Plea deal possible in Wilson High Sch...

Plea deal possible in Wilson High School hazing case

There are 135 comments on the WIVB Buffalo story from Jul 26, 2008, titled Plea deal possible in Wilson High School hazing case. In it, WIVB Buffalo reports that:

Defense attorney Andrew Vona confirmed this afternoon that he received a letter from the Niagara County District Attorney outlining a plea offer in a high profile alleged hazing case.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at WIVB Buffalo.

First Prev
of 7
Next Last
Reader

Buffalo, NY

#123 Aug 25, 2008
old Turtle wrote:
<quoted text>
This is what can happen when you work in the same school district as the one that your child attends. If this is indeed true, this woman should be fired also.
She works in a different school district. Her role in this is a parent.

Since: Apr 08

AOL

#124 Aug 25, 2008
old Turtle wrote:
<quoted text>
This is what can happen when you work in the same school district as the one that your child attends. If this is indeed true, this woman should be fired also.
The Mother works in a differant district...Still she is mandatory reporter
old Turtle

AOL

#125 Aug 25, 2008
Wilson Mom wrote:
<quoted text>
The Mother works in a differant district...Still she is mandatory reporter
Hmm....well you think she would know better.
Seargent Schultz

North Tonawanda, NY

#126 Aug 25, 2008
laksjdfkld wrote:
What witnesses? Last time I checked every report says the kids on the bus and the coaches and the driver SAW NOTHING.
And I do believe a 13 year old boy can lie.
I find it funny how the people making allegations in the media and on these forums have no possible way of knowing what really went on, as they weren't on that bus that day.
OH, sorry and you were seated where again? Did you even see the ESPN report? They have statements from alot of the players who witnessed it. Some reported being hazed for months before that. Their only mistake was for not taking it over the coaches heads to the athletic director, principal and superintendent.
Jailbait

Buffalo, NY

#127 Aug 25, 2008
Seargent Schultz wrote:
<quoted text>
OH, sorry and you were seated where again? Did you even see the ESPN report? They have statements from alot of the players who witnessed it. Some reported being hazed for months before that. Their only mistake was for not taking it over the coaches heads to the athletic director, principal and superintendent.
They did take it to the super but he, as the rest tried to cover it up. Backfired on him though.

Now you see he is all about camera time and "telling the truth"

These kids need to be taught a lesson.

Send them to jail and feel what it is like to have something shoved up there.

Let them cry for 2 years there.

I would also block the team from playing for 4 years let all the rift raft get out and start fresh with the 8th graders.
Blame_the_Parent s

Buffalo, NY

#128 Aug 25, 2008
I have to put most of the blame here on the parents.

The father of these kids are most likely the JACKAS* that taught them.

Its cool to do this to the new kids "we did it".

You know what Mr Father your a bigger loser than you son.

LOSER LOSER LOSER.

I hope you feel good knowing that your son will now be a butt chusion for some lifer in Attica!!!

Hope he gets it real good!

Paybacks are a B*TCH!
guyguy

Vestal, NY

#129 Aug 26, 2008
the fact remains something happened on this bus...did it get "blown" out of proportion...I think not...i worked for a childrens home and one staff was up front and one was always about half way back on the bus...simple solution to this problem...again error on the side of the child if these kids are saying something happened then something happened...clothes on or off it is still just wrong...

“Go ahead, make my day.”

Since: Jul 07

Buffalo, NY

#130 Aug 27, 2008
Jailbait wrote:
<quoted text>
They did take it to the super but he, as the rest tried to cover it up. Backfired on him though.
I would also block the team from playing for 4 years let all the rift raft get out and start fresh with the 8th graders.
Well, when Wilson Central School taxpayers have to fork over millions to pay the penalty for a well-earned lawsuit, I'm sure Superintendent Wendt's contract won't be renewed. I wonder if he well put that on his resume!!!

“Go ahead, make my day.”

Buffalo, NY

#131 Aug 27, 2008
Jailbait wrote:
<quoted text>
Well, when Wilson Central School taxpayers have to fork over millions to pay the penalty for a well-earned lawsuit, I'm sure Superintendent Wendt's contract won't be renewed. I wonder if he will put that on his resume!!!

“Go ahead, make my day.”

