Bam

Jacksonville, NC

#1 Dec 22, 2017
The Excess skin after GROSS. And the way their face looks after SCARY seriously. Why would anyone get one I don’t understand?
Skinny

Jacksonville, NC

#2 Dec 31, 2017
It’s the lazy way out, of course your going to lose weight. I would be embarrassed to say I got one and was fat enough to even get one.
Lol

Jacksonville, NC

#3 Jan 2, 2018
Hmmm, can't you just cut open my torso and ruin my internal organs permanently so I physically CANNOT eat like a barn animal
Amused

Jacksonville, NC

#4 Jan 2, 2018
They act like they achieved their weight loss with loads of sweat and hard work and eating right!
Yucky

Jacksonville, NC

#5 Jan 4, 2018
The loose, flabby skin they have after yuck I would hate to see them naked with their inflated boobs. Ha ha ha
Just saying

Jacksonville, NC

#6 Feb 6, 2018
Patients with morbid obesity are more likely to have mental health problems than the general population anyway, so we see a higher prevalence of mental illness diagnoses prior to bariatric surgery," Dr Bhatti told Medscape Medical News.

"Mental problems" who knew? LOL
Pathetic

Jacksonville, NC

#8 Feb 6, 2018
In order to qualify for bariatric surgery, patients need to have a Body Mass Index (BMI) higher than 40, or more than 100 pounds overweight. Now that is chunky he he
My two cents

Jacksonville, NC

#9 Feb 7, 2018
First off, weight loss surgery is calorie restriction (unfortunately it's also malnutrition). Anything that's done through the surgery can be done through limiting caloric intake. It's a starvation diet.

Second, the surgery is easier for the patient, otherwise they wouldn't choose it over simply dieting. The idea that's it's a harder path is one that I hear often. It's used to gain sympathy, but it's simply untrue. It is a shortcut. That's why it was taken.

Third, such a diet can not only present side effects (as far as I'm concerned, it's a 100% chance), but those effects last a lifetime. And this is my contention.

"Weight loss" surgery is body modification that disrupts the natural functioning of said body. In all facets, the surgery is (far less desirable than simple dieting.) It modifies the functions in sometimes unpredictable ways leading to complications.

Vitamin deficiencies are common after weight loss surgery, but here they don’t tell us how common. I love how they instead claim that “Vitamin/Protein malnutrition is a result of non-compliance with vitamin recommendations and food sources”. Really?

Another explanation could be that vitamin / protein malnutrition is a result of removing or disconnecting the organs that absorb vitamins and protein. But of course then doctors couldn’t just blame the fat patient.

Bottom line
Why isn’t weight loss surgery the solution to the obesity epidemic? There’s a simple answer:

Removing healthy organs is not the solution to bad food.
Be real

Jacksonville, NC

#10 Mar 2, 2018
Nobody is “jealous” of a three hundred pounder just to let you know. Lol
Honest

Jacksonville, NC

#11 Mar 2, 2018
Be real wrote:
Nobody is “jealous” of a three hundred pounder just to let you know. Lol
Or someone that has lost a lot of weight with loose skin! I don’t know what’s worse!!!
NoMoFat

Rocky Point, NC

#12 Mar 7, 2018
Cost-free weight loss program: STOP EATING FAT FOOD!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Wilmington Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Pet sitter Dec 9 Amyd5884 1
jason mullis (Jun '13) Nov '18 Anja 11
Anthony E. Bramble (Dec '09) Oct '18 Baby Sister 13
News When Hurricane Florence took down electricity a... Sep '18 Solarman 1
News Florence the week after: Thousands brace for mo... Sep '18 Ron 1
News The Latest: NC officials say flooding far from ... Sep '18 concerned 1
Where should I go. Sep '18 Hidethesausage 4

Wilmington Jobs

Personal Finance

Wilmington Mortgages