Conkright Middle School Sports

Posted in the Winchester Forum

Randy

Richmond, KY

#1 Nov 5, 2012
How come they have tryouts for Sports when they already know who is on the team. This year one kid didnt even tryout and made the basketball team, but they will say he had a private tryout, which that is not fair either. Some of the kids do deserve to be on the basketball team however others have no business because they were not the better kids trying out and one who made it I have seen play baseball and basketball and has the worst attitude and is a baby on the field, hes also not near as good as he or his parents think he is. Good luck keeping him under control, But if you are not on a travel team or kiss the coaches butt, then your kid hasnt a chance on making any team in Clark Co. ask the one kid who didnt tryout parents what they did to get him on the team, I could mention kids and parents names of the kids who doesnt derserve to be on the team by talent but I wont do that to the kids. I can go ahead and tell you who I think will be on the baseball team. One kid has already made the team next year because they go to his parents house and practice. If it means turning my property into a baseball field and my barns into a batting cage in order to get my child on a team then I think its time Clark Co. re-evaluates the tryout process. I do believe parents should help take care of the fields and work concessions etc. to save money, but I dont believe your child should be judged on what your parents do, who they think they are, what vehicle they drive, Whether you play travel ball or not. I thik it should be based soley on talent.
Parent

Winchester, KY

#2 Nov 6, 2012
Its very odvious that this town doesnt base anythin on talent. Its based on who you are and how much money you thnk you have. I think its funny how people get on these travel teams then go way out of their budget to buy vehicles to fit in and other items. I Love my kids but I refuse to play the game that these travel teams do and offer teams to practice at my property unless they can play in a normal field instead of turning your yard into a ball field. Then to call it a ranch. How funny is that. Look up definition of ranch. Its not a few acres.
Wah

Clay City, KY

#3 Nov 6, 2012
Get better or stay home!
Truth

Georgetown, KY

#4 Nov 6, 2012
I was cast out from sports teams when i was growing up and always felt like the athletes at GRC was held superior over me. But, guess what now i own my own company and these washed up high school athletes come in my business and beg me for credit and discounts. Now, who's superior!!!!
Scott Dawson

Lexington, KY

#6 Nov 7, 2012
Parent wrote:
Its very odvious that this town doesnt base anythin on talent. Its based on who you are and how much money you thnk you have. I think its funny how people get on these travel teams then go way out of their budget to buy vehicles to fit in and other items. I Love my kids but I refuse to play the game that these travel teams do and offer teams to practice at my property unless they can play in a normal field instead of turning your yard into a ball field. Then to call it a ranch. How funny is that. Look up definition of ranch. Its not a few acres.
I have had batting cages and a practice field at my home for several years. Having coached little league for several years it has been easier for me to hold practice there instead of going to town several nights per week and hoping to find a field not being used. Over the years not only have I practiced there but have allowed other teams and individuals to use both the cages and the field. I was approached last year by Conkwright about using the cages which I gladly offered to them however they were located in my old barn which was not in very good condition and not protected from the elements. I was fortunate over the past couple months to upgrade my old barn to the current structure which is not perfect but is better suited for the kids to practice. Now I could be selfish and use it solely for the benefit of my kids or do as I have chose and offer it to Conkwright and others to use for the improvement of as many kids as possible. I am allowing them to use it free of charge and with the understanding that even if my son doesn't make the team they may continue to use it.
Although I know there are those who will always believe things are done with unethical intent, I believe the benefit to the group is worth the negative comments and beliefs of the few..
Selfish

Winchester, KY

#7 Nov 7, 2012
So instead of you driving to town to coach at 4.00 a gal. for gas you would rather your parents and players pay for the long trip to your house. take the risk of an accident happening also. shows its all about you. How come the first year your son trys out is the first year Conkright supposedly asked you to use your cages.
Really

Lexington, KY

#8 Nov 7, 2012
Would all the nah sayers, like a little cheese with your whine????
Truth

Stanton, KY

#9 Nov 7, 2012
how about Clark Middle soccer... all the coaches on the team have kids on the team.. how is that fair at try out time. and guess what they play all the time. why should our school system hire parents of players to coach... Clark Middle basketball tryouts the other night the Coach takes his players from last year and puts them on one side of the court and puts all new players trying out on the other. after a few glances he chooses all his players from last year and sends the others home. Now when the two schools band together, numerous kids will be eliminated from sports.. wonder why we have pill problems in our town everyone will say your just mad because your kid isn't good.. didn't our Super cry over her relative.
Yes

Richmond, KY

#10 Nov 8, 2012
Truth wrote:
how about Clark Middle soccer... all the coaches on the team have kids on the team.. how is that fair at try out time. and guess what they play all the time. why should our school system hire parents of players to coach... Clark Middle basketball tryouts the other night the Coach takes his players from last year and puts them on one side of the court and puts all new players trying out on the other. after a few glances he chooses all his players from last year and sends the others home. Now when the two schools band together, numerous kids will be eliminated from sports.. wonder why we have pill problems in our town everyone will say your just mad because your kid isn't good.. didn't our Super cry over her relative.
Thats why I think there needs to be a change in how they choose teams in sports here in Clark Co. its all who you are or what your parents are willing to do. good point on what will tey do when the schools merge.
WOW

Mount Sterling, KY

#11 Nov 8, 2012
Truth wrote:
The reason we have a pill problem: PARENTS DO NOT TAKE CARE OF THEIR KIDS. End of subject.
I agree

Lexington, KY

#12 Nov 8, 2012
They started a girls volleyball team at Clark Middle this year. The coach said she does not want Conkwright girls on her team. She doesn't like Conkwright and doesn't care if they don't have their own team. This is stupid to say since they will be combining. She spoke very disrespectful to the girls during tryouts, but in front of the parents she was a different person. She was still a snarky smart mouth, but just not as bad. She called some of the girls losers. They conditioned for almost 3 months. Girls showed up every day. They had 2 days of tryouts and if you missed one you could not make it up and would automatically not make the team....regardless if you have been there every day for almost 3 months. She picked girls that were already on other teams at Clark Middle. Some couldn't serve for crap, but they still made it. I really felt for the girls that didn't make it. That is to be with sports, but when someone is obviously better than someone else and the worse athlete makes it that's bad.
Carl

Duluth, GA

#13 Nov 8, 2012
The coach embezzled money and kept his job he can't be trusted
meeeeeeee

Winchester, KY

#14 Nov 9, 2012
my son gose to clark middle and was brought back tuesday to practice after practice him and another boy was told they werent needed. why bring them to practice just to do that to them?
Baseballer

United States

#15 Feb 23, 2013
Selfish wrote:
So instead of you driving to town to coach at 4.00 a gal. for gas you would rather your parents and players pay for the long trip to your house. take the risk of an accident happening also. shows its all about you. How come the first year your son trys out is the first year Conkright supposedly asked you to use your cages.
you know what is funny I know Scott and he is a good man and you are just mad because your son isn't good enough to make it!!!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Winchester Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Bible study rules for public schools proposed (Feb '10) 15 min SistaNoneYa 137,786
GRC needs a new Basketball coach 1 hr Extra 38
old old friend 1 hr concern 4
Winchester Bars 7 hr cockmaster 2
has anybody seen Jennifer Rowland? 9 hr dropped it again 4
shit myself in walmart 11 hr hi 1
Anthony Lykins 11 hr Dabble 4
More from around the web

Winchester People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]