First Prev
of 29
Next Last
TRUTH-N-NUTHIN BUT

Houston, TX

#1 Oct 24, 2007
Does anyone know of any Carrs still living in this area?
Jim

United States

#2 Oct 25, 2007
I haven't heard that name for a long time but I do remember some Carr's living there when I lived in the Wilson / Osceola area. Sally Carr in particular. She was little cutie when she was a cheerleader at Wilson. Also, remember Rachel Carr. Maybe someone will know if they are still in the area. Also the Cash's, Crook's, and Atchley's, and Godsey's, etc.
anonymous

United States

#3 Oct 25, 2007
yep, all of them are still around.
ATCHLEY - GODSEY

Jonesboro, AR

#5 Oct 28, 2007
Jim wrote:
I haven't heard that name for a long time but I do remember some Carr's living there when I lived in the Wilson / Osceola area. Sally Carr in particular. She was little cutie when she was a cheerleader at Wilson. Also, remember Rachel Carr. Maybe someone will know if they are still in the area. Also the Cash's, Crook's, and Atchley's, and Godsey's, etc.
Yes all the Atchley's & Godsey's (still living are still around.
The Crook's & Cash's are also still around.
JUST A NOTE

Jonesboro, AR

#6 Oct 28, 2007
TRUTH-N-NUTHIN BUT wrote:
Billy jo is my real dad,but i have never met him. Just kind of wondering. I seen pat in osceola not too long ago. I beleive there was a bubba to and i think he had a daughter that worked at ag i think
BUBBA CARR IS DEAD & BURIED AT SWIFTS. DO NOT KNOW WHERE BILLY JOE IS.7691
TRUTH-N-NUTHIN BUT

Houston, TX

#7 Oct 29, 2007
Thanks if anyone one knows anymore please inform me. Enjoy the conversations.
flybynight

Lake City, AR

#9 Dec 6, 2007
I can't remember her name but i had an aunt that gave me wrestling tickets in memphis. She was always at papa willards.
Truth-n-nuthin but,I am Billy joe's cousin.I can hook you up.What was your mother's name?
TRUTH-N-NUTHIN BUT

Houston, TX

#10 Dec 14, 2007
Mary you don't have to hook me up i was just checking to see how everyone was doin but tell everyone i said hi.

Since: Nov 07

Jonesboro, AR

#11 Dec 14, 2007
Does anyone have any good or funny memories of Island 35 that you would like to share? Does anyone remember Dixie Godsey and the scarey stories she would tell her grandchildren.

Does anyone have any good/funny memories of Island 35? Does anyone remember swinging on a grapevine until we broke it or going swimming in the Miss. river and having to wait until we got dry before going home, to stay out of trouble? Anybody out there ever caught a polywog in a slough? Life was so simple then.

Any reponses????
the avatar

United States

#12 Dec 18, 2007
Does anyone have any good/funny memories of Island 35? Does anyone remember swinging on a grapevine until we broke it or going swimming in the Miss. river and having to wait until we got dry before going home, to stay out of trouble? Anybody out there ever caught a polywog in a slough? Life was so simple then.
Any reponses????Glady Byford Turner wrote a book, "Memories of Island 35". Sounds like what you are looking for. I have a copy,somewhere...
1mom

United States

#13 Jan 5, 2008
Coffee Cup wrote:
Does anyone have any good or funny memories of Island 35 that you would like to share? Does anyone remember Dixie Godsey and the scarey stories she would tell her grandchildren.
Any reponses????
Dixie Godsey was my great-grandmother. I was young when she passed away. I have heard some of her stories from my uncle and dad. I wish I could have heard more of them.
madee in tn

United States

#14 Jan 5, 2008
I remember being told about the island by my neighbor. She was a Carr and had lived there in the 70's when her babies were small....Her name was Amanda.
mudrat

Newport, AR

#15 Jan 6, 2008
Jim wrote:
they are all on the osceola forum
no left turns

Lake Charles, LA

#16 Jan 29, 2008
I remember one night we left eric meadows out there by his self and that little bast@rd beat us back to Osceola. Many a night at Island 35, and the blue hole
Jerry

Blytheville, AR

#17 Mar 4, 2008
Does anyone know of any Carrs still living in this area?
Rocky Carr is my neighbor
Jerry

Blytheville, AR

#18 Mar 4, 2008
ATCHLEY - GODSEY wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes all the Atchley's & Godsey's (still living are still around.
The Crook's & Cash's are also still around.
I work with James Godsey. He did live in Wilson

Since: Feb 08

United States

#19 Mar 4, 2008
I remember when I was in college, I came home for the weekend and a friend of mine from Paragould hooked up with two guys from Keiser and went dancing on Island 35. To my knowledge that was the only time I'd ever been there. We really had a good time. If my memory serves me, HP Cash was running it. Does anyone remember this club?
Steve S

Galesburg, IL

#20 Mar 4, 2008
I remember the club. HP ran the island. The club was probably a little tamer by the time you were in college than in earlier years. There was a time that if you didn't live on the island or had friends on the island, you had no business going over there.
Old Seminole

State University, AR

#21 Mar 4, 2008
Steve S wrote:
I remember the club. HP ran the island. The club was probably a little tamer by the time you were in college than in earlier years. There was a time that if you didn't live on the island or had friends on the island, you had no business going over there.
I went over there with some friends one time to check it out. When I told my dad I had been over there it got on to me real good. He told me to stay away from there, I didn't have any buisness over there.
plsmls

Lake City, AR

#22 Mar 5, 2008
Steve S wrote:
I remember driving to the old wooden bridge that crossed the chute one night and the water was so high it covered the bridge. We watched as a VW bug went across, and thought it would get washed off anytime. Do you remember that H.P. always had a gun up under his blanket that was over his legs? I never was there myself but this has always been like an urban legend around here!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 29
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Wilson Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Poll Did you vote today? (Jun '10) 21 min guest 42,212
Chris Snyder 1 hr Bill 4
Bardstown American greetings 15 hr guest 2
Bassett merchantile Co 16 hr jrand80 1
does any one know lee robinson (Mar '09) Thu lixi 17
fight at american greetings (Nov '10) Wed Helper 46
Places Hiring (Apr '17) Wed geeman 10

Wilson Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance