Ya think we could EveR get Med Pot 2 ...

Ya think we could EveR get Med Pot 2 the Polls

Posted in the Winchester Forum

Lib

Somerset, KY

#1 Sep 3, 2012
http://www.google.com/url...

Legalizing Medical Marijuana can NEVER make it past Frankfort, so we 'have' to get it to the polls! We can do that with 'on line petitions', Someone [shall we say] a little more teck smart, than me could do this. After all we are accustomed to Frankfort not doing a damn thing we want, but Topix alone could put this over the top.

It's time, we should've been 1st.

Since: Jun 12

Location hidden

#3 Sep 3, 2012
Liberal
You are posting in the belt buckle of the bible belt--not likely to pass .
I am NOT a pot smoker but I can tell you there would be nothing worse that could happen to this crop than governmental control.
Lib

Manchester, KY

#4 Sep 4, 2012
Medical use of pot has already been legalized in several states. If Oxie,Perks Xanax, diet pills, and all the other CRAP that people HAVE to take or worst just blow their minds with just because, why on earth would anyone NOT want to legalize pot 'for medical use'. I realize it will be used illegally, just as it is now, just as oxys, perks, xanax, diet pills, and HEY, may as well add liquor and cigarettes. However since tobacco farmers have had to trade their crops for soy beans,[of all things] KY has dried up! No money for the farmers, no big Christmases, some of you will remember back in the day when tobacco was a 'cash crop', and money was a little more liquid.
Why would we let other states work to cultivate and grow what is a natural, for KY? Aren't we being a little self righteous given all the pills, booze and cigarettes we consume. KY has NEVER been known as a 'health state'. lol Don't you know that those who abuse now will abuse then, and those who have no desire, will not change. Isn't that the way with all things? Isn't that the Libertarian way? Do 'you' honestly think that by 'not' growing pot, we will save 'anyone'? lol
Lib

Manchester, KY

#5 Sep 4, 2012
craig wrote:
<quoted text>
pot in general violates federal laws. Even in It were voted to be legalized for medicinal use, it still wouldn't be legal. This probably is over your head being that your such a burnout that you can't start an online Petition.
really 'craig', talk to me. how bout you re-read your post and see which one of us you still think is a 'burn out'..

One more thing,'state's rights', according to the Supreme Court, and NOT involving discrimination.
Pleb

Winchester, KY

#6 Sep 4, 2012
Please contact your local state representatives to support KY SB 129 (Gatewood Galbraith Memorial Medical Marijuana Act).

Senator Perry Clark is working to get Medical Cannabis legalized in Kentucky.

http://www.wkyt.com/wymt/home/headlines/State...
Joe

United States

#7 Sep 4, 2012
Lib wrote:
<quoted text>really 'craig', talk to me. how bout you re-read your post and see which one of us you still think is a 'burn out'..

One more thing,'state's rights', according to the Supreme Court, and NOT involving discrimination.
you should ask all of those dispensary owners in California how their state rights have worked out... I lived in Cali and saw some of the busts first hand. The Feds come in and arrest everyone, including "patients" and confiscate all the crop.
Joe

United States

#8 Sep 4, 2012
Let me add to that, I'm all for legalization. But the attention needs to be turned away from getting states to legalize it and focus on the federal government. Because as long as they say it's illegal, it doesn't matter what the people vote.
Lib

Manchester, KY

#9 Sep 5, 2012
I understand but...California is still selling, and now MI is.

I'm so tired of seeing the elderly, and seems like everybody else, walking around out of their minds. It's like talking to people in a drunken stupor, and I understand they hurt, and need it, but Lord have mercy, they are taking the same meds a cancer patient would take. I grew up in the late 60s and there was 'high'... but it's NOTHING like this 'high'.

I find it hard to believe that some of the elderly, that have barely smoked a cigarette would smoke pot, but maybe it would appeal to the others. They're blowing their minds. Sad.
sarah

Louisville, KY

#10 Sep 5, 2012
The dispensaries also sell edible forms for those who don't want to smoke. Nobody would turn down a brownie that made you hurt less and smile more.
No matter how much I research it and ponder on it, I can't find a reason to not legalize marijuana. If it's the devil, what is (legal) alcohol??
sarah

Louisville, KY

#11 Sep 5, 2012
In answer to the OP question, I believe it will go to the polls and will be legal everywhere eventually, but Kentucky will be one of the last to pass it because, well, we're backward about a lot of things. I'd guess 7-10 years.
Lib

Manchester, KY

#12 Sep 5, 2012
Joe wrote:
Let me add to that, I'm all for legalization. But the attention needs to be turned away from getting states to legalize it and focus on the federal government. Because as long as they say it's illegal, it doesn't matter what the people vote.
I don't think the Feds will ever get into doing anymore than making sure a medicine is safe. I think it will end up kinda like the wet/dry counties with KY have, by that I mean left up to the States. Sometimes you feel like people are living their lives as zombies, and if something like cancer comes along, they'll be immune to the pain killers, it's such heavy duty stuff!
Joe

Winchester, KY

#13 Sep 5, 2012
Lib wrote:
<quoted text>I don't think the Feds will ever get into doing anymore than making sure a medicine is safe. I think it will end up kinda like the wet/dry counties with KY have, by that I mean left up to the States. Sometimes you feel like people are living their lives as zombies, and if something like cancer comes along, they'll be immune to the pain killers, it's such heavy duty stuff!
right. But to get to that point the federal government needs to start recognizing state's rights. However, that's also what the civil war was fought over and no progress has been made since then.
Lib

Manchester, KY

#16 Sep 6, 2012
yes, and that's the problem, ever since the 'war on drugs' pot was labeled as 'recreational'. But now I would think the 'medical community', no wait NOT them, because that would include the 'drug industry' but doctors, could change the purpose..? That shouldn't be anymore than when they re-legalized booze.

I know I keep saying this, but I've n e v e r seen anything like the quality of life most of these folks are living. Who would want to sleep ALL THE TIME?
Lib

Manchester, KY

#17 Sep 6, 2012
tell you what? If work has slowed up for the 'State Congressmen', maybe now they have the time to vote on themselves some 'TERM LIMITS'.

Since: Mar 10

Location hidden

#19 Sep 6, 2012
I know of someone who makes pot butter for baking cookies and brownies. He can't keep up with demand. Many people use this for illness, especially anxiety related issues.
Lib

Manchester, KY

#20 Sep 6, 2012
I just do not understand how all these decisions are made, that are news to us.. Originally important things were fought out at the polls, majority rules. When was the last time we actually made a decision for our state? The lottery? The freaking little 'state congress' should not be able to block our vote, or worst never let it get to the polls. We didn't hire them for that, they need to approve the bills and go home. That was the original structure.
election please be over

Lexington, KY

#21 Sep 6, 2012
Please. Legalize it and make it mandatory for the religious right so we can all catch a break from the anger and hatred.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Winchester Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Jax & Brittany 20 min Billy 30
Jenni the cashier at Rural King 38 min who 3
News Bible study rules for public schools proposed (Feb '10) 1 hr Chalupa Batgirl 167,533
pearl interactive (Aug '13) 1 hr Second chances 20
Heather and Tessa at General Dynamice 2 hr Jeremiah Garrison 8
Anthony Lykins (May '15) 6 hr his friend 27
beside the movies 6 hr the wonderer 1

Winchester Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Winchester Mortgages