Should drug dealers be charged with m...

Should drug dealers be charged with murder by drug overdose

Created by deray on Jan 23, 2013

88 votes

Click on an option to vote

Yes: they know they are killing others

No: it is the addicts fault

Undecided: I or my family that deal drugs

First Prev
of 4
Next Last

Since: Dec 09

Falls of Rough, Kentucky

#1 Jan 23, 2013
Some comments about charges against a drug dealer in Winchester Kentucky.

Police are charging Salyers with wanton murder. According to the Kentucky Revised Statutes, wanton murder includes when a person “wantonly engages in conduct which creates a grave risk of death to another person and thereby causes the death of another person.”

The police will be pursuing suspected drug dealers aggressively, Hall said, including murder charges for overdoses.

“If it wasn’t for the dealers, we wouldn’t have a problem, " Hall said.“We’re going to take this very seriously.”

Falls of Rough, Kentucky

#2 Jan 23, 2013
nteresting law in NH.

"Any person who manufactures, sells or dispenses methamphetamine, lysergic acid (LSD), PCP, or any other controlled drug classified in schedule I, II, or any controlled drug analog there of, in violation of RSA 318-B:2, is strictly liable for a death which results from the injection, inhalation or ingestion of that substance and may be sentenced to imprisonment for life or for such term as the court may order."
Public Opinion

United States

#3 Jan 23, 2013
Absolutely.
guy

Tucker, GA

#4 Jan 23, 2013
Murder - no.

Negligent manslaughter - absolutely.
Hmmmm

Louisville, KY

#5 Jan 24, 2013
I kind of agree with you, "Guy". You should be held responsible but not to the same charges as someone who blows someone's head off. Negligent manslaughter sounds about right
the truth

United States

#6 Jan 24, 2013
Shouldn't booze companies be help responsibly for drinking driving deaths??
Hmmmm

Louisville, KY

#7 Jan 24, 2013
Not necessarily because while drunk driving isn't legal, responsible drinking is. There are no circumstances where illegally obtaining illegal drugs is okay, EVER.
the truth

United States

#8 Jan 24, 2013
Hmmmm wrote:
Not necessarily because while drunk driving isn't legal, responsible drinking is. There are no circumstances where illegally obtaining illegal drugs is okay, EVER.
So, someone takes their medication, become addicted, who's responsible?
While on their pain killers for broken leg or what ever, they decide to drive their car, and crash into a baby... Should we blame the doctor, the pharm. company? Who?
the truth

United States

#9 Jan 24, 2013
Hmmmm wrote:
This country has a problem with taking the blame when it's our fault.
Did the drug dealer force the drugs into the guy, no he willing bought them, he had to think about the money, the place to get it, what to do after...
But we should put more people in jail, right...
Hmmmm

Louisville, KY

#10 Jan 24, 2013
the truth wrote:
<quoted text>
So, someone takes their medication, become addicted, who's responsible?
While on their pain killers for broken leg or what ever, they decide to drive their car, and crash into a baby... Should we blame the doctor, the pharm. company? Who?
Then it would be the driver's fault, because when you're given a prescription for a narcotic, it states that you should not operate heavy machinery (a motor vehicle included) while on the medication or at least until you know how it affects you. A person knows when they're high, and even if it is a prescribed medication, they know they shouldn't drive. The warning label should release the doctor and pharmacy from liability. It is ONLY the driver's fault
Hmmmm

Louisville, KY

#11 Jan 24, 2013
the truth wrote:
<quoted text>
This country has a problem with taking the blame when it's our fault.
Did the drug dealer force the drugs into the guy, no he willing bought them, he had to think about the money, the place to get it, what to do after...
But we should put more people in jail, right...
Yes, I agree people don't know how to take responsibility. However, the dealer knowingly committed a crime. They KNOWINGLY gave someone a drug and knew they could overdose. While it is the fault of the overdoser that they chose to take the drug, it is also partially the dealer's fault or illegally distributing an illegal substance. If I felt that it was only the dealer's fault, I would say charge them with murder, but I don't feel they're solely responsible, hence the negligent manslaughter.
the truth

United States

#12 Jan 24, 2013
Hmmmm wrote:
<quoted text>Yes, I agree people don't know how to take responsibility. However, the dealer knowingly committed a crime. They KNOWINGLY gave someone a drug and knew they could overdose. While it is the fault of the overdoser that they chose to take the drug, it is also partially the dealer's fault or illegally distributing an illegal substance. If I felt that it was only the dealer's fault, I would say charge them with murder, but I don't feel they're solely responsible, hence the negligent manslaughter.
The dealer is in no way responsible for what they do later.
Should we change big pharma if someone od's on their "medicine"
the truth

