Who do you think won the debate?

Posted in the Winchester Forum

First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Since: Jun 12

Location hidden

#1 Oct 3, 2012
Who do you think won the debate?
Bofa

Morehead, KY

#2 Oct 3, 2012
Miss E Font wrote:
Who do you think won the debate?
Bofa
chick

United States

#3 Oct 3, 2012
Romney
Greg

Pikeville, KY

#4 Oct 3, 2012
Obama

Since: Sep 12

Location hidden

#5 Oct 3, 2012
Who's dumb enough to think it will influence the outcome of the election?
KYOrginal

Winchester, KY

#6 Oct 3, 2012
Romney won that one!

Since: May 12

Location hidden

#7 Oct 3, 2012
Slight nod to Romney. Wasn't really much of a game changer for either of them. I also think that those who are for one or the other likely won't change their vote at this point. The $716B question is - how did the undecideds view it?

Since: Jun 12

Location hidden

#8 Oct 3, 2012
What was up with Obama looking down at the podium when Romney was speaking? He looked like he was asleep

Since: May 12

Location hidden

#9 Oct 3, 2012
Miss E Font wrote:
What was up with Obama looking down at the podium when Romney was speaking? He looked like he was asleep
I almost viewed it as disrespectful to Romney. It was almost like he was saying "yeah, yeah..." It was eerily similar to a 2004 debate between Bush and Kerry, where Kerry went on the offensive, and Bush, who was weary from widespread criticism over a number of fronts, seemed like he didn't want to be challenged.

The next debate - if Obama wants to win this election he's going to have to come out with both guns a'blazing. Why didn't he mention the 47% video that was damaging to the Romney campaign?
tgifootballseaso n

Lexington, KY

#10 Oct 4, 2012
OLF, honestly, I thought the little smirk Romney never lost was disrespectful to Obama! I did think Obama's energy level was lacking, but I suspect that running the country, a family and a campaign is tiring.
What I did notice was that Romney was very well rehearsed. I noticed it most when the moderator tried to ask a direct question and Romney didn't leave his script to answer it - several times.
But my family has always been best off under a Democratic administration, so I'm biased. With as close as we came to a full depression, I'm worried about the Republican party taking control again and starting back up where Bush left off.

Since: May 12

Location hidden

#11 Oct 4, 2012
tgifootballseason wrote:
OLF, honestly, I thought the little smirk Romney never lost was disrespectful to Obama! I did think Obama's energy level was lacking, but I suspect that running the country, a family and a campaign is tiring.
What I did notice was that Romney was very well rehearsed. I noticed it most when the moderator tried to ask a direct question and Romney didn't leave his script to answer it - several times.
But my family has always been best off under a Democratic administration, so I'm biased. With as close as we came to a full depression, I'm worried about the Republican party taking control again and starting back up where Bush left off.
I actually found his smirk unsettling. I grew up in a Democratic household (in California, no less), but over time, I've become more conservative in my views. Doesn't mean I vote straight ticket (actually voted for Obama in '08) though - quite honestly, that should be banned, IMHO because it promotes lazy thinking when voting. I know I'm being idealistic when I say this, but it's what's best for the country (or state, city, county, etc...), not necessarily what political party the candidate is.

It'll be interesting to see in the coming days after the fact checkers have their say on just how much Romney won with that debate. On the surface, I think Obama's lead in the Rasmussen poll will vanish, but that's going to depend on the undecideds and how they view all of this. Romney was definitely better prepared than Obama was. We may see a different story in the next debate.

