Wilson case cited in lecture on bullying

Wilson case cited in lecture on bullying

There are 96 comments on the Buffalo News story from Sep 23, 2008, titled Wilson case cited in lecture on bullying. In it, Buffalo News reports that:

Jean Alberti, an expert on child psychology and behavior, has taken a keen interest in allegations of hazing by three former baseball players from Wilson High School in Niagara County.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Buffalo News.

First Prev
of 5
Next Last
DrAlberti unprofessional

Buffalo, NY

#2 Sep 24, 2008
Dr. Jean Alberti should be embarrassed. A woman that supposedly cares for communities did the wrong thing by commenting on Wilson. She ADMITTED she only knows what she reads in the paper and took no initiative to do any of her own research. Not how a scientist should approach supporting documentation to her theory. She should be ashamed.
I am going to send her the Enquirer so she can comment on the Martians bullying the man on the moon!
KatefromRt8

AOL

#3 Sep 25, 2008
DrAlberti unprofessional wrote:
Dr. Jean Alberti should be embarrassed. A woman that supposedly cares for communities did the wrong thing by commenting on Wilson. She ADMITTED she only knows what she reads in the paper and took no initiative to do any of her own research. Not how a scientist should approach supporting documentation to her theory. She should be ashamed.
I am going to send her the Enquirer so she can comment on the Martians bullying the man on the moon!
I disagree, she is a well known professional, And was a wonderful speaker. As a college student who is studying to become a member of the educational system, a system that is broken, it is people like her who will make the changes necessary.
Besides, it does not take any kind of scientist to know that something happened on that bus in Wilson while teachers were present, teachers who knew that they had issues in the past. Shame on those teachers who did nothing to help the children.
Thanks to her speaking about it, it brought it all to attention once again, and hopefully justice will be served to those victims and the students and tax payers in that town when those involved are gone and replaced with people who take their jobs seriously, act professionaly, and are worthy of the positions they hold.
DrAlberti unprofessional

Buffalo, NY

#4 Sep 25, 2008
Oh Kate, your arrogance and immaturity glares off of this page. Just because she has a PhD does not give her the right to judge people without facts. None of which have been made public yet. Even the victims' statements haven't been made public. What you've read is an anonymous source that won't come forward. That's credible to you?
I was there and did not find her to be a wonderful speaker at all. Quite honestly her presentation was very dry and boring and offerred no real solution or comprehensive steps to take to rid our schools of bullies. She exploited a still unresolved situation to fit her own agenda and if she truly was a professional that was worth our praise, she would have taken 20 minutes to try to understand the situation. There was a woman that stood up and said that she did not know of a single teacher that would let this happen. Neither do I. Teachers dedicate their lives to other peoples children. I truly think that you should reconsider a career in education Kate if you don't realize that something like that could happen in a moment in your classroom without your knowledge or condoning it. You could be writing on the board and turn around to find a student with a pencil sticking out of his eye because a student that was suspended the year before had a problem with him. You could be held liable for not stopping it. Crazy right? Perhaps that is what happened in Wilson...
abc123

Buffalo, NY

#5 Sep 26, 2008
Arrogance-Offensively exaggerating one's own importance.

How can you accuse Kate of arrogance from this one paragraph?
KatefromRt8

AOL

#6 Sep 27, 2008
abc123 wrote:
Sounds to me like he is involved personally, maybe one of his kids or maybe he was one of the adults on the bus.
Either way, he started off his response to me by insulting me........bully like behavior.
DrAlberti unprofessional

Buffalo, NY

#7 Sep 27, 2008
abc123 wrote:
She insinuated that schools would be better off once the teachers from Wilson were replaced with people like her. She has no idea what kind of teacher she'll end up being. To me it was arrogant. That is what blogs are about right, expressing our opinions? That was mine :)
DrAlberti unprofessional

Buffalo, NY

#8 Sep 27, 2008
KatefromRt8 wrote:
<quoted text>
Sounds to me like he is involved personally, maybe one of his kids or maybe he was one of the adults on the bus.
Either way, he started off his response to me by insulting me........bully like behavior.
And not very observant either...or maybe Kate, you weren't at the lecture at all. I was and didn't see any of the kids from Wilson there or any of the adults that were on the bus. Maybe if they were we would have been given some facts instead of irresponsible rambling by Dr. Alberti, who, unprofessionally, chose to take a situation and exploit it to fit her agenda.
Not bullying, just making observations :)
Rotten Apple

