curious george

Sikeston, MO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 19, 2009

When did Wesson Farms start? Was it originally part of Wilson Plantation?
what lies

Blytheville, AR

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 20, 2009

curious George, I wish you would get on your computer, and look up all of this stuff you are curious.
I guess you want to see if slaves went from Wilson to Wesson.
This has been a wonderful place to raise a family.
Times are changing, not for better but worse everywhere.
curious george

Sikeston, MO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 20, 2009

Well, first off you should comprehend what you read. Not what you want to read. I not once said, stated, nor implied that Wesson Farm had slaves did I????! So what is the history of Wesson Farm??
for your info

Bono, AR

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 23, 2009

I don't know when or how it started but the guy that is running the farm right now is really a nice guy!
I can answer for you

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 25, 2009

Victoria Wilson, now Victoria Wesson, was given a town of her own, which is called Victoria, for a wedding gift. She married Frank Wesson, may he rest in peace, which is where the name "Wesson Farms" came from.

Does that help any?
GEE MAN

Grapevine, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 28, 2010

sorry but that is incorrect.Years ago Lee Wesson married Lee Wilson's daughter,and they started working the land over there, they had 2 sons Frank, and Lee, then a daughter and they named her Victoria,I lived there for many years.Also the Wesson's owned a lot of property,like the whole block where the goodyear store,and the government building,and used to be piggly wiggly gro. store.also half of the Smith & Wesson gun co. and all the John Deere dealerships.in Bly,Osceola,Joiner,Monette,the list keeps on and on.Frank Wesson never got married,and after their father Lee passed away from having a heart attack watching his gin burn down,His son Lee who is living in Memphis now took over and helped run things while Frank worked with his cattle you remember the big charlais cow on side of enterstate 55 that cow's name was The General Lee, won many titles.I could tell more but getting late ,
GEE MAN

Grapevine, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 1, 2010

GEE MAN wrote:
sorry but that is incorrect.Years ago Lee Wesson married Lee Wilson's daughter,and they started working the land over there, they had 2 sons Frank, and Lee, then a daughter and they named her Victoria,I lived there for many years.Also the Wesson's owned a lot of property,like the whole block where the goodyear store,and the government building,and used to be piggly wiggly gro. store.also half of the Smith & Wesson gun co. and all the John Deere dealerships.in Bly,Osceola,Joiner,Monette,the list keeps on and on.Frank Wesson never got married,and after their father Lee passed away from having a heart attack watching his gin burn down,His son Lee who is living in Memphis now took over and helped run things while Frank worked with his cattle you remember the big charlais cow on side of enterstate 55 that cow's name was The General Lee, won many titles.I could tell more but getting late ,
FORGOT mrs.wesson's name was Matilda,she named her daughter Victoria, now Matilda had a sister named Marie.Those towns were given to them.
Red

Memphis, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 9, 2010

Mr. Wesson's mother (the Mr. Wesson that started Wesson Farms) was Victoria Wilson. Matilda Wesson's (Mr. Wesson's wife) maiden name was Overton, as in Overton Park in Memphis.
Red is right

Sarasota, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 5, 2010

Victoria Wilson (REL Wilson's daughter)married Frank Herbert Wesson (president of S&W) and had son Frank Lee Wesson (also president of S&W) who married Mathilde Overton from Memphis. They had 3 children Lee, Victoria and Frank Hawes Wesson. Frank Hawes took over running the farm after his father died and after Frank the 3rd died his sister Victoria took over running the farm and has done so to date. Make no mistakes about it. Victoria is the boss in Victoria! And there were never any slaves at either Lee Wilson Company or Wesson Farms......
Red is right

Sarasota, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 5, 2010

Victoria Wilson's sister was named Marie Wilson hence the towns Marie and Victoria.
Red is right

Sarasota, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 5, 2010

Frank Herbert Wesson/Victoria Wilson Wesson and son Frank Lee Wesson ended up with "Wesson Farms" after Lee Wilson Company was broken up. REL Wilson had 3 grandsons Joe (Marie's Son), REL the 3rd, and Frank Lee Wesson. The govt't had said Lee Wilson and company couldn't grow anymore so REL Wilson started putting land into his "trusted" friends name (Jim Crane). Not liking the "Yankee" interloper in Frank Lee Wesson who was most likely to take over running Lee Wilson Company... The other Wilson's and Crane family, in conjunction with a corrupt Arkansas Court took most of Lee Wilson Company and Frank Herbert Wesson/Victoria Wilson Wesson and son Frank Lee Wesson ended up with the land in Victoria. Yes, 99% of the land the Crane's own in Mississippi County was STOLEN from Lee Wilson Co albeit with the help of some of the Wilson's in order to better feather their own pockets. This is now mostly ancient history, but they are the facts
really

