Ancient Egypt ... by way of San Jose

Ancient Egypt ... by way of San Jose

There are 10 comments on the LA Times story from Jan 10, 2006, titled Ancient Egypt ... by way of San Jose. In it, LA Times reports that:

The armless goddess, like an Egyptian Venus de Milo, stared out from behind protective glass.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at LA Times.

King Tut

Edmond, OK

#1 Jan 16, 2006
The author doesn't mention that the Rosicrucian also holds an incredible collection of Cuneiform from Mesopotamia. It's a great musem - a bit crusty, but that just adds to the charm. Vincent Price could jump out from behind an obelisk at any moment!

Since: Dec 05

Palo Alto, CA

#2 Jan 17, 2006
King Tut wrote:
The author doesn't mention that the Rosicrucian also holds an incredible collection of Cuneiform from Mesopotamia. It's a great musem - a bit crusty, but that just adds to the charm. Vincent Price could jump out from behind an obelisk at any moment!
Yeah, as a kid this was definately one of my favorite class field-trips. The architecture is pretty awe-inspiring, the exhibits are pretty cool, and the planetarium is great on a hot day. I haven't been there for years, but I think I'm gonna have to go again soon!
Halito

Las Vegas, NV

#3 Jan 1, 2010
Halito

Las Vegas, NV

#4 Jan 1, 2010
Where is Transylvania?
Halito

Las Vegas, NV

#5 Jan 1, 2010
Was it Roostervelt hiding from Eleanor?
Halito

Las Vegas, NV

#6 Jan 1, 2010
hangin out at Osgood house...
Halito

Las Vegas, NV

#7 Jan 1, 2010
Where is the Balm in Gilead....
Halito

Las Vegas, NV

#8 Jan 1, 2010
[Is there] no balm in Gilead; [is there] no physician there? why then is not the health of the daughter of my people recovered?
Halito

Las Vegas, NV

#9 Jan 1, 2010
is God's arm shortened that it cannot deliver?
zup

Sacramento, CA

#10 Jan 1, 2010
what's this topic bout?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Winchester Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Scammed by Richardson RV; DO NOT do business w... (Feb '15) 2 hr Mr Richardson 5
meet and greet Aug 25 Faye Wons 1
News TemeculaRegistered sex offender accused of tryi... Aug 24 Jake- 1
Middle eastern people are racists Aug 24 iqawiyy1217 1
Cal Fire Sucks (Nov '11) Aug 23 calfirelove 53
Hemet - The worst city to live in california (Dec '14) Aug 23 Regolith Based Li... 44
Hemet Domestic violence. . bad and getting worst. Aug 22 Victoria Rode 23

Winchester Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Winchester Mortgages