The under ground tunnel , Florida ave...
DancinDonut

Los Angeles, CA

#21 Oct 30, 2011
I hope you do get to go ...and record it all for the history of this town. Like I said, might be a way to make money for this town that has gone to the seedier side.
Rosie

Perris, CA

#22 Nov 4, 2011
My name is Rosie McDermott. My late husband and I lived in Hemet for over 30 years.
The stories I have read about there being underground tunnels in downtown Hemet have brought back so many memories. I can recall how my husband would come home from working down in the tunnels, complaining about how dirty and dark it was there. One day he came home early. He was shaken by an incident that had happened down in one of the tunnels that day.
He said as he was walking out to take his lunch break, the walls began to tremble and the ground began to buckle.
The beams of timber that held up the walls and the ceiling began to collapse and as soon as he was out of the tunnel, the ground sank.
He never returned to work on the tunnels again. I can understand how there can be skeptics about the tunnels under Florida and Harvard street and if I hadn’t experienced it myself, I guess I might not believe it either.
Straight Hand

Houston, TX

#23 Nov 10, 2011
I've also heard tales of such tunnels. I'm really surprised that there aren't any pictures of these things floating around the net. Something like this should be photographed! There are more pictures of the tunnel that runs under Tomorrowland at Disneyland than there are of Florida street in Hemet. I propose somebody does a proper documentary of the History of Hemet that includes a tunnel walk.
joe

Honolulu, HI

#24 Nov 11, 2011
I have been in those tunnels as a kid . So much fun nothing really down there?
Harry

Desert Hot Springs, CA

#25 Dec 7, 2011
It's been at least a month.
Has anybody proven this right or wrong yet?
It sounds like a big hoax, and I feel that most these posts are just posted by the same man, in an attempt to mislead.
Has anybody have any proof?

Since: Oct 11

Location hidden

#26 Dec 8, 2011
Harry wrote:
It sounds like a big hoax, and I feel that most these posts are just posted by the same man, in an attempt to mislead.
Not proven either way. Posts not made by the same person, I believe. If this tunnell does exist, you would think that someone would have some kind of record of it. Maybe not, if it was truly a "secret" operation. Lots of things happened in history that are not uncovered for a long time, and are proven as facts. Is there a local Historian, or maybe a very old resident, who may have some info?

Who is the oldest person in town? That would be where I would start.
Rosie

Hemet, CA

#27 Dec 8, 2011
Oh the tunnels are truly there. I thought it was well known, because many people actually helped dig them. Although many of the workers would be much older by now, I know at least 5 people who are still alive. But I would not be surprised if they have forgotten a lot about digging the tunnels. I heard some very interesting stories about what went on down there during the work
Troy

Temecula, CA

#28 Dec 15, 2011
I imagine there is a massive underground inside the San Jacinto Mountain. The Scientologiest are sitting at one secret entrance imo..and the other entrance is on the Palmsprings side....Years ago I wanted to poke around but a friend said to stay away from those people..so...I stayed away..but with 2012 coming..I imagine they have water, food, underground everything they need..hmm

Location hidden

#29 Dec 15, 2011
Rosie wrote:
Oh the tunnels are truly there. I thought it was well known, because many people actually helped dig them. Although many of the workers would be much older by now, I know at least 5 people who are still alive. But I would not be surprised if they have forgotten a lot about digging the tunnels. I heard some very interesting stories about what went on down there during the work
Any names I could check? I would very much enjoy talking to some of these old-timers, and maybe confirm some of the myths. Not looking to "out" anyone, and all names would be kept private. Is there any way to contact you, without disclosing email addresses, phone numbers, etc?
Hugh Jerechshion

Riverside, CA

#30 Dec 15, 2011
Deez, the tunnels are there. Many are closed off, none are really in usable shape from cave ins, closures and neglect. Last one that was used was closed off about 22 years ago. They exist because of the banks; it's still pretty common knowledge that after the war, Florida Avenue constituted a repository rivaling Wall Street itself, but in a physical sense. The post war paranoia (also known as hard earned wisdom from the school of hard knocks) was that if the Cold War turned hot, subterranean evacuation of the loot could be done without having to hold off a panicked public by the military. I'm sure you know they had early ICBM's planted up on Jackrabbit Trail, too?
jessica

Moreno Valley, CA

#31 Dec 16, 2011
Hugh Jerechshion wrote:
Deez, the tunnels are there. Many are closed off, none are really in usable shape from cave ins, closures and neglect. Last one that was used was closed off about 22 years ago. They exist because of the banks; it's still pretty common knowledge that after the war, Florida Avenue constituted a repository rivaling Wall Street itself, but in a physical sense. The post war paranoia (also known as hard earned wisdom from the school of hard knocks) was that if the Cold War turned hot, subterranean evacuation of the loot could be done without having to hold off a panicked public by the military. I'm sure you know they had early ICBM's planted up on Jackrabbit Trail, too?
What is a ICBM?