Blytheville, AR

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 29, 2010

Red is right wrote:
Frank Herbert Wesson/Victoria Wilson Wesson and son Frank Lee Wesson ended up with "Wesson Farms" after Lee Wilson Company was broken up. REL Wilson had 3 grandsons Joe (Marie's Son), REL the 3rd, and Frank Lee Wesson. The govt't had said Lee Wilson and company couldn't grow anymore so REL Wilson started putting land into his "trusted" friends name (Jim Crane). Not liking the "Yankee" interloper in Frank Lee Wesson who was most likely to take over running Lee Wilson Company... The other Wilson's and Crane family, in conjunction with a corrupt Arkansas Court took most of Lee Wilson Company and Frank Herbert Wesson/Victoria Wilson Wesson and son Frank Lee Wesson ended up with the land in Victoria. Yes, 99% of the land the Crane's own in Mississippi County was STOLEN from Lee Wilson Co albeit with the help of some of the Wilson's in order to better feather their own pockets. This is now mostly ancient history, but they are the facts
Their name is spelled "Crain" you would think you would know that considering the fact you are making these allegations. What about the Crain land in Craighead and lee Counties in Arkansas and in Tunica County Mississippi and in Tipton County Tennessee, who did they steal that ground from ?? I certainly would not dispute the fact that most of the "Crain" land was at one time part of Lee Wilson and Company, however, I was always told that Mr. Jim Crain purchased Joe Nelson's part of the estate because Joe had no interest in the land and preferred to have cash.
good thing

Trumann, AR

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 30, 2010

Judged:

well it's a good thing it was paid for/taken from...whatever it was b/c now things will likely fall apart due to the gaylon lawrence clan buying out lee wilson company...heard they are too difficult to mess with...sad day for sure!
really wrote:
<quoted text>
Their name is spelled "Crain" you would think you would know that considering the fact you are making these allegations. What about the Crain land in Craighead and lee Counties in Arkansas and in Tunica County Mississippi and in Tipton County Tennessee, who did they steal that ground from ?? I certainly would not dispute the fact that most of the "Crain" land was at one time part of Lee Wilson and Company, however, I was always told that Mr. Jim Crain purchased Joe Nelson's part of the estate because Joe had no interest in the land and preferred to have cash.
plow boy

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 30, 2010

Is the Lawrence clan trying to buy Wessen Farms as well?
Billy Scholtz

Winston Salem, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 7, 2010

I am a South African who used to be friends with Frank.
Any Wesson still living on the farm. I spend some wonderful times on the farm, and the house near Boston with the family in the late 1970's
Lib

Atlanta, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 8, 2011

May I ask who this is? I also lived on Wesson Farm for a long time.
GEE MAN wrote:
Tie

Fort Worth, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 27, 2011

Lib wrote:
May I ask who this is? I also lived on Wesson Farm for a long time.
<quoted text>
My grandpa was a struglen mucian whom stoped for work for a while there on the wessonfarm anyway he said it was rumored to have a tunnel from one home to the main home? Just wondering
Lib

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 28, 2011

I lived there a long time never heard of or knew of any tunnel.

Jonesboro, AR

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 15, 2011

Tie wrote:
<quoted text>My grandpa was a struggle mucian whom stoped for work for a while there on the wessonfarm anyway he said it was rumored to have a tunnel from one home to the main home? Just wondering
Don't now about the tunnel but there was a house across the road from Wesson Farm Headquarters (Late 1970's) that could rotate 360 on a turnstile.
Lib

Atlanta, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 17, 2011

None of that is ture. There was no tunnel nor a rotateing house.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Wilson Discussions

Search the Wilson Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
Did you vote today? (Jun '10) 10 min guest 29,076
Mi Pueblo 1 hr guest 8
Mary Odom 4 hr fassdle 21
edwardfreeman 11 hr lisa 19
Big River Steel (Jan '14) 12 hr Lol 115
Larry Bowen and Sondra Windord 12 hr Guest 15
Christie Harris (Jul '13) 20 hr Prettyface 16
•••
•••