Buffalo, NY

#9 Sep 27, 2008
KatefromRt8=Little Apple
Reader

Buffalo, NY

#10 Sep 29, 2008
Looks like discussion with over 2000 posts is gone.
KatefromRt8

AOL

#11 Oct 1, 2008
<quoted text>
She insinuated that schools would be better off once the teachers from Wilson were replaced with people like her. She has no idea what kind of teacher she'll end up being. To me it was arrogant. That is what blogs are about right, expressing our opinions? That was mine :)
You assume because I am a college student, I am 19, 20 years old? I am a non traditional student, I have a great job, thank you, in the public schools, and I have never been accused of harming, neglecting, or ignoring a child. I have never been asked to leave my position, with, or without pay. And although Wilson is a nice place to visit, I have no reason to want to leave my school to work at Wilson.
You sir...sound to me like every teachers worst nightmare of a parent.
KatefromRt8

AOL

#12 Oct 1, 2008
<quoted text>
And not very observant either...or maybe Kate, you weren't at the lecture at all. I was and didn't see any of the kids from Wilson there or any of the adults that were on the bus. Maybe if they were we would have been given some facts instead of irresponsible rambling by Dr. Alberti, who, unprofessionally, chose to take a situation and exploit it to fit her agenda.
Not bullying, just making observations :)
I was there. But do you really think if any of the adults from that bus, or students, or teachers involved were there that they would of spoken up? Given details? Spoke about facts? Seems to me these folks are keeping their tongues tight. They have had a chance to speak their side, they could of inteviewed with ESPN and given their facts, they can write letters to the newspapers.
Dr. Alberti did the right thing in admitting she only knows what she has seen and read in the news, that is all anybody knows, except yourself <wink, wink>
Other towns, school districts, and teachers should learn a lesson from what happened in Wilson.
Missing the Point

Buffalo, NY

#13 Oct 1, 2008
It seems many people, in general, are missing the point of the presentation and the bigger agenda that was just starting to be presented. The presentation was about bullying -- "child abuse by children," as she said -- and not about local happenings or coaches or teachers being present when bad things happen. The topic was simply connected with something more locally that starts to put certain things into perspective.

Whenever any topic that people are polarized or passionate about is mentioned or brought up, there's bound to be backlash -- which is unfortunate. But some people out there seem to be missing the real message, which is sad.
Leftwing Media joke

Buffalo, NY

#14 Oct 2, 2008
KatefromRt8 wrote:
<quoted text>
I was there. But do you really think if any of the adults from that bus, or students, or teachers involved were there that they would of spoken up? Given details? Spoke about facts? Seems to me these folks are keeping their tongues tight. They have had a chance to speak their side, they could of inteviewed with ESPN and given their facts, they can write letters to the newspapers.
Dr. Alberti did the right thing in admitting she only knows what she has seen and read in the news, that is all anybody knows, except yourself <wink, wink>
Other towns, school districts, and teachers should learn a lesson from what happened in Wilson.
You really do have a very twisted view of the real world. I know for certain that there were several people directly involved were not contacted by ESPN and when ESPN was reached out to, phone calls were not returned. They did not want the other side of the story. I also know that there have been several quotes and explanations given to the press that reporters have chosen not to print. I also know that there have been quotes purposefully taken out of context. I personally have written a letter to the editor of both of the local newspapers and they have yet to surface. The abuses are too numerous to even list here. You are very sadly mistaken if you think that the press will print the truth if the truth does not make a good story. Very naive for a non-traditional student who claims to be part of the workforce. Almost scary that you really believe that.
KatefromRt8

AOL

#15 Oct 2, 2008
Then state your facts right here....
abc123

Buffalo, NY

#16 Oct 3, 2008
Leftwing Media joke

Dr Alberti unprofessional

Rotten Apple.....why do you continuously change your name?
def345

Buffalo, NY

#17 Oct 3, 2008
Pot calling the kettle black...READER
Rotten Apple

Buffalo, NY

#18 Oct 3, 2008
The other 2 are not me. Not sure if they are the same, but I didn't go to that seminar.
Nice try though. Glad to know you think I am intellegent like DrAlberti unprofessional...
KatefromRt8

Buffalo, NY

#19 Oct 3, 2008
They at least know each other...
abc123

Buffalo, NY

#20 Oct 3, 2008
def345 wrote:
Pot calling the kettle black...READER
I don't deny it
Reader

Buffalo, NY

#21 Oct 3, 2008
Rotten Apple wrote:
The other 2 are not me. Not sure if they are the same, but I didn't go to that seminar.
Nice try though. Glad to know you think I am intellegent like DrAlberti unprofessional...
don't recall commenting on anyone's IQ

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 5
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Wilson Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Latest News: Flood recovery for Lake Ontario, M... May 15 lookin 4 JustUs 1
Banks at Niagara University May 10 Niagara University 1
News HEALTH: Man bitten by coyote on Sweeney Street ... (Apr '09) May 1 frilled2b 49
News Canadian man pleads guilty to attempting to imp... Apr 22 whats-the-point-o... 1
Emily Rupert Apr '17 Lkpt is gross 1
Tony Ray Townsend died (Nov '10) Apr '17 Southernman 9
Pirate (Jun '09) Apr '17 Trevor 2

Wilson Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Wilson Mortgages