Wolf, Gorman were counseled by principal

Wolf, Gorman were counseled by principal

There are 10 comments on the Journal-Register story from Jul 27, 2008, titled Wolf, Gorman were counseled by principal. In it, Journal-Register reports that:

Residents of this hamlet in the Town of Wilson were shocked by the news that two of their own died Saturday in an apparent murder/suicide. The Niagara County Sheriff's Department reported that Shawn Wolf, 19, ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Journal-Register.

Michele

Camden, ME

#1 Jul 28, 2008
Did principal notice red flags that there was trouble? Why would he counsel if there were not problems and did he notify anyone with concern?
MeanMichele

Hamburg, NY

#2 Jul 28, 2008
probably the best thing to do in this situation is finding someone to blame I'm thinking.
tina shawns sister

Lewiston, ME

#3 Jul 28, 2008
at wilson most students visit the guidance counselor and the principal, just to talk. no my brother nor kari were messed up kids that needed counseling at school. wilson cares about all their kids. there were no red flags either. i think we would have known. my brother and i were very close and so was i/my family with kari. my heart goes out to the gormans.

Since: Apr 08

AOL

#4 Jul 29, 2008
tina shawns sister wrote:
at wilson most students visit the guidance counselor and the principal, just to talk. no my brother nor kari were messed up kids that needed counseling at school. wilson cares about all their kids. there were no red flags either. i think we would have known. my brother and i were very close and so was i/my family with kari. my heart goes out to the gormans.
We are all sorry for your loss. And your right the kids all go see the people at school. And just to talk ! Not because they have to be there .
Again we are sorry for the loss of Kari & Shawn. The world will be a much sadder place with out them
student from wilson

Niagara Falls, NY

#5 Jul 30, 2008
tina shawns sister wrote:
You are right Tina, your brother did not appear to need counseling. As a matter of fact he was in a few of my classes and disliked Mr. Johnson the principal. It is a shame that he would captilize on this and make like your brother talked to him on a regular basis. My parents heard this and were upset that the principal would even counsel students when he is not qualified as a counselor or therapist. It seems like Wilson always is trying to make themselves look good in the media. My heartfelt sympathies to you and your family. Your brother was a wonderful person and I will always remember him. My prayers go out to you.
Rob

Rochester, NY

#6 Jul 30, 2008
I am a teacher in another district and last time I checked the principal of a school is not a licensed counselor. I had Mr. Johnson as a teacher way back 15 years ago and he would be the last person that I would pour my feelings out to. He has no idea how to counsel, look at how he has been handling the hazing case in recent months.

I am so sorry for your loss and my prayers go out to the families. My husband raced with Rebel Rick -(Kari's father) at Ransomville Speedway. They are a great family and we are praying for you!

AOL

#7 Jul 31, 2008
Rob wrote:
I am a teacher in another district and last time I checked the principal of a school is not a licensed counselor. I had Mr. Johnson as a teacher way back 15 years ago and he would be the last person that I would pour my feelings out to. He has no idea how to counsel, look at how he has been handling the hazing case in recent months.
I am so sorry for your loss and my prayers go out to the families. My husband raced with Rebel Rick -(Kari's father) at Ransomville Speedway. They are a great family and we are praying for you!
Rebel Rick is not Kari's Dad. Kari's Dad is Jim ,her Mom is Kim. The last names are pronounced alike. But two differant familys .(And are both great familys ).Just thought you should know ok. Try to have a good day.
RIP Kari & Shawn
Rob

Rochester, NY

#8 Jul 31, 2008
Wilson Mom wrote:
<quoted text>
Rebel Rick is not Kari's Dad. Kari's Dad is Jim ,her Mom is Kim. The last names are pronounced alike. But two differant familys .(And are both great familys ).Just thought you should know ok. Try to have a good day.
RIP Kari & Shawn
My apologies for mixing up the families. I was told that was his Rick's daughter - my bad. I am still praying for them.

AOL

#9 Aug 1, 2008
Rob wrote:
<quoted text>
My apologies for mixing up the families. I was told that was his Rick's daughter - my bad. I am still praying for them.
Just wanted you to know the differance. Of course you would still pray. I didn't want you to see R.Rick and tell him you where sorry about his daughter...The mix up was easy to do .Try to have a good day...
Anne

Camden, ME

#10 Aug 4, 2008
I am sorry for both families...my prayers are with both of them....so so sorry!!!!!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Wilson Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
shannondoah farms (Aug '10) Nov '15 Love one 120
Matthew Michalak Nov '15 Victim 1
Looking for Biological Parents (Aug '12) Nov '15 wolfdancer 10
Bald Eagles poisoned with a six month probation... Oct '15 irishmygirl 1
News 2005 UFO: Triangular-Shaped Craft Oct '15 Ha Ha 2
Gina Paolucci (Jan '06) Aug '15 Mr Hastings 5
News Building heat for Central New York peaks Wednesday (Jul '15) Jul '15 jamal 1
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Wilson Mortgages