Hopeless

Hamilton, OH

#1 Mar 27, 2013
How do you let go of someone you love? How do you forget all about them, when you know the feeling you get with them is everything you've ever wanted? How do you make yourself move on, when deep down you know it's what they want too, they are just too afraid of getting hurt to act on it? Maybe it's hopeless, maybe it's not meant to be.
Truth

Hamilton, OH

#2 Mar 28, 2013
If that someone loved and cared for you letting go would be no option. In life we make sacrifices, and if that person can't see how much you care or they don't care in return, love yourself enough to walk away. That should be all the reason you need to have.
My two cents

Ray, OH

#3 Mar 28, 2013
How long have you been with this person? If they are not wanting to be with you, then I would let that person go, no matter how hard it is....because if you feel like you have to beg them to stay, then you never had them to begin with. They should want to be with you because THEY want to. If not, then you are just hurting yourself.
My two cents

Ray, OH

#4 Mar 28, 2013
Did this person tell you they wanted to be with you?
Hopeless

Hamilton, OH

#5 Mar 28, 2013
Who said anything about begging? Been together 4 years.
Hopeless

Hamilton, OH

#6 Mar 28, 2013
I agree, if you have to beg it's not there.
My two cents

Ray, OH

#7 Mar 28, 2013
I'm sorry, didn't mean that the way it came out. Just sounded like you we're not with this person and are wanting to be. What are they too afraid to act on to keep from getting hurt then if you are already together? It takes two, and if the other person doesn't want to be with you, then you are just doing yourself more harm by hanging on to someone that doesn't love you enough to stay. I would take a road trip, hang out with friends, something to try to take your mind off of things. Give yourself time to get over. It is better to be alone and happy than stuck with someone that doesn't love you back and miserable.
Hopeless

Hamilton, OH

#8 Mar 28, 2013
Almost seemed like you thought you knew the situation. Anyway, I need commitment and he's afraid. One day it's good the next he's not sure. Says he wants to be with me but actions say differant.
My two cents

Ray, OH

#9 Mar 28, 2013
Yeah, I have been in that situation before. It is definitely no fun. It took me almost five years to realize I was better off without him, because I loved him so much. That was 14 years ago. Now, I have been married to an awesome man for 7 years, but I would have missed out in what I have now if I would have stayed with the last guy. Trust me, you want someone that wants you, and wants to be with you as much as you do them. If he doesn't, then you are just killing time. Don't settle for less than what you deserve.
Hopeless

Hamilton, OH

#10 Mar 28, 2013
Thanks so much for the advice. The initial step of letting go is the hardest. Also the fear of being alone forever.
My two cents

Ray, OH

#11 Mar 28, 2013
Hopeless wrote:
Thanks so much for the advice. The initial step of letting go is the hardest. Also the fear of being alone forever.
Very true, but if you stay strong, you will make it and in the end find someone that will truly love you. Chin up! It will get better. Something my momma always told me...nothing ever stays the same forever...look at that in a good way and roll on to someone that does deserve you.:)

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Wilmington Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Logan Hensley 2 hr Curious 1
Tiffany Miller (Jan '16) 8 hr BigDaddyD 13
Paul Neanover 16 hr BlahBleh223 1
kayla sowers 19 hr BlahBleh 5
Wilmington Music Thread (Jul '14) Tue Musikologist 9
Donatos Tue Hurr 1
Halona and teddy Aug 13 Bud 8

Wilmington Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance