonna take look at where our children are headed people want god's name off of everything , well that may be good for them so if they are caught with paper money in their pocket "which say's in god we trust" then fine the heck qot of them, now lets get god back in our life for he said if you are ashamed of me before men i'll be ashamed of you before my father amen
Lol.

“There is no god.”

USA

#82165 Jul 7, 2012
Quantummist wrote:
<quoted text>
Only to those that have a limited education or intellect.... When someone such as your fine self knows so little most people will seem all knowing....
That one is a typical religie they can not have a discussion.
jimmy

Salyersville, KY

#82166 Jul 7, 2012
(yesandamen)these people say believe in science and not god , but it has been proven by scientist that there is more proof that the holy bible that you and i read is more real and thatour god is more alive than the president of the u.s. amen, amen

“There is no god.”

USA

#82167 Jul 7, 2012
Gumps Own wrote:
Religion creates an imaginary sickness (SIN) to sell you an imaginary cure (Jesus). Religion breeds hate. Religion destroys lives. Do you realize that if Churches had not caused the dark ages that the world be 1000 years more advanced. Also without Religion we would still have things in this world like the World Trade Center. I don't see how people can actually believe that a person from the sky, came down and got a woman pregnant. Isn't it a much more believable scenario that Mary was cheating on her husband and got Pregnant. I bet if there was D.N.A testing back then, they would've found out that baby Jesus was actually the neighbors kid. You base everything that you know about Religion on "The Bible". A book that nobody knows who actually wrote. A book that has been translated hundreds of times. Languages do not translate word for word. For all you know whoever wrote the bible could have been writing a science fiction novel. Also if the Bible covers since the beginning of time, why is there nothing in the bible about Dinosaurs. If the bible is proof that god exists, then Spider-man comics are proof that Spider-man is real. And the Lord of the Rings is proof that Hobbits, Elves, and Orcs are real. The Walking Dead Comics are proof that Zombies are real. until the day comes that Jesus himself comes down out of the sky, walks up to me and turns water to wine or some Sh*t like that, I will have to choose not to believe in things that there are no proof of. If anyone can show me one shred of proof that god exists please feel free.
There is no proof of any gods.
sam

Oxford, NY

#82168 Jul 7, 2012
no comet
sam

Oxford, NY

#82169 Jul 7, 2012
god is awsome i useto go to chrch
great

Williamson, WV

#82170 Jul 7, 2012
i agree!
sam

Oxford, NY

#82171 Jul 7, 2012
can i join your chat?
great

Williamson, WV

#82172 Jul 7, 2012
pray!

“Speaker of Mountain Wisdom....”

Since: Jan 10

East Bernstadt, KY

#82173 Jul 7, 2012
Yes and Amen wrote:
<quoted text>He did!
His LAME theory said... Before the BB, there was no "Time", therefore... No Creator!
Lame Crock of a theory!
He's a Hack!
I see you have a problem with reading comprehension... He has never made a statement of no creator... In reality even if the Universe had a Creator, before Creation of matter there would have been no time...

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Winchester Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Tabii spencer 38 min The realest 7
Kmart 2 hr sage 10
weird girl tammie burton 4 hr my unsolicited op... 2
Kin-Tuck Diner 6 hr cockmaster 4
crystal hurt (Nov '13) 12 hr 4feet 12
Looking for someone to have sex with my husband (May '11) 13 hr limpbizkit 179
tessa roseberry??? 13 hr limpbizkit 3
More from around the web

Winchester People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE