Off-Duty Deputy Jailed On Suspicion Of Killing Pub Patron

Dec 22, 2011 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: Patch.com

An off-duty Riverside County sheriff's deputy was in police custody today on suspicion of fatally shooting a man in a Murrieta bar, according to police.

Comments
1 - 12 of 12 Comments Last updated Feb 7, 2012
Sheik Yerbouti

New Hope, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 22, 2011

Judged:

Let's see how tough this punk is in prison!
stringemup

San Jacinto, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 22, 2011

Judged:

Another above the law cop!! At least half the cops any more are scum .. They cover-up for each other .. Gonna be hard to cover this one up .. This scum bag is not suppose to have his gun on him in a bar !!
My thoughts go out to the victim's family .......
Old man

El Monte, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 22, 2011

Judged:

This is the problem with cops nowdays who have to carry their weapons ,isn't there a law against this ,if not there should be.
Oldman

Hemet, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 22, 2011

Judged:

Old man wrote:
This is the problem with cops nowdays who have to carry their weapons ,isn't there a law against this ,if not there should be.
They are advised to carry their gun at all times. Even when off duty. Some choose not to though.
Old man

El Monte, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 23, 2011

Oldman wrote:
<quoted text>
They are advised to carry their gun at all times. Even when off duty. Some choose not to though.
mmmmmm i guess it isnt a bad thing , jjust about every gang member on the streets has ..
ice man

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 23, 2011

The same thing happend a few years ago with a cop in old town!!!!!
Oldman

Hemet, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 23, 2011

Old man wrote:
<quoted text> mmmmmm i guess it isnt a bad thing , jjust about every gang member on the streets has ..
I think there should be some kind of law where a law enforcement officer should not be allowed to carry a gun when they are going to be drinking, such as in a bar.
My brother was a cop before he retired. When he had a party. everyone that carried a weapon had to check it at the door. If they got drunk they didn't get the weapon back until the next day.
Anonymous

Flagstaff, AZ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 25, 2011

Judged:

Let's not hang him yet. There are 3 sides to every story. You have the cop's side, the witness' side and the truth. If the "victim" came at him with any type of weapon, yes, including a dart, the shooting would be justified. It doesn't matter if the cop was drinking or not. Just because the witness gave a story, doesn't mean that his story is true. Then again, maybe the cop did totally screw the pooch. No matter what happened, the system will work it out. Don't just jump to a conclusion because the "unbiased" media reported it a certain way. Also, don't think that this will get brushed under the rug. This DA's office will hang a cop out to dry for the smallest thing.
Anonymous

Flagstaff, AZ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 25, 2011

Oh, in case you're wondering, I live in the area, just happen to be in Az, now. So don't yell at me for not being from the area.
INSIDE INFO

Baldwin Park, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 26, 2011

Judged:

I HAVE A FRIEND WHO IS A COP HE SAID HE CANNOT HAVE HIS GUN AT A BAR DRINKING OR NOT.. YOU CAN'T SHOOT SOMEONE MULTIPLE TIMES WITHOUT BEING IN FEAR FOR YOUR LIFE AND HAVING NO ESCAPE AND NO OTHER CHOICE BUT TO USE DEADLY FORCE (NOT BEING ATTACKED WITH A DART).. SO UNLESS THERE IS ANOTHER GUN OR LARGE KNIFE OR A REAL DEADLY WEAPON THEN THIS GUY IS SCREWED !! ALSO I AM SURE THERE IS VIDEO CAMERAS ....SORRY DUDE I THANK YOUR SCREWED!!!!!!!!!!
P.S. THE D.A. IS QUICK TO PROSECUTE A COP UNLESS THERE OFFICERS UNION IS A SUPPORTER OR YOUR A MAJOR DONOR OF HIS !!!!!
azzhat II

Hemet, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 28, 2011

Another loose cannon. Wake up people
azzhat 11

Hemet, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 7, 2012

I hope Bubba is taking care of this piece of crap....

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••

Excessive Heat Warning for Riverside County was issued at July 30 at 12:00PM PDT

•••
•••

Winchester News Video

•••
•••

Winchester Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••

Winchester People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE