amazon interview calls
help

United States

#61 Jun 25, 2012
I have an interview tomorrow and have no clue where its at!!
lol

Lexington, KY

#62 Jun 25, 2012
Check the email you received or read back through these posts.
Help

Martin, KY

#63 Jun 25, 2012
Does anyone have a number I can reach Amazon at? I am having trouble accessing my online tests and accidentally deleted the email... Thanks so much....
anonamouse

Winchester, KY

#64 Jun 25, 2012
I finished the online test after about 40 mins and have an interview set up for the 28th. I am nervous.

Has anyone on here actually had an interview in person yet? If so. What was it like.
woo

United States

#65 Jun 25, 2012
1400 fortune drive Winchester ky. It's the Clark County Extension Office. It's in industrial park
caller

Irvine, KY

#66 Jun 26, 2012
Interviewed this afternoon. Pretty informal, laid back. Don't overdress. The interviewers are in tees and jeans. Be prepared for basic situational and experience questions. And you give your consent that you will not miss work during the mandatory three week orientation/training.

They have you fill out a background check prior to the interview which will be back in a week or two. At that point, they will make offers and the job starts mid-August.

Best of luck, all.
TheSignal

Winchester, KY

#67 Jun 26, 2012
caller wrote:
Interviewed this afternoon. Pretty informal, laid back. Don't overdress. The interviewers are in tees and jeans. Be prepared for basic situational and experience questions. And you give your consent that you will not miss work during the mandatory three week orientation/training.
They have you fill out a background check prior to the interview which will be back in a week or two. At that point, they will make offers and the job starts mid-August.
Best of luck, all.
So no drug test?
caller

Irvine, KY

#68 Jun 26, 2012
...not during the interview.
got mine

West Liberty, KY

#69 Jun 26, 2012
caller wrote:
Interviewed this afternoon. Pretty informal, laid back. Don't overdress. The interviewers are in tees and jeans. Be prepared for basic situational and experience questions. And you give your consent that you will not miss work during the mandatory three week orientation/training.
They have you fill out a background check prior to the interview which will be back in a week or two. At that point, they will make offers and the job starts mid-August.
Best of luck, all.
I don't remember filling out any form for the not missing during training. I did fill out the back ground check. I felt a lot of the people they interviewed was to laid back. I don't think dirty old jeans and t shirts apporiate dress for an interview. Even for a company as laid back as that one. Or capri's and socks and tennis shoes.
THe staff was really friendly and helpful today. I interviewed with the main man over the winchester site. It took about 45 minutes total. I felt like the questions where not that well thought out. By that I don't feel like they give the person interviewing you a good idea of what you can or cannot do.
I hope to get the job. I also hope to be able to work from home once they offer this, which I was told they would once they got moved to the permenant office building. I was also told that winchester is looking to build it across the road from BCTC and that would be great as it is near the interstate and close to everything else on the by pass.
Megan

Lexington, KY

#70 Jun 26, 2012
The location is on the BCTC campus in Winchester, correct?
Help

Martin, KY

#71 Jun 26, 2012
lol wrote:
Check the email you received or read back through these posts.
there is no phone number in the older posts and i accidentally deleted the email.... thats why i was asking if anyone had the number....
GotAnInterview

Winchester, KY

#72 Jun 27, 2012
Help wrote:
<quoted text>
there is no phone number in the older posts and i accidentally deleted the email.... thats why i was asking if anyone had the number....
Here is the email to contact them to reschedule [email protected] Hope that helps.
caller

Irvine, KY

#73 Jun 27, 2012
got mine wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't remember filling out any form for the not missing during training. I did fill out the back ground check. I felt a lot of the people they interviewed was to laid back. I don't think dirty old jeans and t shirts apporiate dress for an interview. Even for a company as laid back as that one. Or capri's and socks and tennis shoes.
THe staff was really friendly and helpful today. I interviewed with the main man over the winchester site. It took about 45 minutes total. I felt like the questions where not that well thought out. By that I don't feel like they give the person interviewing you a good idea of what you can or cannot do.
I hope to get the job. I also hope to be able to work from home once they offer this, which I was told they would once they got moved to the permenant office building. I was also told that winchester is looking to build it across the road from BCTC and that would be great as it is near the interstate and close to everything else on the by pass.
The training question was at the end of my interview - not on a form. The interviewer was just like "And before you go, I just have to make sure you consent to..." and explained the importance of not missing training and why we can't miss it. Of course, I had no issue with this and told him of course.
I kind of agree that the questions were pretty basic and not too in depth on you as a person but that is pretty typical in mass hiring. When they are hiring such a large number of people, the HR people will simply be referencing his notes against your resume. I wouldnt be too worried about that part.
got mine

West Liberty, KY

#74 Jun 27, 2012
caller wrote:
<quoted text>
The training question was at the end of my interview - not on a form. The interviewer was just like "And before you go, I just have to make sure you consent to..." and explained the importance of not missing training and why we can't miss it. Of course, I had no issue with this and told him of course.
I kind of agree that the questions were pretty basic and not too in depth on you as a person but that is pretty typical in mass hiring. When they are hiring such a large number of people, the HR people will simply be referencing his notes against your resume. I wouldnt be too worried about that part.
The main man didn't say anything to me about not missing during training. I did however tell him that every job I had left, they had to pay me for vacation days and that I had accrued a lot of sick time toward retirement.
I am going to take this as meaning they are not interested in anyone over about thirty. I am in my late 40's and a woman. Two strikes already. I hate to be discriminated against just because I am older and a woman. I have a lot to offer this place in my life and work experience. But like I always say, thier loss will be someone else's gain.
Nic

Winchester, KY

#75 Jun 28, 2012
How much are they going to Pay??

Since: May 12

Location hidden

#76 Jun 28, 2012
anonamouse wrote:
I finished the online test after about 40 mins and have an interview set up for the 28th. I am nervous.
Has anyone on here actually had an interview in person yet? If so. What was it like.
Good luck!
got mine

West Liberty, KY

#78 Jul 2, 2012
Has anyone heard anything from thier interviews yet? I was told we should hear something by this week and no later than next week. If you hear something please post how you heard and what the results where. Email, phone etc...
GotAnInterview

Winchester, KY

#79 Jul 2, 2012
Nothing here yet, but I was told they would be in touch either way. I also heard a couple weeks at the latest.
got mine

West Liberty, KY

#80 Jul 2, 2012
GotAnInterview wrote:
Nothing here yet, but I was told they would be in touch either way. I also heard a couple weeks at the latest.
Same here. I am anxious. I haven't been able to find a decent job in two years. I am really wanting to this job. I was laid off July 3rd 2010. It has been hard to find anything at all where I live because they all say I am to educated for a min wage job. And there isn't anything else. Plus factories are not hiring either. I am just so thankful we had the sense to prepare for this. If my husband and I hadn't been aware of the fact I would more than likely loose my job when I did we would be in the same boat as a lot of others. It hasn't been easy by a long shot. But we have and will continue to survive.
Just Wondering

Winchester, KY

#81 Jul 2, 2012
Did anyone else get a small sliver of pink paper with a website link given to them at the time of the interview? Not sure what that was for as it wasn't fully explained.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Winchester Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Debbie Neal 28 min WhatHappened2GRC 4
three rats 38 min WhatHappened2GRC 3
News Bible study rules for public schools proposed (Feb '10) 2 hr uMoron 143,061
drop some nukes 2 hr Unbelievable 17
Show It 6 hr mam man luv 27
Anyone know anything about Mike Trent my friend... 6 hr Gonnafindout 1
Edison Court 7 hr looking to rent 2
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Winchester Mortgages