Forgotten Tampon
First Prev
of 4
Next Last
Scared

Anderson, SC

#1 Dec 4, 2010
Has anyone accidentally left a tampon in for over a week? I'm afraid that I have done this. It smells of rotted meat and there is a greenish discharge at times. I've googled it with no good answers. I've also tried to find it and I can't. What should I do?
Michelle

United States

#2 Dec 4, 2010
Perhaps get a life??? Or a more reasonable suggestion: Go see a doctor.
Well hmmm

Tomball, TX

#3 Dec 4, 2010
Scared wrote:
Has anyone accidentally left a tampon in for over a week? I'm afraid that I have done this. It smells of rotted meat and there is a greenish discharge at times. I've googled it with no good answers. I've also tried to find it and I can't. What should I do?
Omg are u stupid or what, all I can say is u must have one big hole to forget & not feel u got a tampon in... Good grief but this is Winchester
mgeil

Manchester, KY

#4 Dec 4, 2010
i wanna suck it out
Seriously

Anderson, SC

#5 Dec 4, 2010
Scared wrote:
Researchers don't know exactly how tampons may cause toxic shock syndrome. Some believe that when superabsorbent tampons are left in place for a long time, the tampons become a breeding ground for bacteria. Others have suggested that the superabsorbent fibers in the tampons can scratch the surface of the vagina, making it possible for bacteria or their toxins to enter the bloodstream.

It's not just young, menstruating women who can develop toxic shock syndrome. About half the current cases occur in nonmenstruating people, including older women, men and children. Toxic shock syndrome has occurred in women who had been wearing a diaphragm or a contraceptive sponge. It's possible for anyone to develop toxic shock syndrome in the course of a staph or strep infection. The syndrome may occur in association with skin wounds or surgery.

Toxic shock syndrome is a rare, life-threatening complication of bacterial infection that has been most often associated with the use of superabsorbent tampons and occasionally with the use of contraceptive sponges.

Often toxic shock syndrome results from toxins produced by Staphylococcus aureus (staph) bacteria, but the condition may also be caused by toxins produced by group A streptococcus (strep) bacteria.

While the syndrome often occurs in menstruating women, it can also affect men, children and postmenopausal women. Other risk factors for toxic shock syndrome include skin wounds and surgery.

Signs and symptoms of toxic shock syndrome develop suddenly, and the disease can be fatal. You can take steps to reduce your risk of toxic shock syndrome.

The signs and symptoms of toxic shock syndrome may include:

* A sudden high fever
* Low blood pressure (hypotension)
* Vomiting or diarrhea
* A rash resembling a sunburn, particularly on your palms and soles — which, after a week or so, generally leads to peeling of the skin on your hands and feet
* Confusion
* Muscle aches
* Redness of your eyes, mouth and throat
* Seizures
* Headaches

There's no one specific test for toxic shock syndrome. You may need to provide blood and urine samples to test for the presence of a staph or strep infection. Samples from your vagina, cervix and throat may be taken for laboratory analysis by using cotton swabs.

When to see a doctor
Call your doctor immediately if you experience the signs or symptoms of toxic shock syndrome. This is especially important if you're menstruating or have just finished menstruating and have been using tampons or if you have a skin or wound infection. Tell your doctor what your symptoms are and how long you've had them.

“Jody”

Since: Apr 09

Location hidden

#6 Dec 5, 2010
It's impossible to "lose" an inserted tampon.

I believe the one who made this thread is playing gross topic games.
Dang

Atlanta, GA

#7 Dec 5, 2010
Dang!
Its real

Anderson, SC

#8 Dec 5, 2010
I am a nurse at a walk-in clinic. We see this at least 2-3 times per month. It happens guys. By all means hon, see your doctor ASAP!
good grief

Winchester, KY

#9 Dec 5, 2010
Michelle wrote:
Perhaps get a life??? Or a more reasonable suggestion: Go see a doctor.
A-fricken-men! What a stupid admission!
really

Anderson, SC

#10 Dec 5, 2010
off the trail wrote:
It's impossible to "lose" an inserted tampon.
I believe the one who made this thread is playing gross topic games.
nothing was said of it being lost. it was left in for a long time and that is how it's possible for women to get toxic shock syndrome. it is serious and can kill you.

“Jody”

Location hidden

#11 Dec 5, 2010
really wrote:
<quoted text>
nothing was said of it being lost. it was left in for a long time and that is how it's possible for women to get toxic shock syndrome. it is serious and can kill you.
Read the last sentence of the first post. Sounds like saying it was lost to me.
However, a person claiming medical experience posted later that this is possible. I'm stunned! Can't understand how one could do such a thing, but I defer to her experience as a nurse. NOT the first time I've been wrong.

I can sure see how toxic shock or death would result.

Thanks you and she for the correction.
really

Anderson, SC

#12 Dec 5, 2010
off the trail wrote:
<quoted text>
However, a person claiming medical experience posted later that this is possible. I'm stunned! Can't understand how one could do such a thing, but I defer to her experience as a nurse. NOT the first time I've been wrong.
ew i didn't understand they looked for it and couldn't find it, they were actually meaning the tampon, i thought they were meaning they couldn't find anything on google. i was wrong too so you are not alone. guess i stopped reading when it got to greenish discharge because i was puking in my mouth at that point and didn't read it again for any clarification about the long lost tampon's location. sorry
New Gyno Tool

Anderson, SC

#13 Dec 5, 2010
off the trail wrote:
<quoted text>
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/images/B000F...

“Jody”

Location hidden

#14 Dec 5, 2010
New Gyno Tool wrote:
LMAO for two minutes. Your sense of humor is as twisted as mine.
Wow

Winchester, KY

#15 Dec 6, 2010
New Gyno Tool wrote:
Sound's like this poor soul is going to need every inch of that new tool to fish that thing out of there! I just wonder if the string rotted off or what.
Need Help

Winchester, KY

#16 Dec 6, 2010
I just threw up in my mouth! If you can't be responsible enough to use a tampon then it's time to switch to diapers lil girl...
yuck

Winchester, KY

#17 Dec 6, 2010
Need Help wrote:
I just threw up in my mouth! If you can't be responsible enough to use a tampon then it's time to switch to diapers lil girl...
Somebody forgot or lost a tampon...it happens. What'a just as gross is that you admitted vomiting in your mouth! Did you swallow it? I am totally grossed out by you, too!
Need Help

Winchester, KY

#18 Dec 6, 2010
yuck wrote:
<quoted text>Somebody forgot or lost a tampon...it happens. What'a just as gross is that you admitted vomiting in your mouth! Did you swallow it? I am totally grossed out by you, too!
It's a saying you idiot! I'm sure you've puked before!!! I'd rather have my throw up in my mouth than a rotten meat smelling tampon up in me hahahah!!!
Lotsa Clots

Anderson, SC

#20 Dec 6, 2010
LMFAO @ Need Help good one too funny!

“Jody”

Location hidden

#21 Dec 6, 2010
yuck wrote:
<quoted text>Somebody forgot or lost a tampon...it happens. What'a just as gross is that you admitted vomiting in your mouth! Did you swallow it? I am totally grossed out by you, too!
Of course we know and you know this was just a modern day expression for gagging, but since you chose to take it literally I'll remind you literally,...
Technically, when one throws up, they MUST throw up in their mouth! How else can one eject stomach contents?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 4
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Winchester Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
martha (Jun '15) 30 min sexxey 33
News Bible study rules for public schools proposed (Feb '10) 1 hr CriminalsForever 149,858
Terell warner 3 hr Tyrone 3
drugs 7 hr local 3
Tonya Caudill (Aug '15) 10 hr Robin 6
Breast Augmentation 14 hr Nicole 1
Jamie S 15 hr The Truth 24

Winchester Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Winchester Mortgages