Since: Dec 11

Moreno Valley, CA

#32 Dec 16, 2011
jessica wrote:
<quoted text>
What is a ICBM?
http://lmgtfy.com/...

Location hidden

#33 Dec 16, 2011
jessica wrote:
<quoted text>
What is a ICBM?
Inter-Continental Ballistic Missile.

Location hidden

#34 Dec 16, 2011
Hugh Jerechshion wrote:
ICBM's! Cool! Any evidence left of that site? Looking for a little adventure.
Hugh Jerechshion

Riverside, CA

#35 Dec 16, 2011
Info will be difficult to find, lot of work. You'd have to prowl endlessly through military enthusiast websites and military (in this case, Air Force) reunion type sites to find what few people left worked on the Herc and Ajax programs. These sites were plentiful along with the rail program that lived a short but expensive life in the effort to umbrella against the then paramount Soviet threat coming across the Bering Strait.

Or you could just go up there and look. Lots of adventurers still do.

In my opinion, the millions of people in this country that experience the few remaining better aspects of freedom owe a debt of gratitude in the form of both internal and external vigilance and action, not only to themselves and future generations but to the good people that worked so hard, endured so much, and very often sacrificed their very lives in order to help to preserve those freedoms, which includes being aware of why tunnels were constructed under Florida Avenue.

It wasn't just so people like Chaudri and Nakamura could use them.
NormaJean

Hemet, CA

#36 Dec 16, 2011
Harry wrote:
What makes you think it's a man? Do you think us women can't type?
Why would you doubt such great information being offered about Hemet's history? Don't be so narrow minded. Otherwise you will never venture out into the World and make positive changes.
jessica

Moreno Valley, CA

#37 Dec 16, 2011
Dick Zinya wrote:
<quoted text>Inter-Continental Ballistic Missile.
Thank you
liveinhemet

Hemet, CA

#38 Dec 16, 2011
Troy wrote:
I imagine there is a massive underground inside the San Jacinto Mountain. The Scientologiest are sitting at one secret entrance imo..and the other entrance is on the Palmsprings side....Years ago I wanted to poke around but a friend said to stay away from those people..so...I stayed away..but with 2012 coming..I imagine they have water, food, underground everything they need..hmm
There is a massive tunnel under the San Jacinto Mountains. It was dug to run huge water pipes. I think it was finished sometime in the late 1930's. You can check it out on the internet.
Troy

Temecula, CA

#39 Dec 16, 2011
The tunnel was not just for water pipes..it was also carving into concrete which at the same time the Hemet dam was made..with a mountain of concrete they claimed to have had the concrete shipped in from Belgim..now..I think that the source was from the massive hidden underground complex that today is still active.
Troy

Temecula, CA

#40 Dec 16, 2011
1. Walt Disney lived just on the other side of Mt. San Jacinto.
2. He possibly hired L Ron Hubbard a physist like Einstien but into Cyrogenics to freeze Walt Disney.
3. Walt was known as a Pioneer...and inside Mt. San Jacinto is a tunnel off shoot called..Pioneer tunnel.
4. Look up 2011 UC Irvine noted Mt. San Jacinto would make a perfect underground lab but..mystery they suddenly could not make one there..hmm fishy..dont you think? Yes there is already an underground facility!
5. There are multiple silos around the mountain, there is a giant wind farm adjacent to the mountain
It is the 2012 bunker of all bunkers. I hear it told that there is a tunnel out to the ocean and that subs actually travel into the mountain and that is why L Ron Hubbards Scientologist are all meritime uniformed. But deeper still Cyrogenics..Tom Cruse..Vanilla Sky..ring a bell? I think a select group is aware of the cyrogenics lab and they know L Ron Hubbard, Walt Disney, Bob Hope, and a few others of note are down there..waiting for a rejuvination. NASA Astronaughts have visited San Jacinto..right there at that golden era productions..they have a secret school hidden on the indian reservation..but you never see the kids..are they all underground? If you were a General or a President you would want your kid going to school there..its totally secreted away..further..go to youtube and watch about the underground at Dever international airport...and other videos showing massive underground survival sets. Yes, I totally believe there is something under that mountain and it has been there since Walt Disney and yes..Howard Hughes broke ground into it. They were men of the future with the means and ways to make it happen. Still today that area is riddled with secrets.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Winchester Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
meet and greet Thu Faye Wons 1
News TemeculaRegistered sex offender accused of tryi... Aug 24 Jake- 1
Middle eastern people are racists Aug 24 iqawiyy1217 1
Cal Fire Sucks (Nov '11) Aug 23 calfirelove 53
Hemet - The worst city to live in california (Dec '14) Aug 23 Regolith Based Li... 44
Hemet Domestic violence. . bad and getting worst. Aug 22 Victoria Rode 23
Man assaults kids at McDonalds-east florida on ... (Jul '13) Aug 21 Vic_Rode 258

Winchester Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Winchester Mortgages