Wilson students expected in court

Wilson students expected in court

There are 10 comments on the WIVB Buffalo story from Aug 28, 2008, titled Wilson students expected in court. In it, WIVB Buffalo reports that:

The high school students and coaches accused in the Wilson hazing scandal are expected in court Thursday night.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at WIVB Buffalo.

gin1

Lockport, NY

#1 Aug 28, 2008
What a black eye for all Wilson residents.
The unfortunate truth about this is that is more common than people are aware of.
Shame on the coaches for not being more observant, however, the players who are charged in this case worry me much more.
RJoyce

Springville, NY

#2 Aug 28, 2008
It is appalling, I hope they receive maximum puncishment - crimes go "unnoticed" in sports way too often
medina res

Fairport, NY

#3 Aug 28, 2008
wahtever they did to those boys will always haunt them. They and the coaches should be punished. What in god's name whould even make a kid no less to want to do something like this? Freakin stupidity? Even if they are not punishes, this will follow them no matter what they do, from school and job applications, there are questions about being charged with crimes. It will haunt them the rest of ther lives as well as the innocent victim. iF that had been my child they would not have to wait to go to court, I would of dealt with them myself. Shame on you idiots. Oh and one other thing. You will meet your maker some day and have to answer to him. Good luck with that.
Rob

Rochester, NY

#4 Aug 28, 2008
BEGGING FOR HELP!!!!!!!!!!

The victim's family just got home from District Attorney Michael J. Violante and Assistant District Attorney Robert A. Zucco's office and he told them that he was thinking about (it hasn't been done yet) dropping the charges on the perps to a charge of forceable touching and hazing. We need everyone who is on the victim's side to write letters, call, or email the DA office and voice their opinion about how changing the charges to a lesser offense would be a terrible idea. If the perps het charged with forceable touching and hazing - they pretty much walk with a slap on the wrist and probation.
So we need your help to make sure the charges stick and changes are made to help other sports players so that this doesn't happen again. PLEASE!!!

You can get address, phone number, fax number, and email address at the following link (scroll down to Thank you! Niagara County):

http://www.nysdaa.org/daroster.cfm

Thank you!
Rob

Rochester, NY

#5 Aug 28, 2008
BEGGING FOR HELP!!!!!!!!!!

The victim's family just got home from District Attorney Michael J. Violante and Assistant District Attorney Robert A. Zucco's office and he told them that he was thinking about (it hasn't been done yet) dropping the charges on the perps to a charge of forceable touching and hazing. We need everyone who is on the victim's side to write letters, call, or email the DA office and voice their opinion about how changing the charges to a lesser offense would be a terrible idea. If the perps het charged with forceable touching and hazing - they pretty much walk with a slap on the wrist and probation.
So we need your help to make sure the charges stick and changes are made to help other sports players so that this doesn't happen again. PLEASE!!!

You can get address, phone number, fax number, and email address at the following link (scroll down to Thank you! Niagara County):

http://www.nysdaa.org/daroster.cfm

Thank you!
Rob

Rochester, NY

#6 Aug 28, 2008
please disregard the post about sending letters for now - we have 2 weeks for the DA to make his decision, we are hoping that the charges stick - if we need to send letters we will do it after that - i will let you know.
Rob

Rochester, NY

#7 Aug 28, 2008
please disregard the post about sending letters for now - we have 2 weeks for the DA to make his decision, we are hoping that the charges stick - if we need to send letters we will do it after that - i will let you know.
YaYaHood

North Tonawanda, NY

#8 Aug 29, 2008
Rob they can't go through with felony charges if they don't feel they have the evidence.
They can't recharge the boys if the felony doesn't stick.
Lesser charges suck, yes, but they have a better chance of prosecuting.
It's not about public outcry, it's about evidence.
JimmyR

AOL

#9 Aug 29, 2008
Judge: Everyone turn off your cell phones please unless they're up your (a) ss
Reader

Buffalo, NY

#10 Aug 29, 2008
This is from the paper:

Neither attorney said their clients would be willing to plead to a misdemeanor charge, however. Shelby said they maintain that nothing criminal occurred on the bus, so the teens will not be pleading to a criminal charge.

“We do not believe that a crime has occurred,” he said.“There was some conduct that was certainly not appropriate, but you know, boys will be boys. And I hate to say that because of the level that this was charged, but at the same time, the facts are the facts.”

These lawyers are saying "nothing criminal happened"

Since when is it not illegal to punch, kick, and slap around another person?

Isn't that assault and battery?

Unbelievable

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Wilson Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Gina Paolucci (Jan '06) Aug 31 Mr Hastings 5
News Building heat for Central New York peaks Wednesday Jul '15 jamal 1
Tiffany Schaner Jul '15 thinkiknowher 4
Review: Steve's Custom Cycle (Jul '10) Jun '15 Bill 13
Niagara hotel (Sep '13) May '15 Ms F 4
News Niagara SPCA Conducts Animal Rescue in Lockport (Feb '15) Mar '15 CatWatcher 4
Lincoln Wood Apartments close to Akron Road (Jan '14) Mar '15 HIGh ya 6
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Wilson Mortgages