concerned customer

Mount Washington, KY

#1 Apr 24, 2012
Went to Burke's outlet in Winchester for the first time today and I was NOT impressed at all. It's a bunch of cheap clothing with holes in them that look like they are from 5 yrs ago. And the people that work there were just trashy looking. I noticed a heavy set girl and a guy walking around talk crap about another employee right in front of me like they didn't even care and every where he went she followed right behind. It seemed a little odd too me. The home and bath dept looked like junk and was really disorganized and just plain messy looking. And half there shoes looked like they had been worn before. The only good thing I could say is they had nice looking jewelry and handbags but the bags were priced ok high. Probably won't go in much. Nice try though Winchester. A+ for effect
to be honest

West Liberty, KY

#2 Apr 25, 2012
To be honest I have been in there several times and I haven't been pleased with the clothes or shoes. I have been in the one in Mount Sterling, and Corbin. Both are better. I actually found a really nice two piece interview outfit for 25.00 at the mount sterling location a few weeks ago.
It seems that the winchester location don't carry many plus size clothes, by that I mean 20w and bigger. The one in Mount Sterling and COrbin carry a good selection of both.
I have never been pleased with thier dress shoes in any location. It seems all they want to carry are what I call hooker shoes or those ugly platforms that teens want to wear. What ever happened to shoes with sensible looking heels for the middle and older aged woman? I am talking about heels about 1 to 2 inches high that are not looking like little match sticks that will break the first time you wear them.
geez

Tishomingo, MS

#3 Apr 25, 2012
They haven't been open that long. Give them a chance. I also went to the one in MT.Sterling and the lady at the register and myself were talking about this one opening up and she was telling me that they never know what they are getting. She said you may go today and find nothing and go two days from now and find everything. Idk where it comes from or whatever. But give them a chance maybe once they get settled they will do better.
Well

Richmond, KY

#4 Apr 25, 2012
I love this store. I think its a great addition to Winchester. Gives us somewhere to shop for nice cheap clothing. Must of the things dont have anything wrong with them, just labeled wrong or in the wrong package. Nothing wrong with the item itself.

It is a great place for dress clothing.

The employees where respectful the times ive been in.

The only thing I would suggest is getting more shoes in different sizes.
Overall I think it is 4/5 stars.
went there

Winchester, KY

#5 Apr 25, 2012
The clothing dept. looks alot like the goodwill store. That was my first thought when I saw this area. It needs to have some type of seperation instead of straight lines of clothes. Too plain.
to be honest

West Liberty, KY

#6 Apr 25, 2012
As with all outlet stores you have to be careful when you buy clothes., You need to look them over good and make sure the quality is worth the money. I have bought one pj outfit there that was a mistake. It ripped the first time I wore it. I have brought several other outfits there and they ae great. I have been pleased. They are true to size and the quality has been nice.
There isn't anyplace in winchester that really and truely carries a good selection of plus size clothes. Mount sterling stores have more in that line and that is usually the first place I go if I need something.
Burke's does have good tennis shoes. I have seen several different brands and colors. THe price have been real reasonable. More reasonable than even j c penny with a 20 percent off coupon.
LIZ TAYLOR

Lexington, KY

#7 Apr 25, 2012
concerned customer wrote:
Went to Burke's outlet in Winchester for the first time today and I was NOT impressed at all. It's a bunch of cheap clothing with holes in them that look like they are from 5 yrs ago. And the people that work there were just trashy looking. I noticed a heavy set girl and a guy walking around talk crap about another employee right in front of me like they didn't even care and every where he went she followed right behind. It seemed a little odd too me. The home and bath dept looked like junk and was really disorganized and just plain messy looking. And half there shoes looked like they had been worn before. The only good thing I could say is they had nice looking jewelry and handbags but the bags were priced ok high. Probably won't go in much. Nice try though Winchester. A+ for effect
DEAR CUSTOMER,,, I have shopped at BURLINGTON, GORDMANS, KOHLS, JC PENNYS, SEARS, TARGETS, they all have clothes just like the clothing at BURKES. MARSHALLS has the WORST of all. So you might want to stay in Lexington and shop if all you can do is come to winchester and start a topic to down grade our town . LEXINGTON is not that GREAT. Listen to your news, all you here is robberys and killing every morning, at least its safe here in winchester. OH YES! You want to talk HOLES in clothes Ms perfect, please go to your GABRIEL BROTHERS and try to buy some thing. HONEY, i shop in Lexington probally more than you do. All my Doctors are there. Im there at least 2 to 3 times a week shopping. I know all clothes in your town. You have more TRASHY stores than we ever thought about. The ONLY nice LADIES clothing store in Lexington is THE DRESS BARN. Now thats my shopping store for dress clothes.
honestly

Campton, KY

#8 Apr 25, 2012
I very much don't like the dress barn. First, they are extremely high priced. Out of my working man's reach. Secondly, plus size white women do not look good in loud prints. I have been in the dress barn several times both in lexington and richmond. I do not like them. I can't afford them on my wages.
Most of my stuff comes from yard sales and other places that put on sales. I do occassionally find something at the fashion bug or cato's in Hazard when I go. It is always on thier discount rack. Otherwise I can't afford it. I don't think I have found anything at the winchester cato's in a long time. The best place to buy plus size women's dress pants is J C Penny. You will pay a high price even on sale, but it is worth every penny you pay. I have several pairs that are three years old and still look brand new.
But then I really haven't had the need for clothes as I am not working right now. I hope to be back to work by the 15th and if I do, I will be looking for bargains again as I need things.
love bargins

London, KY

#9 Apr 26, 2012
it nice to have a choice without going to Lexington. I went there on Friday and got a a nice bathing suit, beach towel, flip flops, beach bag, and a nice nike golf top and shorts for under $75 dollars plus I save 15% every Friday because i have their discount card. I love it, Bring it On!
concerned customer

Mount Washington, KY

#10 Apr 26, 2012
LIZ TAYLOR wrote:
<quoted text>DEAR CUSTOMER,,, I have shopped at BURLINGTON, GORDMANS, KOHLS, JC PENNYS, SEARS, TARGETS, they all have clothes just like the clothing at BURKES. MARSHALLS has the WORST of all. So you might want to stay in Lexington and shop if all you can do is come to winchester and start a topic to down grade our town . LEXINGTON is not that GREAT. Listen to your news, all you here is robberys and killing every morning, at least its safe here in winchester. OH YES! You want to talk HOLES in clothes Ms perfect, please go to your GABRIEL BROTHERS and try to buy some thing. HONEY, i shop in Lexington probally more than you do. All my Doctors are there. Im there at least 2 to 3 times a week shopping. I know all clothes in your town. You have more TRASHY stores than we ever thought about. The ONLY nice LADIES clothing store in Lexington is THE DRESS BARN. Now thats my shopping store for dress clothes.
sounds like you need a lot of doctors crazy ass
minibikini

Richmond, KY

#11 Apr 26, 2012
LIZ TAYLOR wrote:
<quoted text> DEAR CUSTOMER,,, I have shopped at BURLINGTON, GORDMANS, KOHLS, JC PENNYS, SEARS, TARGETS, they all have clothes just like the clothing at BURKES. MARSHALLS has the WORST of all. So you might want to stay in Lexington and shop if all you can do is come to winchester and start a topic to down grade our town . LEXINGTON is not that GREAT. Listen to your news, all you here is robberys and killing every morning, at least its safe here in winchester. OH YES! You want to talk HOLES in clothes Ms perfect, please go to your GABRIEL BROTHERS and try to buy some thing. HONEY, i shop in Lexington probally more than you do. All my Doctors are there. Im there at least 2 to 3 times a week shopping. I know all clothes in your town. You have more TRASHY stores than we ever thought about. The ONLY nice LADIES clothing store in Lexington is THE DRESS BARN. Now thats my shopping store for dress clothes.
When you can afford to shop at Macy's and Dillard, you will see great clothes. If target is your idea of shopping you need to save some money up and head to lex to shop!
reba

Winchester, KY

#12 Aug 5, 2013
well why don't you all go somewhere else if you don't like something. I love this store, beall's in florida too! it is an outlet store, hello.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Winchester Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Bible study rules for public schools proposed (Feb '10) 4 min ChromiuMan 149,578
What happened to Summer Was Good post? 1 hr Unknown 2
Cory Todd Price 8 hr Been a long time 1
Byron Blythe (Mar '10) 10 hr leebrotzge 29
Winchester Kroger 12 hr SHOPPER 1
Squatty for Judge Exec 12 hr sick of it 5
Dee Morton 13 hr Terms is Service 1

Winchester Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Winchester Mortgages