United States

#13 Jan 24, 2013
Hmmmm wrote:
<quoted text>Yes, I agree people don't know how to take responsibility. However, the dealer knowingly committed a crime. They KNOWINGLY gave someone a drug and knew they could overdose. While it is the fault of the overdoser that they chose to take the drug, it is also partially the dealer's fault or illegally distributing an illegal substance. If I felt that it was only the dealer's fault, I would say charge them with murder, but I don't feel they're solely responsible, hence the negligent manslaughter.
You don't seem to understand reality... I am done
Hmmmm

Louisville, KY

#14 Jan 24, 2013
So I'm assuming you have no decent rebuttal? Good day, sir
Hmmmm

Louisville, KY

#15 Jan 24, 2013
the truth wrote:
<quoted text>
The dealer is in no way responsible for what they do later.
Should we change big pharma if someone od's on their "medicine"
If the patient took the proper dose and overdosed, then te doctor is at fault. If the patient took more and overdosed, the patient is a fault. Common sense, really

Falls of Rough, Kentucky

#16 Jan 24, 2013
We are talking about illegal drugs, given to addicts by dealers. Legal drugs could fall under that description in the way the pill mills give out drugs in Florida to people that live in Kentucky. If it can be proven then (doctors) should held accountable as drug dealers also.

Very rare that a patient would overdose on a prescription given by a legitimate practicing doctor if the patient is following directions, not abusing the prescription in some way. But if it is a pill mill (drug dealing situation) than the doctor would definitely be at fault, just like the drug dealer on the street would be at fault and should be charged under the same laws as any other drug dealer. Common sense in that.
the truth

Lexington, KY

#17 Jan 24, 2013
deray wrote:
We are talking about illegal drugs, given to addicts by dealers. Legal drugs could fall under that description in the way the pill mills give out drugs in Florida to people that live in Kentucky. If it can be proven then (doctors) should held accountable as drug dealers also.

Very rare that a patient would overdose on a prescription given by a legitimate practicing doctor if the patient is following directions, not abusing the prescription in some way. But if it is a pill mill (drug dealing situation) than the doctor would definitely be at fault, just like the drug dealer on the street would be at fault and should be charged under the same laws as any other drug dealer. Common sense in that.
Ok well a drug addict has taken enough of the drug to become addicted, if they take to much it was THEIR fault.
Charge the dealer with distribution and MOVE ON

Falls of Rough, Kentucky

#18 Jan 25, 2013
Charge the drug dealer with murder, if the dealer with the drug was not out on the streets many people would not be addicted or overdosed.

I think the United States of America should make it a federal enforceable crime, based on what the United Arab Emirates is doing.

UAE: Death Sentence Handed Down To Briton Convicted On Drug Charges.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/06/26/uae-...

They also have the death penalty for child molesters.

They have very little problem with either crime in their country. A firing squad can make a big difference if it is carried out in a short time. If some of the criminals in this country knew they would be executed much of this foolishness like drug dealing would stop more or less overnight.

Falls of Rough, Kentucky

#19 Jan 25, 2013
About 32 countries have the death penalty for drug dealing or drug possession.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Capital_punishme...
the truth

Lexington, KY

#20 Jan 25, 2013
deray wrote:
Charge the drug dealer with murder, if the dealer with the drug was not out on the streets many people would not be addicted or overdosed.

I think the United States of America should make it a federal enforceable crime, based on what the United Arab Emirates is doing.

UAE: Death Sentence Handed Down To Briton Convicted On Drug Charges.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/06/26/uae-...

They also have the death penalty for child molesters.

They have very little problem with either crime in their country. A firing squad can make a big difference if it is carried out in a short time. If some of the criminals in this country knew they would be executed much of this foolishness like drug dealing would stop more or less overnight.
Ok, so the government can give out drugs with harmful side effects, but John stoner will get life or the death penalty for a bag of weed.
Great morals.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 4
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Wilmore Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
I wiped myA ss all over the door 28 min CoonInCowboyHatt 1
Kroger 35 min ihatefrowners 8
How Did Dianna maynard pass away?? 39 min ihateloosers 22
Clara Brooks on backpage 41 min Untold truth 5
amanda 57 min truealphawolfgirl 6
Ashley Judd Stay Away 1 hr Red buddy systemss 8
party last night 1 hr Yay 9

Wilmore Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance