Is Brian Thomas a Good Lawyer?

Posted in the Winchester Forum

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Need Advice

Winchester, KY

#1 Nov 12, 2010
I have a personal injury case and need to find an attorney, hopefully in Clark County. I have a friend that used Brian Thomas, the county attorney and she recommended him. Has anyone used him for private cases before? Mine is a personal injury case and I want to make sure I get the best lawyer possible. Thanks!
just me

AOL

#2 Nov 12, 2010
yes brian thomas is a hell of a lawyer.he did my divorce 4 years ago,i got to keep my house,my truck ect. ect. plus i got custody of my daughter and im a guy.yes i would recommend him to anybody
SoSorry

Lexington, KY

#3 Nov 12, 2010
Brian Thomas is Class A, anyway you want to shape it. He's awesome!!
Former Legal Secretary

Georgetown, KY

#4 Nov 12, 2010
Brian doesn't do a lot of personal injury. There's a huge difference between a divorce and a personal injury case.

Divorces usually involve two people...and the kids, of course.

A PI case can involve many many people, a large number of depositions, and a lot of case work.

As County Attorney, Brian wears more than one hat.

If it is a BIG personal injury case and you are unwilling to settle, you need to find someone with the funds to back you and the patience to do what it takes to win.

PI cases can take time...even to settle.

If you would like a list of good PI attorneys in Lexington or the surrounding area, let me know and I will post some names.

I no longer work as a legal secretary, so I'm not going to push you to hire my boss! I promise!
in the know

Bowling Green, KY

#5 Nov 13, 2010
Certainly look for a specialized personal injury attorney. I would def. look in Lexington, at the larger firms. Don't even call the ones on TV. Good luck!
lol

Winchester, KY

#6 Nov 13, 2010
Just don't tell him you found his referral on TOPIX!:)
voter

Winchester, KY

#7 Nov 13, 2010
Shouldn't Thomas have his hands full being County
Attorney? I can't believe we're paying this guy 100 grand and he's still keeping a private practice.

What if Henry Branham decided to start fixing appliances during the day? Or what if Berl Perdue kept his job as a city cop while he was sheriff? What a joke! Only a lawyer could be arrogant enough to spit in the face of the tax payers like this.
Need Advice

Winchester, KY

#8 Nov 13, 2010
Former Legal Secretary wrote:
Brian doesn't do a lot of personal injury. There's a huge difference between a divorce and a personal injury case.
Divorces usually involve two people...and the kids, of course.
A PI case can involve many many people, a large number of depositions, and a lot of case work.
As County Attorney, Brian wears more than one hat.
If it is a BIG personal injury case and you are unwilling to settle, you need to find someone with the funds to back you and the patience to do what it takes to win.
PI cases can take time...even to settle.
If you would like a list of good PI attorneys in Lexington or the surrounding area, let me know and I will post some names.
I no longer work as a legal secretary, so I'm not going to push you to hire my boss! I promise!
Some suggestions would be greatly appreciated! Both lawyers who settle and those who go to trial because I just don't know which way it will go... Thanks!
Move on

Lexington, KY

#9 Nov 15, 2010
voter wrote:
Attorney? I can't believe we're paying this guy 100 grand and he's still keeping a private practice.
What if Henry Branham decided to start fixing appliances during the day? Or what if Berl Perdue kept his job as a city cop while he was sheriff? What a joke! Only a lawyer could be arrogant enough to spit in the face of the tax payers like this.
Please... go find somewhere else to spit your venom. Brian is an excellent lawyer and works very hard for the city. Sounds like an open and shut case of sour grapes to me.

For the poster.... Yes, Brian is an excellent attorney but I would look for personal injury elsewhere as recommended by others in the thread.
meghan

United States

#10 Nov 15, 2010
The only thing I dislike about brian is, a friend of mine, and myself were assaulted at the same time and were pressing charges, and he offered the person a plea out after only 20 days. He wouldnt even listen to us, when we said we didnt agree to the plea out. Other then that hes a great guy, and a good lawyer, I just wish he would have listen to us more.
bosco

Corbin, KY

#11 Nov 15, 2010
voter wrote:
AMEN!!!! WTF_ How can he have an allegiance to his elected position AND do you justice!!!!????
rider

Winchester, KY

#12 Nov 15, 2010
Brian is a great guy and a good lawyer. but he is very busy. getting in to talk to him may be an issue. You might check with John Rice, he does a lot of personal injury cases. Talk with the them and make sure you are comfortable with whoever you choose.
slow but good

Winchester, KY

#13 Nov 15, 2010
Heard he is slow but a really good lawyer.
someone who knows

Winchester, KY

#14 Nov 15, 2010
Brian Thomas is one of the best atty. in Winchester and surrounding counties. He knows his business when it comes to lwa. And I can't say that he has lost any cases to my knowning. He is just to busy being the County Atty.He's just to busy to handle personal business. It takes him a while to get your business done but when he does it's done right. So if you need it done fast go else where.
voter

Winchester, KY

#15 Nov 15, 2010
Move on wrote:
<quoted text>
Please... go find somewhere else to spit your venom. Brian is an excellent lawyer and works very hard for the city. Sounds like an open and shut case of sour grapes to me.
For the poster.... Yes, Brian is an excellent attorney but I would look for personal injury elsewhere as recommended by others in the thread.
What a crock. Brian doesn't even work for the city. He works for the county. In fact, he was representing a client AGAINST the city last year. Yeah, that's right. We pay him from COUNTY dollars and he was suing the CITY on behalf of a client. I think it was the case where someone's guitar shop was underwater and he said it was the city's fault. So the county taxpayers pay him to be the county attorney, then he turned around and sued the city. So those of us that live in the city paid HIM and then he turned around and sued US.
this voter

Winchester, KY

#16 Nov 15, 2010
will NEVER vote for him again.
marie

Winchester, KY

#17 Nov 15, 2010
Need Advice wrote:
I have a personal injury case and need to find an attorney, hopefully in Clark County. I have a friend that used Brian Thomas, the county attorney and she recommended him. Has anyone used him for private cases before? Mine is a personal injury case and I want to make sure I get the best lawyer possible. Thanks!
Brian Thomas is a wonderful lawyer. He handled my divorce 28 years ago when he was just starting out. If he can't take your case he will recommend someone who will. good luck.
marie

Winchester, KY

#18 Nov 15, 2010
Brian Thomas is a wonderful lawyer. He handled my divorce 28 years ago when he was just starting out. If he can't take your case he will recommend someone who will. good luck.
classmate

Winchester, KY

#19 Nov 15, 2010
I guess Brian Thomas started practicing law about the same time he hit puberty.
knows the law

Martin, KY

#20 Jul 10, 2012
voter wrote:
you obviously don't know anything you are talking about...$100 grand? are you kidding? county attorneys salaries are capped & he makes around $40,000 from the county.. not much more than a teacher makes & with 3 years of advanced legal training & tons of experience. he should get paid a lot more for dealing with you & the rest of clark county's crap!
& last i heard he only maintains his client list & doesn't take on complex new cases.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Winchester Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Bible study rules for public schools proposed (Feb '10) 16 min CriminalForever 156,448
blake combs (May '09) 2 hr Breh 5
Nice D!ck 5 hr so ive heard 11
MICHAEL HACKWORTH P.O.S. FOR SCHOOL SYSTEM adul... 13 hr Old tymer 2
New Clark County Mugshots (Feb '13) 13 hr Karma 9
Chip (george) harris 16 hr Facts 2
Trump please save the Sylvania plant 18 hr el oh el 9

Winchester Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Winchester Mortgages