Marjim Manor: Winery attracts TV show 'Ghost Hunters' 10/15

Sep 26, 2008 Full story: www.lockportjournal.com

APPLETON — The sound of footsteps on the porch. Objects moving around, apparently on their own. A history of mysterious deaths and strange happenings, always at 3 p.m. on a Thursday.

The Winery at Marjim Manor has enough ghost stories to pique the curiosity of any paranormal enthusiast — and now it’s receiving national attention.

The winery will be featured on the Oct. 15 episode of “Ghost Hunters,” a SciFi Channel show that puts the spotlight on places rumored to be haunted.

Full Story
Annie

Washington, DC

#1 Oct 14, 2008
I never was one to believe in ghosts. First of all I used to think that people that say they see ghosts were a little bit crazy, until it happened to me. My husband and I were visitng Marjim Manor last year. I heard about the ghost stories but thought it was just a bunch of bolonie. My husband and I were enjoying a beautiful summer's day walk around the grounds when I happened to see a woman in period dress. She was transparent and it was only for a moment. I got a sick feeling in my stomach and told my husband I did not feel well and wanted to go home. It was not until that night that I told my husband what I had seen. He believed me because he knows me so well. I never told anyone about it. Now I see that T.A.P.S. will be airing a show about the manor on 10/15. I'm sure they will find something. I look forward to watching the show, but I will never go back to the manor. The feeling of sickness and forboding was just too much for me. There is definetley something going on there and I will never foget it.
Pepzi

Buffalo, NY

#2 Oct 16, 2008
Have you told the owners of the Marjim Manor about this? They would probably love to hear about it.

There is a theory that might explain your reaction. I'll try to explain:

Some people believe that other periods of time are operating simultaneously with ours even though we aren't aware of it. When another layer "thins" for a moment, you can glimpse into that layer and sometimes they seem able to glimpse back.(Look for a very famous story of two school teachers who strolled into a garden at Versailles and, for a few brief minutes, seemed to have walked straight into Marie Antoinette's garden complete with gardeners and Queen.) Some of the effects people report from this experience (when experiencing a thinning or merging of two different time periods) is nausea and disorientation.

This theory could well explain what you saw and experienced.
jinn

Syracuse, NY

#3 Nov 20, 2008
i was there a long time ago when it was a nunnery.i heard about the doors opening and shutting there was apath it lead you down a path toa pond with a statue of the virgin mary on the far side of pond . an old shack near the pond had old magazines scattered on the floor ,look and life mags. this place was creepy . i remember the path
bananza

Buffalo, NY

#4 Feb 1, 2009
i've been there i haven't seen all of the cats, but i really do think it is haunted!When my dad told me about it ,and that it was haunted to tell you the truth i was pretty freaked out!I am about 99%sure that when that episode aires that they will say that the winery is haunted. Ok well if you have any questions just post it and i will try to answer them. thank-you-bye bye bye bye

“I ROCK!!!”

Since: Jan 09

Joyzee, NJ

#5 Feb 1, 2009
bananza wrote:
i've been there i haven't seen all of the cats, but i really do think it is haunted!When my dad told me about it ,and that it was haunted to tell you the truth i was pretty freaked out!I am about 99%sure that when that episode aires that they will say that the winery is haunted. Ok well if you have any questions just post it and i will try to answer them. thank-you-bye bye bye bye
What were you told about the winery? Have you ever been there yourself? Tell your dad to bring a camera next time.

William
http://GhostHuntersAddict.com

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Wilson Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Loved ones shocked of tragic accident (May '13) Oct 14 HIGh ya 11
HEALTH: Man bitten by coyote on Sweeney Street ... (Apr '09) Oct 13 HIGh ya 47
Police arrest suspect in kidnap/torture case; m... Oct 8 HIGh ya 2
Review: Steve's Custom Cycle (Jul '10) Oct 4 Ed B from Newfane 10
Convicted sex offender found in college dorm room Sep 29 HIGh ya 1
Buffalo-area man ordered to pay surcharge after... Sep 29 HIGh ya 1
Toxic waste dumped into Niagara River a threat ... Sep 29 StephDad 2
Wilson Dating
Find my Match

Wilson Jobs