wmu customer

Winchester, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 3, 2010

anyone see the article in the Sun last night, someone describing Mike Flynn should be the GM at WMU? thoughts?
Ray

Newark, NJ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 3, 2010

now is he that boy from lost creek
Resident

Lexington, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 3, 2010

I think it is crazy that people are backing ANYBODY from within WMU. Even Kenny Book wrote in and said that he thought Mike Flynn ought to be the new GM. WTF? Why would we want to promote from within when they (Mr. Flynn) were brought up in the broken system? Doesn't Mr. Book realize that he does not know any other way to do things at WMU other than the way he was taught? It is the same old Good-Old-Boy system and Kenny Book doesn't want to do anything to change it. Rediculous. What happens when somebody from OUTSIDE WMU applies and they have the same qualifications as Mr. Flynn? Are we still going to go with Mr. Flynn because he is a WMU employee? What happens if that person does not require the salary that it would take to hire Mr. Flynn in that position? If a qualified candidate submitted his resume and was only asking for $90,000 a year and Mr. Flynn makes $100,000 a year now (overtime and such, how can ANYBODY say that we ought to hire Mr. Flynn? And according to Mr. Book, all the WMU General Manager needs to know how to do is to "treat people right." Well Hell, I know how to do that, can I apply? I woudl do that for $70,000 a year! I can't believe some people are so short-sighted and ignorant to be stating these things and then to do it in a public forum is just dumb. At least the other city commissioners know what is good for the city. At least they have shown that so far, but I guess we shall see when the new GM is announce. If it is Mike Flynn, the citizens of this town ought to raise 7 kinds of hell.
Resident

Lexington, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 3, 2010

Also, can anybody tell me how much WMU pays these guys to sit in a truck all day and read trhe paper? Just Curious. And, has anybody asked Martek how WMU treated them? I bet they haven't. If they had, they probably would have been told that the reason Martek is pretty much shut down it's Winchester aperations is because of WMU. I WISH kentucky american water would buy WMU so we didn't have to put up with such an inept bunch.
Resident

Lexington, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 3, 2010

Flynn is the right man for WMU manager

To the editor:

I was the one city commissioner that said all along that WMU needed to promote Mike Flynn to general manager.

We donít need to hire an outsider to do the job when we have a person in-house that can do it.

One doesnít have to have an engineering degree to manage WMU. He just has to know how to treat people right.

Mike is an engineer tech. WMU can contract out engineering services when they need to do them. The city contracts with several firms.

WMU can save money that way and use the money for other things, like raises for the other employees. I have told the WMU commissioners that.

They are wasting money hiring a consulting firm and running ads in the newspaper.

Kenny Book

City Commissioner

Winchester

Really? Kenny Book wants us, the citizens of Winchester, to believe that a person without a college degree can manage a multi-million dollar company (that is what WMU is). I am sure it can be done, but do we really want to go that route? At that salary? I have a cousin that is an Engineering Tech and he is an IDIOT! I am not saying Mike Flynn is an idiot, but it obviously doesn't take much to become an Eng. Tech.
jester

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 3, 2010

Resident wrote:
Also, can anybody tell me how much WMU pays these guys to sit in a truck all day and read trhe paper? Just Curious. And, has anybody asked Martek how WMU treated them? I bet they haven't. If they had, they probably would have been told that the reason Martek is pretty much shut down it's Winchester aperations is because of WMU. I WISH kentucky american water would buy WMU so we didn't have to put up with such an inept bunch.
How WMU treated MARTEK? Are you kidding? Martek is the one that BLEW up the WMU Waste Water Plant by dumping Hexane into the sewer system a few years back!
LOL

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 4, 2010

Resident wrote:
I think it is crazy that people are backing ANYBODY from within WMU. Even Kenny Book wrote in and said that he thought Mike Flynn ought to be the new GM. WTF? Why would we want to promote from within when they (Mr. Flynn) were brought up in the broken system? Doesn't Mr. Book realize that he does not know any other way to do things at WMU other than the way he was taught? It is the same old Good-Old-Boy system and Kenny Book doesn't want to do anything to change it. Rediculous. What happens when somebody from OUTSIDE WMU applies and they have the same qualifications as Mr. Flynn? Are we still going to go with Mr. Flynn because he is a WMU employee? What happens if that person does not require the salary that it would take to hire Mr. Flynn in that position? If a qualified candidate submitted his resume and was only asking for $90,000 a year and Mr. Flynn makes $100,000 a year now (overtime and such, how can ANYBODY say that we ought to hire Mr. Flynn? And according to Mr. Book, all the WMU General Manager needs to know how to do is to "treat people right." Well Hell, I know how to do that, can I apply? I woudl do that for $70,000 a year! I can't believe some people are so short-sighted and ignorant to be stating these things and then to do it in a public forum is just dumb. At least the other city commissioners know what is good for the city. At least they have shown that so far, but I guess we shall see when the new GM is announce. If it is Mike Flynn, the citizens of this town ought to raise 7 kinds of hell.
Dont be jealous I live in this town and maybe you need to get better schooling and a education and you go apply for the position!! Why are you so worried about him hey I'm kin folk why dont you come to my door and raise some hell Id love to fill your ass up with some LEAD!! LOL JUst pay your water bill and shut up ok!! LMAO
Resident