Since: May 12

Location hidden

#12 Oct 4, 2012
I need to rephrase that, as I didn't state that very well - the option to vote straight ticket on a ballot should be dropped.
tgifootballseaso n

Lexington, KY

#13 Oct 4, 2012
Outta left field wrote:
I need to rephrase that, as I didn't state that very well - the option to vote straight ticket on a ballot should be dropped.
I got that, and agree. Yes, the next debate will be interesting. I've done too much public speaking to not realize that the debates are simply eloquent bs for the most part. They're so canned and sometimes it comes down to who has the most time to rehearse their skit. Last night, it was definitely Romney. I'd like to see a real, spontaneous discussion. Our next president won't have the luxury of spending weeks preparing!
I did have to chuckle at Romney's plans for his first day after being elected, though. I suspect he has no more idea what he's getting into than Obama did 4 years ago and will grey just as much if elected.

Since: May 12

Location hidden

#14 Oct 4, 2012
tgifootballseason wrote:
<quoted text>
I got that, and agree. Yes, the next debate will be interesting. I've done too much public speaking to not realize that the debates are simply eloquent bs for the most part. They're so canned and sometimes it comes down to who has the most time to rehearse their skit. Last night, it was definitely Romney. I'd like to see a real, spontaneous discussion. Our next president won't have the luxury of spending weeks preparing!
I did have to chuckle at Romney's plans for his first day after being elected, though. I suspect he has no more idea what he's getting into than Obama did 4 years ago and will grey just as much if elected.
I'm of the belief that the vast majority of the campaign promises go unfulfilled, usually because of the checks and balances in our system to keep the President from running rough shod when elected. I also think that the President gets too much blame when things go wrong, and too much credit when things go right - too much outside of their control for them to ever take full credit or responsibility. Plus often, the full effect of an administration's decisions may not be felt until years afterwards.

As for the hair color impact from the rigors of the job, you'd think Just For Men would use the upcoming election as a way to promote their product, especially since their appearance is a factor in garnering votes:

"There'll be no play, for Mr. Gray!"

That all changed with the first televised debate (Kennedy-Nixon) in 1960.

Since: May 12

Location hidden

#15 Oct 4, 2012
tgifootballseason wrote:
<quoted text>

I did have to chuckle at Romney's plans for his first day after being elected, though. I suspect he has no more idea what he's getting into than Obama did 4 years ago and will grey just as much if elected.
Probably not. But really, how many have, even if they received advice from their predecessor?

Not for me, thank you. I'm not thick skinned enough. haha.

Since: Jun 12

Location hidden

#16 Oct 4, 2012
Romney has that TV evangelist look

Since: May 12

Location hidden

#17 Oct 4, 2012
Miss E Font wrote:
Romney has that TV evangelist look
If Mormons had televangelists, that's how I'd picture them, no doubt.

"For your $20 donation, you too, can receive a copy of The Book of Mormon....AND A JOSEPH SMITH ACTION FIGURE!! Call now! Operators are waiting!"
tgifootballseaso n

Lexington, KY

#18 Oct 4, 2012
Miss E Font wrote:
Romney has that TV evangelist look
He kind of does. But at least he wasn't orange this time!
tgifootballseaso n

Lexington, KY

#19 Oct 4, 2012
Outta left field wrote:
<quoted text> Probably not. But really, how many have, even if they received advice from their predecessor?
Not for me, thank you. I'm not thick skinned enough. haha.
None of them have. Every one of them challenges the incumbent with taunts about their failed campaign promises, while making every bound-to-be-broken promise they can to get elected!
I don't like politics. I would very much like some security for those of us hoping to relax in retirement and for our kids/grandkids!
old fart

United States

#20 Oct 5, 2012
Obama hasn't been running this country, Hillary been doing his job. He was in Vegas for 3 days spending tax - payers money for his anniversary. An still got in 2 rounds of golf

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Winchester Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
cheap prostitutes 1 hr jeebs 29
Where all the black chicks in winchester 4 hr Man 1
News Bible study rules for public schools proposed (Feb '10) 4 hr Perfect storm 136,111
Females for chat 5 hr Man 1
looking for Chris and Christy Poe 5 hr can anyone help p... 1
Tree Fort (Jun '14) 7 hr Figarooo 1,365
strippers 9 hr questions 1
More from around the web

Winchester People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]