Buffalo, NY

#132 Aug 27, 2008
commonsense wrote:
I am disgusted that there were problems beforehand and when the victim reported the bullying, he was the one penalized and they did nothing to protect him.
The principal, school board, superintendent, etc. need to be held accountable for not protecting the victim(s) when he needed help.
I am not very proud of where I live and am glad that my nieces and nephews do not live anywhere near here. Wilson Central school district needs MAJOR changes in Zero Tolerance when it comes to any type of abuse, verbal or physical.
I am very ashamed of the district. They did NOTHING last yr. when they KNEW what was going on.
I hope the victims sue everyone involved big time and that the bullies are marked as sexual offenders for life. They did the crime........ they need to do the time and pay for their actions. SHAME ON WILSON SCHOOL DISTRICT AND THE BULLIES PARENTS.
Yes, I quite agree, and hopefully the taxpayers of Wilson will rid themselves of the superintendent, the principal, and the school board members; none of those people are protected by disgusting unions, like those negligent teachers are!!!

After all, it is the taxpayers of Wilson who will be footing the bill here for the negligence, stupidity and down-right nauseating closing of ranks to protect one another amongst these employees!!!

“Go ahead, make my day.”

Buffalo, NY

#133 Aug 29, 2008
commonsense wrote:
"I am disgusted that there were problems beforehand and when the victim reported the bullying, he was the one penalized and they did nothing to protect him.
The principal, school board, superintendent, etc. need to be held accountable for not protecting the victim(s) when he needed help.
I am not very proud of where I live and am glad that my nieces and nephews do not live anywhere near here. Wilson Central school district needs MAJOR changes in Zero Tolerance when it comes to any type of abuse, verbal or physical.
I am very ashamed of the district. They did NOTHING last yr. when they KNEW what was going on.
I hope the victims sue everyone involved big time and that the bullies are marked as sexual offenders for life. They did the crime........ they need to do the time and pay for their actions. SHAME ON WILSON SCHOOL DISTRICT AND THE BULLIES PARENTS."

Yes, I quite agree, and hopefully the taxpayers of Wilson will rid themselves of the superintendent, the principal, and the school board members; none of those people are protected by disgusting unions, like those negligent teachers are!!!

After all, it is the taxpayers of Wilson who will be footing the bill here for the negligence, stupidity and down-right nauseating closing of ranks to protect one another amongst these employees!!!
Doug

Naples, FL

#134 Aug 31, 2008
I've played varsity football and baseball for a big high school in SE Pennsylvania. I also went on playing college baseball at a high level. Never did we abuse any of the underclassmen by beating or sticking anything where the sun don't shine. These kids do this for some sort of sick initiation where we just made the JV carry equipment and water. Hazing, not cool! If kids are messing with others rectums on the team, it needs noticed and handled properly!!!!!
April

United States

#135 Sep 2, 2008
pete wrote:
<quoted text>
The families of the victims have to agree to the plea..first. This case is not going away..it is proceeding as most cases do in the courts. Sealed cases of youths charged with more serious crimes, happens everyday.
What is it that makes you observe things, as being whitewashed or covered up? If things aren't going like you want them to, it is because the victims are agreeing to the direction this is going in..they seem to want a conclusion for the sake of the victims, so they may continue their young lives as students growing up..A BIG part of molding you as an adult!
Lawsuits can proceed to compensate the victims, which are civil in nature and tend to be less invasive, because they are long drawn out proseceedings and the media has little interest in following them, except for the conclusion, when the victims will be in college!
I hope it doesnt go away these boys need to learn a lesson!! Also any other adult on that bus should be punished too!! A school bus is only so big and anyone on that bus knew clearly what was going on!!! There is no excuse! Too bad if the boys gotta carry this with them for the rest of their lives they shouldnt of did it they know right from wrong!!!
April

United States

#136 Sep 2, 2008
Man With No Name wrote:
commonsense wrote:
"I am disgusted that there were problems beforehand and when the victim reported the bullying, he was the one penalized and they did nothing to protect him.
I hope the victims sue everyone involved big time and that the bullies are marked as sexual offenders for life. They did the crime........ they need to do the time and pay for their actions. SHAME ON WILSON SCHOOL DISTRICT AND THE BULLIES PARENTS."
I AGREE 100%!!!!!!!!!
Reader

Buffalo, NY

#137 Sep 3, 2008
Today is the first day of school. How would you like to be the "victim" who is watching over his shoulder all day...are those perps in school too?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 7
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Wilson Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Mark these words Trump Will Win Watch Aug 19 Emblem bike 1
Lockport, NY. A good place to live? (Sep '07) Jun '16 Daneo 11
Bonnie Maier May '16 grossed 2
Andy Skye May '16 Concerned 1
Bald Eagles poisoned with a six month probation... (Oct '15) Oct '15 irishmygirl 1
News 2005 UFO: Triangular-Shaped Craft (Oct '15) Oct '15 Ha Ha 2
News Building heat for Central New York peaks Wednesday (Jul '15) Jul '15 jamal 1

Wilson Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Wilson Mortgages