Lexington, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 4, 2010

My point exactly. Sir, you are Mr, Flynn's kin and are on topix threatening to "fill your ass up with lead." Nice. I am sure Mr. Flynn is sooooo excited to have you in the family! I mean with kin folk like this, of course Mr. Flynn would be perfect for the job! I do have an education. I graduated college and have been employed byt he same company for a dozen years. I am doing fine. I will be more than happy to oblige you and come to your door so you can "fill my ass full of lead" if you will jsut be so kind to tell me where you live. You sound awfully tough sitting behind that keyboard. And, no, I will not just "pay my water bill and shut up." If people can't see what is going on here, then they deserve the higher water bills and they deserve to be hoodwinked.
Resident

Lexington, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 4, 2010

jester wrote:
<quoted text>
How WMU treated MARTEK? Are you kidding? Martek is the one that BLEW up the WMU Waste Water Plant by dumping Hexane into the sewer system a few years back!
And they made every effort they could to get that corrected and did. They built a seperater and everythign they needed to make it right and still couldn't get the water company to do anything.
wmu customer

Winchester, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 4, 2010

wow got more responses than expected lol, i never heard of the martek problem till now.
one who knows

Georgetown, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 4, 2010

Judged:

Resident wrote:
<quoted text>
And they made every effort they could to get that corrected and did. They built a seperater and everythign they needed to make it right and still couldn't get the water company to do anything.
It was not WMU responsibility to do anything with Martek, they were the ones illegally dumping chemicals into the sewer system.
Resident

Lexington, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 4, 2010

That is correct. They were duming chemicals into the swere illegally, but they were not aware of the problem and that the levels of hexane they were dumping was as high as it was. Once they had the explosion, they did everythign they could to right the situation and took every precaustion they could to prevent it from happening again. That being said, WMU no longer worked with Martek and Martek took thier operations to South Carolina along with 100 or so GREAT PAYING JOBS!
Resident

Lexington, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 4, 2010

one who knows wrote:
<quoted text>
It was not WMU responsibility to do anything with Martek, they were the ones illegally dumping chemicals into the sewer system.
Yes, it is WMU's responsiblilty to provide Martek with water so they can expand thier operations and perform thier processes so they can PROVIDE JOBS for Winchester. WMU made it impossible for Martek to expand like they wanted and therefore, they moved thier operations to South Carolina.
Resident

Lexington, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 4, 2010

And one more thing. People of this town bitch and moan because there is no stores, places to eat, or entertainment here in Winchester. Has anybody ever tried to work with WMU comercially? They are an absolute joke when it comes to getting water service to a comercial building. It costs contractors twice as much in labor and material to suit WMU and thier "regulations" than it does any other city around here. I am speaking from experience.
wmu customer

Winchester, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 4, 2010

can you expand on that? more so than lexington? are u talking tap on fees expense or more of long the lines of what type of material they spec?
Resident

Lexington, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 4, 2010

No, I can not. If I explained it in more detail, I woudl have to get into the line of work I am in and I stil have to deal with WMU in that regards.
wmu customer

Winchester, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 4, 2010

gothca, that's understandable
Resident

Richmond, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 4, 2010

Mike Flynn is a nice guy but he is NOT even remotely the best candidate for WMU manager. WMU needs an organized communicator with a business background to lead it. Its requires someone who can explain complex issues in understandable terms to the City, its board of directors, employees, customers and the general public. It also requires a good conservative business person to control waste and manage the funds well. We are sick and tired of wasted money at WMU. Engineers are the ones who have wasted the money for years at WMU. Enough! There is at least one other local person that is overqualified for the job and WMU and the City know who it is. Have they contacted him? I bet not. It seems that they are looking for someone that they can control, a yes-man that will perpetuate the status quo. Mike is the perfect guy for that.
jester

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 4, 2010

Resident wrote:
<quoted text>
What if someone was killed in that explosion, because "they didn't know" they were dumping high levels of Hexane into the system? Do you know how many times the gas meter has activated the safety shutoff valve that was intalled since then? And what was "anything" the water company was supposed to do?
Resident

Lexington, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 4, 2010

Just to be fair.. I was the "Resident" who wrote all the other posts other than the one above... but I don't know that I disagree with anything that they said! I see there at a few other "Residents" of this town that have some sense.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

First Prev
of 4
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••
Winchester Dating

more search filters

less search filters

•••

Winchester Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••

Winchester People Search