Judge overturns California's ban on same-sex marriage

Aug 4, 2010 Full story: www.cnn.com 201,038

A federal judge in California has knocked down the state's voter-approved ban on same-sex marriage, ruling Wednesday that the state's controversial Proposition 8 violates the U.S. Constitution.

Full Story
Mona Lott

Hoboken, NJ

#170327 Dec 8, 2012
Mike DiRucci wrote:
<quoted text>
"Yes, polygamy hurts people because they go to jail for it." Priceless! But how does it hurt you miss thing?
"Yes... I argue against equal rights..." Yes you do, bigot. And you do it very poorly.
And that old Mona gem: "Polygamy is illegal because it's against the law." That's my favorite!
SO Funny!
Post more!
You can laugh all the way to jail.

If you're so gung-ho to marry more than one person, what's stopping you?

“Formerly Frankie Rizzo”

Since: Sep 12

Canarsie, NY

#170328 Dec 8, 2012
Mona Lott wrote:
<quoted text>
You can laugh all the way to jail.
If you're so gung-ho to marry more than one person, what's stopping you?
I'm not. It's just that I support equal rights for everyone including homosexuals and poly.

And of course, bigots like you made polygamy illegal. So you cannot do it. Similar to same sex marriage in most states. You won't go to jail for SSM like you will for poly, but you still cannot do it.

It's very telling that you hate the fact that ssm is not allowed, but you cheer the fact that poly is not allowed. It suggests that you are a hypocrite.

Since: Jun 07

Location hidden

#170329 Dec 8, 2012
Quest wrote:
<quoted text>
No, we are asking about a case where an established sight to marry was stripped from a minority group based only on animus.
Although, right now the Court is asking primarily about standing on Prop 8.
We shall see.
Standing? Are you even following the case?

“KiMare'a the Monster Mutation”

Since: Nov 10

Location hidden

#170330 Dec 8, 2012
KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
So you want to equate the rare exceptions to procreation in marriage to the absolute desolation of procreation in ss unions???
Really?
Kind of silly stupid, don't you think???
Smirk.
Winston Smiths dog wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes it is silly stupid when someone makes a comment that has no basis in fact.
http://www.dinklife.com/topic/trends-news/mar...
If that doesn't work copy and paste these together:
http://www.dinklife.com/topic/trends-news/
married-without-children-more- couples-opting
-be-%E2%80%98childless-choice% E2%80%99
and this:
http://www.censusscope.org/us/chart_house.htm...
Rare exceptions? Indeed.
Oh, BTW, same sex couples can employ some of the same methods for procreation that sterile heterosexual couples resort to.
To quote Mike DiRucci...
Dopey!
Nothing you said addressed the facts I stated.

They certainly did not disqualify my facts;

1. Heterosexual couples who do not procreate are still a large minority.

You simply argue that heterosexual couples are delaying or may not at this time choose to have children (those 'decisions' change all the time). Minor fluctuations in rates does not change my facts.

2. Gay couples are 'absolutely desolate' by mutual procreation.

You blatantly attempt to make the same idiotic, deceitful comparison.

-The unnatural barrenness of heterosexual couples to the absolute mutual desolation of every single gay couple.

-Even worse, your 'solution' leaves the child always absent one parent and one gender! A horrible and cruel deprivation of a child's well-being. Something that is diabolical and should be criminal. Anyone deliberately perpetrating this on a child is despicable.

This is a example of what evil consequences the attempt to equate duplicate couples to marriage leads to...

Your denial is sick and dangerous!

Location hidden

#170331 Dec 8, 2012
Jazybird58 wrote:
<quoted text>to long did not read.
See Spot run.

Is too long for you.

Since: Apr 11

North Hollywood, CA

#170332 Dec 8, 2012
17Patriot76 wrote:
That judge is violating the U.S Constitution by taking the power of the peoples votes... Same sex marriage isn't protected under the U.S Constitution!
Equal protection of the law is protected under the U.S n! That includes marriage laws!

Constitutio
17Patriot76 wrote:
Obviously it wouldn't be controversial if it was!
You don't think inter-racial marriage was controversial? How old are you? 12?
17Patriot76 wrote:
The founders wouldn't have supported same sex anything because it fell under the "Sodomy Law" that was in effect until the Liberal party was formed in the late 1800's..
The founders are worm poop now.
Some even supported slavery, and murder of Natives.
If funny that the same people who claim they are for small government want the government telling us which sex positions we can use. And they think putting men in jail is a good way to get then to stop engaging is sodomy.
It's the 2010's now..
17Patriot76 wrote:
The dictionary clearly defines Marriage as 1 man & 1 woman in holy matrimony...
Which dictionary, stupid?
Dictionary.com doesn't say anything about "holy" and it mentions "
a similar institution involving partners of the same gender: gay marriage. "

http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/marria...
17Patriot76 wrote:
So in reality Government really has no say in marriage because it comes from the church! Churches are against homosexuality (unless they're 501C3).....
It's alright enjoy it while it lasts lol The American Resistance will return America back to the Good Moral Country we used to be with the soon to come 2nd American Revolution!! GOD BLESS AMERICA & THE AMERICAN PATRIOTS
What did you like the best about Good Moral America? Slavery? Women being denied the vote? Jim Crow? Slaughter of Natives and the theft of their lands? Concentration Camps? Let's hear it.
GODLESS AMERICA

North Hollywood, CA

#170333 Dec 8, 2012
KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
"you're wrong"??? That's your argument.
How old are you?
Marriage is a cultural constraint on evolutionary mating behavior. SS couples are a direct contradiction. A violation of nature. You could be blind as a bat and dumb as a rock and still know they are not the same. Even a child says, "Are you serious???"
Smirk.
Stupid, marriage is a legal contract. And you don't have to be able to reproduce in order to enter that contract.

Do you think you should have been aborted? You describe yourself as a mutated monster, or something similar.

North Hollywood, CA

#170334 Dec 8, 2012
KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
So you want to equate the rare exceptions to procreation in marriage to the absolute desolation of procreation in ss unions???
Really?
Smirk.
You are silly stupid. The ability to reproduce is just not a requirement for marriage.

Deal with that fact, for once.

“Formerly Frankie Rizzo”

Canarsie, NY

#170335 Dec 8, 2012
KiMare wrote:
KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
Really?
Smirk.
<quoted text>
Nothing you said addressed the facts I stated.
They certainly did not disqualify my facts;
1. Heterosexual couples who do not procreate are still a large minority.
You simply argue that heterosexual couples are delaying or may not at this time choose to have children (those 'decisions' change all the time). Minor fluctuations in rates does not change my facts.
2. Gay couples are 'absolutely desolate' by mutual procreation.
You blatantly attempt to make the same idiotic, deceitful comparison.
-The unnatural barrenness of heterosexual couples to the absolute mutual desolation of every single gay couple.
-Even worse, your 'solution' leaves the child always absent one parent and one gender! A horrible and cruel deprivation of a child's well-being. Something that is diabolical and should be criminal. Anyone deliberately perpetrating this on a child is despicable.
This is a example of what evil consequences the attempt to equate duplicate couples to marriage leads to...
Your denial is sick and dangerous!
If you want to put a chink in the armor of "Procreation is irrelevant in marriage" tell em you support incest marriage. Listen to the stuttering and double talk! Fun!

I do. I support all forms of marriage among consenting adults. I find some of the biggest bigots against less common forms of marriage are same sex marriage advocates. Funny that. You'd think maybe they are hypocrites.

North Hollywood, CA

#170336 Dec 8, 2012
R Hudson wrote:
<quoted text>
There you go again, with that fantasy stuff. He didn't say that. He said marriage had a clear purpose, other than sexual gratification. Can't you post without adulterating context ? And you are not in any position to hand anything over, you have no power to control it. The Constitution was written very clearly, and no mention was made of SSm.
But stupid, it can't mention every law in the Constitution. So, it says we should have equal protection under THE law. That includes marriage laws. That's why the 14th Amendment was sited in Loving v VA. The Constitution doesn't mention inter-racial marriage either.
R Hudson wrote:
Your side is using legal loopholes to turn our society upiside down, and if we didn't have special interest groups involving themselves in politics, we'd not be facing this issue now. Fact of the matter is, common sense has been replaced with libertine values, and we are witnessing the demise of sensibility and order. Our politicians have decided that the very nature of our country is to be violated.
Gay marriage will violate the very nature of our country!?
Wiccan, my black backside.

“Formerly Frankie Rizzo”

Canarsie, NY

#170337 Dec 8, 2012
Rose_NoHo wrote:
<quoted text>
You are silly stupid. The ability to reproduce is just not a requirement for marriage.
Yes. that is why there is no reason incest marriage not be allowed.

North Hollywood, CA

#170338 Dec 8, 2012
akpilot wrote:
<quoted text>
The problem is you don't comprehend the definition of "Equal Protection"- you seem to think that is synonymous with equal outcome.
BTW< how about you come off the playground for a minute and stop ending your sentences with- grow a pair, and LOLSER- thay hardly add any meaning to your already meaningless rants.
LOLSER. Look who's talking! All you do is attack me, and don't even try to counter what I've said. So, b!tch, STFU.

Location hidden

#170339 Dec 8, 2012
Rose_NoHo wrote:
<quoted text>
Equal protection of the law is protected under the U.S n! That includes marriage laws!
Constitutio<quoted text>
You don't think inter-racial marriage was controversial? How old are you? 12?
<quoted text>
The founders are worm poop now.
Some even supported slavery, and murder of Natives.
If funny that the same people who claim they are for small government want the government telling us which sex positions we can use. And they think putting men in jail is a good way to get then to stop engaging is sodomy.
It's the 2010's now..
<quoted text>
Which dictionary, stupid?
Dictionary.com doesn't say anything about "holy" and it mentions "
a similar institution involving partners of the same gender: gay marriage. "
http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/marria...
<quoted text>
What did you like the best about Good Moral America? Slavery? Women being denied the vote? Jim Crow? Slaughter of Natives and the theft of their lands? Concentration Camps? Let's hear it.
GODLESS AMERICA
Let's hear it for Rose and her perfect implementation of Rose Tactic #8.

Good Work Rose-

Rose tactic #1- Act stupid-(not so sure it is an act)
Rose Tactic #2- Misdirect
Rose Tactic #3- Make stupid comments until opposition is tired of replying then claim victory
Rose Tactic #4- Attack the poster- scream Racist, Bigot, Homophobe
Rose Tactic #5- Act intelligent by making silly statistical references such as- Most people who have anal sex are straight-
Rose Tactic #6- Falsely accuse others of lies- when proven wrong through links to previous posts revert back to tactics 2 and 4.
Rose Tactic #7- Claim to have made an argument, then claim others can't counter the argument that doesn't actually exist.
Rose Tactic #8- Claim that everything is linked to- Slavery, Jim Crow Laws, and the plight of the blacks.(See also Tactic #4)

Location hidden

#170340 Dec 8, 2012
Rose_NoHo wrote:
<quoted text>
Good, than what is the argument against incest?

North Hollywood, CA

#170341 Dec 8, 2012
akpilot wrote:
<quoted text>
Anyone want to try and translate this into English?
Guess you are too dumb to get it.
Oh, well.

North Hollywood, CA

#170342 Dec 8, 2012
R Hudson wrote:
Nevertheless, there is plenty of evidence that homosexuality is not innate....zzzz....
From a fundie hate site.
Wow, there's a shock.
Why would a Wiccan slurp up fundie splooge like you do?
Could it be you're not really a Wiccan?
Nah...

“Formerly Frankie Rizzo”

Canarsie, NY

#170343 Dec 8, 2012
Rose_NoHo wrote:
<quoted text>
From a fundie hate site.
Wow, there's a shock.
Why would a Wiccan slurp up fundie splooge like you do?
Could it be you're not really a Wiccan?
Nah...
No one seems to care what religion other posters are except you.

“Formerly Frankie Rizzo”

Canarsie, NY

#170344 Dec 8, 2012
Rose_NoHo wrote:
<quoted text>
Guess you are too dumb to get it.
Oh, well.
Perhaps you'd tell us what it means then. We won't wait.

“Formerly Frankie Rizzo”

Canarsie, NY

#170345 Dec 8, 2012
akpilot wrote:
<quoted text>
Let's hear it for Rose and her perfect implementation of Rose Tactic #8.
Good Work Rose-
Rose tactic #1- Act stupid-(not so sure it is an act)
Rose Tactic #2- Misdirect
Rose Tactic #3- Make stupid comments until opposition is tired of replying then claim victory
Rose Tactic #4- Attack the poster- scream Racist, Bigot, Homophobe
Rose Tactic #5- Act intelligent by making silly statistical references such as- Most people who have anal sex are straight-
Rose Tactic #6- Falsely accuse others of lies- when proven wrong through links to previous posts revert back to tactics 2 and 4.
Rose Tactic #7- Claim to have made an argument, then claim others can't counter the argument that doesn't actually exist.
Rose Tactic #8- Claim that everything is linked to- Slavery, Jim Crow Laws, and the plight of the blacks.(See also Tactic #4)
Yes.#8. She's got that old tattered dog eared race card and she just can't believe it doesn't work so well anymore.

We have voted as a nation for a black president twice and I am proud of that. Not Rose_NoHo. Rose_NoHo misses the old days.

“Formerly Frankie Rizzo”

Canarsie, NY

#170346 Dec 8, 2012
Jazybird58 wrote:
<quoted text>Qusetion. Why do people referance the bible at all. Its not a law, nor does it pertain to the question of same sex marriage? Answer, Jesus Freaks think that the bible is law. Now move on asshat
Aw shuddup jackass! Keep your bible nonsense to yourself it's off topic here.

Take your fundie ass to the Jesus threads if you want to talk about that stuff.

Fundie dope!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Winchester Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
CA CA Proposition 23 - Global Warming (Oct '10) 1 hr Me O My O 7,969
Riverside County:Tap Water Taste and Smell Unpl... 3 hr james marple 53
Do you approve of Jeff Stone as Supervisor? (Oct '11) 12 hr EastEndResident 10
Do you approve of Robert Youssef as Council Mem... 12 hr EastEndResident 2
CA California Proposition 19: the Marijuana Legali... (Oct '10) Wed do it here 16,011
Why Is There So Much Racial Tension In Hemet? (Oct '08) Tue sax 193
Murrieta Police misconduct (Mar '08) Tue wolfwolf 110

Winchester News Video

Winchester Dating
Find my Match

Winchester Jobs

Winchester People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Winchester News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Winchester

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]