section 8 and financial aid
Stacey

Louisville, KY

#21 Nov 22, 2012
I did the same thing never thought about asking anybody for anything but these kids think theyre owed something and get mad if you ? it.
help

Winchester, KY

#22 Nov 23, 2012
I did it without help wrote:
You know I was a single mother of two and I worked and never, never did I file for government help. You know what I did??? I did without!!! If I didn't have the money I did without.I lived on what little money I made. Why do all these young people feel like they are entitled to free money?? Live on your income. You might not get the phone with internet or eat out or have what other hard working couples have and that is okay. You are living on what you earn without taking the tax payers money. There is only a small percentage of people who really need help and lazy people who won't work are not in that percentage.
well good for you. Also I have worked since I was 15 and worked full time while in high school. I am almost 30. I have paid in aloooooooooooot of taxes. I am doing what I need to do give my child a great life. This is why help is availble. Not everyone abuses the system. If you didnt need help then good for you, but I'm in school and can use all the help I can get, Ive paid taxes and deserve what I get.U aint paying for my help. I am
once again

Richmond, KY

#23 Nov 23, 2012
If some one is working 50 hours a week do you actually qualify for help?
I am just curious as to how one that works can receive any help I work have two kids and they will not help with anything for me. The only thing I qualify for is free lunch
Mrs Frosty

Georgetown, KY

#24 Nov 23, 2012
Im married. My husband works full time and I work part time and go to school. Sometimes even if you dont have kids its hard to stretch money to make it last on things you NEED. We have never been on any kind of government assistance. Never tried to get any help. I can imagine it would be hard caring for 4 children. If you actually need the help and are trying to better yourself I see no problem with it. BUT i know a lot of low lives who scam the system and get tons of money in food stamps(and sale them for drugs and let their kids starve) and everything else. These people CAN work but choose not to.Being a dope head is NOT a disability. It makes me sick and sad. The people that really need it are the families with children, the elderly, and the mentally disabled. I work with people who are severely mentally disabled. These people are pitiful and have no one ........nothing else to rely on. They have NO other option than to live off this money. If it wasnt there where would they be?
birdman

Winchester, KY

#25 Nov 23, 2012
If these people put as much effort into finding a job or just doing without IPHONES as they did lookin for handouts,we would all be better off.I agree some people need help for a while but not for generations at a time.How does people with gov.assistance have internet access 24 7?
ilaydapipe

United States

#26 Nov 24, 2012
well wrote:
<quoted text>Older people have a very different work ethic and sense of entitlement than this generation does.
I'm 27 and I'll work circles around your generation. Canes and diapers don't scare me none!
Ummm yea

United States

#27 Nov 24, 2012
Where oh where are all these great jobs that you guys expect everybody to have? My daughter has been trying to get a job for over 6 months and can't even get called in for an interview! It takes almost a whole paycheck just to pay one utility bill!! No wonder ppl are needing help, this world ain't like it was 20 years ago!!
Dharma

Winchester, KY

#28 Nov 24, 2012
@Ummm yeah. Great point! This world is different than it was in the "good ole days." It's time for people to stop trying to bring them back and start figuring out what it takes to live in today's world.
well

Louisville, KY

#29 Nov 24, 2012
Ummm yea wrote:
Where oh where are all these great jobs that you guys expect everybody to have? My daughter has been trying to get a job for over 6 months and can't even get called in for an interview! It takes almost a whole paycheck just to pay one utility bill!! No wonder ppl are needing help, this world ain't like it was 20 years ago!!
Did she go to school? What is she looking for?
well

Louisville, KY

#30 Nov 24, 2012
Dharma wrote:
@Ummm yeah. Great point! This world is different than it was in the "good ole days." It's time for people to stop trying to bring them back and start figuring out what it takes to live in today's world.
Agree. This world has been filled up and drug down with people who won't work except for a pill and it will never be the same.
Tom

Winchester, KY

#31 Nov 24, 2012
Maybe one should not start a family at age 15 and then you would not need help.And to stfu STFU!
Dharma

Winchester, KY

#32 Nov 24, 2012
@Well. That is true but I think there are just as many conscientious, hard working people who care. I taught my children to always look for the good people are doing when they feel down. Last year we celebrated the people who paid off other people's lay aways.
Huh

Winchester, KY

#33 Nov 24, 2012
You teach your children to borrow money from working people when they arre down?? You celebrated because someone paid off your layaway???? We are in trouble if this is what parents are teaching their children...
ummm yea

United States

#34 Nov 24, 2012
well wrote:
<quoted text>Did she go to school? What is she looking for?
She's still in college she's applied to Walmart, Kroger, everywhere she's got a 4.0 very smart girl with a good head on her shoulders, no kids, still lives at home & can't get even an interview. I don't draw assistance, no one in my house does but I know how hard it is with 2 working parents in the home, I can't imagine being a single parent, I don't know how any single parent does it.
Dharma

Winchester, KY

#35 Nov 24, 2012
I am referring to the fact that last year people started randomly paying off strangers lay aways, as an act of goodness. At no point in my post did I say we celebrated somebody paying off a lay away for me. I didn't have one to pay off. Yes we did take the time to be happy when we heard or read the news stories...because they showed goodness and kindness in the world.
john wayne

Winchester, KY

#36 Nov 24, 2012
ilaydapipe wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm 27 and I'll work circles around your generation. Canes and diapers don't scare me none!
you couldnt or could never carry me ice water lol!!!!!
yukk62

Macon, GA

#37 Nov 27, 2012
birdman wrote:
If these people put as much effort into finding a job or just doing without IPHONES as they did lookin for handouts,we would all be better off.I agree some people need help for a while but not for generations at a time.How does people with gov.assistance have internet access 24 7?
none of them will answer you because their internet life comes before family or work
I know

Louisville, KY

#38 Dec 6, 2012
Every retard that gets on these programs are drugged out losers who quit school in the 7th or 8th grade. When I go into there free apartments and see the 55 inch LED on the wall I know that these leaches have there priorities in line. And they report that there money is stolen every month from there EBT cards that they call credit cards and why in the F do there morons give there PIN numbers to all there loser friends and family. All the leaches should be crushed, they made there choice to be a f ing loser and I pay for them, if someone is sick or hurt or have any type of medical issue that is not drug related that it is our responsibility to assist those people. I can't stand the lazy drug dealing leaches who get money from the working class. Bit it's ok because I'm smart with my money and love to hear about all the druggies when they overdose.
albert

Los Angeles, CA

#39 Jun 15, 2013
hi im a single dad taking care of my two daughters and my mom is disabled and im spending everything for her needs am i eligible to get financial aid from section 8..thank you
ufo

Winchester, KY

#40 Jun 16, 2013
albert wrote:
hi im a single dad taking care of my two daughters and my mom is disabled and im spending everything for her needs am i eligible to get financial aid from section 8..thank you
financial aid does not come from section 8. people who are in college receive financial aid. sorry, but no, section 8 will not help with anything but housing. hope this answers your question.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Winchester Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Black folks 3 hr white 12
gerald lee andrews 4 hr Meeee 10
Golden corral 6 hr Cooking at home 11
Possibilities Unlimited (Jan '15) 7 hr WTF 11
Add a Word-Drop a Word (May '10) 9 hr Doug77 2,990
Tax return direct deposit how long does it u... (Feb '13) 9 hr Teresa Layne 48
News Bible study rules for public schools proposed (Feb '10) 10 hr old man 172,932

Winchester Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Winchester Mortgages