Pittsfield adds second ambulance service

Pittsfield adds second ambulance service

There are 5 comments on the Berkshire Eagle Online - Berkshires Week story from Jan 4, 2011, titled Pittsfield adds second ambulance service. In it, Berkshire Eagle Online - Berkshires Week reports that:

After three years with a single ambulance provider, Pittsfield Mayor James M. Ruberto confirmed Monday that the city will utilize two companies beginning next month.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Berkshire Eagle Online - Berkshires Week.

Another_mistake

Olivebridge, NY

#1 Jan 4, 2011
I like how the mayor seems to think that 3 years is long enough to recoup the amount of money County has invested. Mr Mayor have you even heard of Medicare reimbursements? Wait, of course you have, your Florida neighbors rely on it. County stepped up even though they was no obligation to do so. Where was Action or CBA for that matter 3 years ago? CBA waited a year and a half to open now Action steps in. County's biggest mistake was not insisting on a contract from the day AMR left. I invite everyone to view the ambulance commission meeting in which they made the recommendation and listen with a critical ear to what the gentleman from Action says when asked if they have ever left a community. His answer "we have never left a community....that we have had a contract with.". Neither did AMR.
Better than me

Olivebridge, NY

#2 Jan 4, 2011
The Andrews family just got a huge dump taken on them by Pittsfield. I would completely understand if the said the hell with it and closed up shop and sold everything and retire tomorrow and leave this town scrambling to teach them a lesson on how to treat local business. The fact that they won't shows that they have more integrity than those running the show.
WatchinFromNA

Greenfield, MA

#5 Jan 4, 2011
HAHAHA, New Ambulance service in Pittsfield, HAHAHA, out of the same spot on Seymour St, Mr Andrews has to look at cutting expences, HAHAHA, MOST have been doing that for the past several years, not County Ambulance. HAHAHA
B Andrews

United States

#6 Jan 4, 2011
I thought my good friend Dave Phelps would get me the contract all by my self! No more free calendars for BMC..
Choices

Clifton Park, NY

#7 Jan 4, 2011
New ambulance service in Pittsfield .. Now we have a choice!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Wilmington Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Backtalk: 4/8/2010 (Apr '10) Oct 16 jeannashobavalley 5
Where is Melanie melanson (Aug '12) Oct 15 MURDERCHUSETTS 50
Mass refuses to expose police corruption - just... (Jul '10) Oct 2 planthatdnaYO 13
Billerica Forum (Apr '14) Sep 26 MGBFanatic 6
gang stalking at mass school of law (Oct '15) Aug '17 jaywil1245 3
News Maintain pressure (May '08) Aug '17 Berlin Betty 23
why are north reading police such jerks????? al... (Apr '11) Aug '17 Photo ID please 46

Wilmington Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Wilmington Mortgages