United States

#1 Dec 3, 2009
who is gonna b there?
curious

Harrodsburg, KY

#2 Dec 3, 2009
CNa wrote:
who is gonna b there?
/where are these classes and how much are they?
CNa

United States

#4 Dec 4, 2009
curious wrote:
<quoted text>
/where are these classes and how much are they?
Bluegrass community and technical college here in Winchester.
Its about $550 for everything.
The class for January is full now. But may be openings for February or march.
Missy K

Winchester, KY

#5 Dec 4, 2009
You can also go through the community education program. Their office is upstairs n the Kentucky Bank building. it is $220 for the class, the book is $60, and the test at the end costs $75. Heather Abner teaches the class, and she is an amazing teacher! I reccommend it to anyone. Im not sure when it actually starts but it is worth it.
Amanda Todd

Phelps, KY

#6 Dec 10, 2009
anyone interested in buying the textbook? I have it and the skills dvd/dvd rom....$25..you can order the workbook extra from any campus store or ebay..I think it is $10

[email protected]
Missy K

Winchester, KY

#7 Dec 12, 2009
if you are taking the class with Heather Abner she doesn't require that you do the workbook pages. They are optional to help you learn better. I did like 5 of mine then quit... I too have the book and DVD for sale. You can have my workbook if you like, as i said i did about 5 of the chapters. Just email me at [email protected] if you are interested.
Just Wondering

Clarksville, TN

#8 Dec 12, 2009
Do they offer any kind of aid for these classes if you can't afford to pay? I would really love to become a CNA.
Amanda Todd

Phelps, KY

#9 Dec 12, 2009
I took the class at BCTC and qualified for financial aid..I'm not sure about any other places...

if anyone is interested in my book/dvds...the price is totally negotiable...I need to finish Christmas shopping...lol
sexy1

Winchester, KY

#10 Dec 13, 2009
Amanda Todd, what books do you have? How much are you asking?
Amanda Todd

Phelps, KY

#11 Dec 14, 2009
I have the NAA 100 required textbook and skills dvds $20 OBO and I have the CIT 105 textbook...asking $30 for it
Missy K

Winchester, KY

#12 Dec 22, 2009
I dont think there is any aid you can get for the Community Education Class. sorry. The only money you have to have up front is the 220. The 75 you dont need until the end of the class. and if you buy your book off here you wont have to pay all 60. Hope this helps

Since: May 09

Location hidden

#13 Jan 11, 2010
i would like to gt more info on the cna class
From Paris ky

Georgetown, KY

#14 Feb 17, 2010
Can someone Give me a number for community education program
Brittany

Richmond, KY

#16 Jan 9, 2012
Does anyone know when the Community Education classes start? And can you do Saturday classes?
Amanda

Herndon, VA

#17 Jan 9, 2012
The classes started last week I missed the sign up not sure when the next class will be
ugh

United States

#18 Jan 10, 2012
Do u have to do any kind of math to be a cna. I'm awful at math
nurse

Cincinnati, OH

#19 Jan 10, 2012
ugh wrote:
Do u have to do any kind of math to be a cna. I'm awful at math
nope.
sum

United States

#20 Jan 11, 2012
Do they help u get a job? What kind of plAces can u work at being a cna? What all do u learn how to do?
mommy2-4boys

Winchester, KY

#21 Jan 12, 2012
sum wrote:
Do they help u get a job? What kind of plAces can u work at being a cna? What all do u learn how to do?
hospitals. Nursing homes. Doctors office. It's basically an assistant nurse. Easy job.
nurse

Cincinnati, OH

#22 Jan 13, 2012
cna's assist people with their daily living needs. They bathe, dress, change bedding, comb hair, shave them if needed, etc. They refill water pitchers and help people to and from the bathroom. They take people's temp and blood pressure on schedule, etc.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Winchester Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Chris carroll 2 min Alana 45
News Bible study rules for public schools proposed (Feb '10) 1 hr Paul 163,800
Amazon 3 hr Amnb 1
Drug dealers on Dale Drive... (Nov '09) 9 hr Tim Doolin 21
Little stinkies 10 hr Jagger 1
overdose on Cook avenue yesterday 11 hr codlick 2
Looking 11 hr codlick 2

Winchester Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance