of the puppet master

#34378 Feb 2, 2013
Silvercoastcorks wrote:
<quoted text>\
"Silvercoastcorks wrote:
<quoted text>
Democrat = sympathizer
Just like the men folk who have sympathetic "labor pains"
And just what is wrong with sympathizing? I think it is a good trait. Being non empathetic is a poor trait."
-"Sympathizing" as listening to someone's problem while agreeing that the person is right.
-"Empathizing" as listening to someone's problem and emotionally connecting to how the person feels about this problem, without judging whether the person is right or wrong.
Now that we have established the difference between the two, I think answer is pretty clear but I will elaborate. I found this idea and it might help you understand better Mike...
"First thing that I want to share is that sympathy and empathy are not the same thing. Sympathy is about feeling sorry for people and wanting to help them with their problems. When we are in this mode of thinking, we offer suggestions, try to help and worry for them. It is full of phrases like:“Oh, what a shame.”“That’s too bad.”“That’s awful.” Empathy on the other hand, is about understanding the difficulties and pain that someone is going through, without getting involved. It has more neutral phrases like:“That can be a very challenging problem or situation.”“That seems to be very painful.”“You seem to be struggling with it.” You’re acknowledging other people’s problems without owning them.
That difference is very important for a psychic person because we have a tendency to take on the problems of the world as our own. It is important not to do this because we are less likely to want to help them. And helping other people is what makes us feel good about ourselves. To put this another way: If we want to feel good about ourselves and help people, then we have to learn how to have empathy without sympathy. We must have compassion for others, but not live their problems with them."
The most important statement in all of that is...
"We must have compassion for others, but not live their problems with them"
All democrats are trying to live others problems and fix them with out being asked...like gun control, taxing the wealthy, entitlement programs...
Most republicans don't follow the democrats notion because we expect people to help themselves, then help others. You disagree, of course, for whatever reason.
I think your misunderstanding of sympathy and empathy are some of the reasons why you disagree with how my wife and I raised our kids. Which you can have your opinion, but, you don't have a say. I asked for an address and you renig'd. So, you don't get a say.
And contrary to what you might think Mike, we ALL see and know you are not an expert on everything. We ALL see how much of a coward and full of shit you really are.
I'd tell you to go eat a dick, but I know you'd enjoy it convict.
http://weilerpsiblog.wordpress.com/2009/07/15...
Not sure what being a psychic has to do with anything?

What I see in this article is a person who is trying to justify not helping others. I know you are so selfish, like a typical republican that you refuse to allow the power of the country to help people. Your lack of sympathy for them shows you have no empathy in general.

No one expects you to fix the world, and no one is asking you to do so. But when the community(America)comes together to help, it has more power than just an individual.

We can see in America, this collective help keeps many from starving and from dying of lack of shelter as what happens in countries that have no safety nets.

The taxes you paid evidently did not stop you from having what you and your family needs, so your whining about it is falling on deaf ears. I have little sympathy for the greedy, selfish people like yourself.

“Breaking the spell ”

Since: Dec 10

of the puppet master

#34379 Feb 2, 2013
emlu wrote:
<quoted text>Congrats, I hope it works:). Sheetrock the Alamo, too much!
Makin bacon wrote:

<quoted text>
Lu, I thought it was funny and it got rid of Mike, so I got a twofer.

Not that the video Bacon posted got rid of me, as I did not even watch it.

Bacon like most conservatives have a poor ability to understand cause and effect. This is also typical of any superstitious persons like the both of you.

Just because I stopped posting for the night about the time Bacon posted a video, does not automatically mean it was the cause of the effect. Anyone who would assume it was, clearly is ignoring my patern of behavior. I do not back away from fights on topix like the republicans here often do.

“physics is your friend”

Since: May 12

Location hidden

#34380 Feb 2, 2013
I'm glad you're taking the high road today Michael Duquette.

“Breaking the spell ”

of the puppet master

#34381 Feb 2, 2013
Silvercoastcorks wrote:
<quoted text>\
"Silvercoastcorks wrote:
<quoted text>
Democrat = sympathizer
And just what is wrong with sympathizing? I think it is a good trait. Being non empathetic is a poor trait."
-"Sympathizing" as listening to someone's problem while agreeing that the person is right.
-"Empathizing" as listening to someone's problem and emotionally connecting to how the person feels about this problem, without judging whether the person is right or wrong.
Now that we have established the difference between the two, I think answer is pretty clear but I will elaborate. I found this idea and it might help you understand better Mike...
"First thing that I want to share is that sympathy and empathy are not the same thing. Sympathy is about feeling sorry for people and wanting to help them with their problems. When we are in this mode of thinking, we offer suggestions, try to help and worry for them. It is full of phrases like:“Oh, what a shame.”“That’s too bad.”“That’s awful.” Empathy on the other hand, is about understanding the difficulties and pain that someone is going through, without getting involved. It has more neutral phrases like:“That can be a very challenging problem or situation.”“That seems to be very painful.”“You seem to be struggling with it.” You’re acknowledging other people’s problems without owning them.
That difference is very important for a psychic person because we have a tendency to take on the problems of the world as our own. It is important not to do this because we are less likely to want to help them. And helping other people is what makes us feel good about ourselves. To put this another way: If we want to feel good about ourselves and help people, then we have to learn how to have empathy without sympathy. We must have compassion for others, but not live their problems with them."
All democrats are trying to live others problems and fix them with out being asked...like gun control, taxing the wealthy, entitlement programs...
Most republicans don't follow the democrats notion because we expect people to help themselves, then help others. You disagree, of course, for whatever reason.
I think your misunderstanding of sympathy and empathy are some of the reasons why you disagree with how my wife and I raised our kids. Which you can have your opinion, but, you don't have a say. I asked for an address and you renig'd. So, you don't get a say.
And contrary to what you might think Mike, we ALL see and know you are not an expert on everything. We ALL see how much of a coward and full of shit you really are.
I don't have a say in what?
I can say a lot about what happens in America, as I practice my first ammendment rights. I also vote, so my say has effect in America.

Since: Dec 11

Location hidden

#34382 Feb 2, 2013
Mike Duquette wrote:
<quoted text>Makin bacon wrote:
<quoted text>
Bacon like most conservatives have a poor ability to understand cause and effect. This is also typical of any superstitious persons like the both of you.
Just because I stopped posting for the night about the time Bacon posted a video, does not automatically mean it was the cause of the effect. Anyone who would assume it was, clearly is ignoring my patern of behavior. I do not back away from fights on topix like the republicans here often do.
The man doth protest too much. If you didn't watch the video, stopped posting about the same time, why do you need to qualify this information? Who cares? The reason you stopped posting at about the same time as the video being posted could have been your pattern of behavior, coincidence, or a the fact you watched the video and are lying about it. Either way, there was a cause that effected you to stop posting and it was a good thing :)

“Breaking the spell ”

of the puppet master

#34383 Feb 2, 2013
Silvercoastcorks wrote:
<quoted text>
I suggested segregation, but you scoffed the idea. You want respect that isn't earned. You want a fair say without working for it.
And it would appear, from the last election, that "race" is the only thing that does matter to democrats.
Plus financial segregation, is the best segregation.
Again, you and your kind have poor perception of cause and effect.
Being black is not why Obama won the presidency. He won in spite of being black. He won against the high odds that people would not vote for a black man. He won despite the fact many voted against him due to his race.

When republicans learn to value the issues important to the people instead of fear mongering about stupid stuff, maybe your party will once again win the White house.

“Breaking the spell ”

of the puppet master

#34384 Feb 2, 2013
Silvercoastcorks wrote:
<quoted text>\
"Silvercoastcorks wrote:
<quoted text>
Democrat = sympathizer
Did I ever claim to know everything? Of course not, so why do you guys keep acting as if I did? Is it because I seem to know so much?

“physics is your friend”

Location hidden

#34385 Feb 2, 2013
Mike Duquette wrote:
<quoted text>Makin bacon wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm not much on backing down.However, I must point out, this is a forum of electronic ghosts.You can say what you want, no fear of real consequences.So, i'm not sure what"backing down"has to do with anything.

“Breaking the spell ”

of the puppet master

#34386 Feb 2, 2013
Makin bacon wrote:
<quoted text>
The man doth protest too much. If you didn't watch the video, stopped posting about the same time, why do you need to qualify this information? Who cares? The reason you stopped posting at about the same time as the video being posted could have been your pattern of behavior, coincidence, or a the fact you watched the video and are lying about it. Either way, there was a cause that effected you to stop posting and it was a good thing :)
So one post is protesting to much? Wow you are strict.
I protested how you claimed the cause and effect, I did not protest the video I did not watch.
You see the patern of my behavior? I protest when you are wrong.

“physics is your friend”

Location hidden

#34387 Feb 2, 2013
Mike Duquette wrote:
<quoted text>Did I ever claim to know everything? Of course not, so why do you guys keep acting as if I did? Is it because I seem to know so much?
When you give opinions unfounded in fact, grounded mainly in emotion, it promotes the idea that you are an uninformed"know-it-all "who knows precious little about anything.I expect one of your curse filled posts full of personal attacks any time now.Seems to be your"thing".

“Breaking the spell ”

of the puppet master

#34388 Feb 2, 2013
Silvercoastcorks wrote:
<quoted text>\
"Silvercoastcorks wrote:
<quoted text>
Democrat = sympathizer
I just realized that the letter you posted was from a person who claims to be psychic. He claims a psychic person has some problems being sympathetic, and you somehow wish to twist this to mean no one should be sympathetic. Unless you are claiming to also be psychic?
I think you are just so stupid, you cling to anything that speaks to your lack of sympathy and you try to justify it.
What a joke you are.

“Breaking the spell ”

of the puppet master

#34389 Feb 2, 2013
waco1909 wrote:
<quoted text> When you give opinions unfounded in fact, grounded mainly in emotion, it promotes the idea that you are an uninformed"know-it-all "who knows precious little about anything.I expect one of your curse filled posts full of personal attacks any time now.Seems to be your"thing".
Here you go again, making charges with zero evidence.

“Breaking the spell ”

of the puppet master

#34390 Feb 2, 2013
emlu wrote:
If Democrats are serious about trying to turn Texas blue, they should get a gander at a just-released poll of Lone Star State voters that found 67 percent of Republican respondents support the impeachment of President Obama.
Of greater concern for liberals: the poll was conducted by the left-leaning Public Policy Polling.
As a whole, Texans opposed impeachment 50 percent to 39 percent.
But in the crosstabs, PPP broke this down by party affiliation with Democrats opposed 83 percent to 12 percent, Republicans in favor 67 percent to 18 percent, and Independents opposed 54 percent to 32 percent.
Amazing that even 12 percent of Democrats support impeachment.
Read more: http://cowboybyte.com/18391/poll-67-of-texas-...
Who is trying to turn Texas blue?
As we can see from Waco, even the liberals in Texas kiss the asses of republicans.

“physics is your friend”

Location hidden

#34391 Feb 2, 2013
Actually, Mike I find your presence on this forum to be quite stimulating.A view from the left, which is necessary for balance.

Since: Dec 11

Location hidden

#34392 Feb 2, 2013
Mike Duquette wrote:
<quoted text>So one post is protesting to much? Wow you are strict.
I protested how you claimed the cause and effect, I did not protest the video I did not watch.
You see the patern of my behavior? I protest when you are wrong.
Yes Mike, I do see the pattern of your behavior and I feel certain it doesn't go unnoticed by others posting on here. You protest with everyone that doesn't agree with you. Your insecurity speaks volumes when you're unable to say "I'm wrong, my bad, sorry, I got that wrong." You're incomplete as an adult when you're unable to see your faults but always those of other people. If you read closely, you'll see a little cause and effect about you.

“Breaking the spell ”

of the puppet master

#34393 Feb 2, 2013
TSF wrote:
Obama called the attack on our embassy in Turkey a terrorist act. Republikans are already trying to say that he denied it was done by terroritst.
Of course the are, as they divert from the issue people care about and fear monger with stupid crap like this.

“Breaking the spell ”

of the puppet master

#34394 Feb 2, 2013
emlu wrote:
Image: UNL Photojournalism
Some food stamp recipients in Idaho are apparently blowing their wad come the first of the month, consuming their purchases too quickly, and finding themselves belly up before the next allotment of state aid, reports Boise's KTVB.
A proposal being floated by lawmakers in the Gem State would spread food stamp distribution across ten days in a given month, rather than the first day of that month. Following complaints by grocery stores that too many folks are buying up stock all at once, and by food stamp users themselves who say they're plum out of stuff to eat before the next installment of stamps, the move is designed to help folks eat in a more sustainable way.
It's a plan that comes with a hefty price tag, however:$700,000 initially, and more than $200,000 on an ongoing basis. Much of that cost would come from embossing recipients' names onto food cards to help reduce fraud. The plan means that many more cards will need to be issued each month.
The program will also involve an educational component. "I would like to use this money to educate people on how they can use their food stamps more efficiently and stretch them over the month," said Republican State Senator Pattie Anne Lodge.
But Democratic State Senator Les Bock disagrees with the idea: "I have trouble seeing any benefit to the state, or for that matter, benefit to the recipients."
Blowing your wad prematurely sucks.

“physics is your friend”

Location hidden

#34395 Feb 2, 2013
Mike Duquette wrote:
<quoted text>Who is trying to turn Texas blue?
As we can see from Waco, even the liberals in Texas kiss the asses of republicans.
You just insulted a lot of good liberals in Texas, Mike.Once again, I'm a moderate.Being a moderate doesn't get much attention these days, I think extremist positions are more newsworthy.I fully expect Texas to new be a blue state in sixteen years.

“Breaking the spell ”

of the puppet master

#34397 Feb 2, 2013
waco1909 wrote:
"FLAMING"Mike? How's the Tourettes?
Why would you make fun of my handicap?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Wilmington Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Review: Air Medic Air Duct Cleaning (Dec '13) Nov 13 Felicity 3
The Mechanical Engineer and the Sunken Treasure (Apr '13) Nov 11 kurtcooksalot16 2
Wilmington sucks (Apr '12) Oct 31 Hesrightwilmingto... 3
jason mullis (Jun '13) Oct 31 jason 2
lookin for that horse Oct 28 say wha 2
More Oct 28 A disgusted RBA p... 1
Pain Help (Apr '14) Oct 26 otherwon 3
Wilmington Dating
Find my Match

Wilmington People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Wilmington News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Wilmington

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]

NFL Latest News

Updated 5:58 pm PST

Bleacher Report 5:58PM
Video Highlights from Skins vs. Niners
Bleacher Report 6:56 PM
Washington's Young Defensive Stars Provide Silver Lining
Bleacher Report 7:11 PM
Grading San Francisco's Positional Units vs. WAS
Bleacher Report 8:24 PM
Grades for Redskins vs. 49ers
Bleacher Report 8:48 PM
Will Offensive Woes Cost 49ers a Playoff Spot?