Kim Forte, of Wilmington, with her hu...

Kim Forte, of Wilmington, with her husband Lou. Forte was killed by an alleged drugged-up driver.

There are 9 comments on the Boston Herald story from Feb 22, 2011, titled Kim Forte, of Wilmington, with her husband Lou. Forte was killed by an alleged drugged-up driver.. In it, Boston Herald reports that:

W hen a worried Lou Forte of Wilmington went searching for his wife Monday, he came upon a horrific scene of a pedestrian crushed by a car driven by an alleged drugged-up driver.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Boston Herald.

Nichole

Wilmington, MA

#1 Feb 22, 2011
McNeil's son was buried over 2 years ago due to a congenital disease not sudden death.
JOAN

Burlington, MA

#2 Feb 23, 2011
Nichole wrote:
McNeil's son was buried over 2 years ago due to a congenital disease not sudden death.
ACTUALLY IT WAS LIVER FAILURE AND HE WAS BORN WITH NUMEROUS ISSUES.DECLAN WAS NOT TO SURVIVE OVER A YEAR AND HE LIVED TILL 22 MONTHS, BECAUSE OF ROUND THE CLOCK CARE FROM THE MCNEILS, CHECK STAYED UP NIGHTS AND WORKED DAYS TO BE WITH HIM. SO DONT JUDGE DOLL, U KNOW NOTHING!OH AND U SEEM SARCASTIC SAYING "OVER 2 YRS AGO" LIKE HE STILL ISNT GREIVING, IT WAS DECMBER 2008, DECLAN BIRTHDAY WAS 2 WEEKS AGO, HMM DO U THINK HE WAS DEPRESSED??????
wilm-resident

Woburn, MA

#3 Feb 23, 2011
whatever.. mcleans should of done a better job finding a medication that would work well with him... half of america is on antidepressants and he should not have been out driving..... wilmington is mourning the loss of a beautiful lady who will be missed by every single one of us! i have no pitty for mcneil.
wilmwildcat

Stoneham, MA

#4 Feb 23, 2011
TYPING LIKE THIS WONT GET YOUR POINT ACROSS BETTER.
The entire accident was completely tragic. The man should not have been driving, especially in the state he was in. Illegal drugs are not an excuse. I don't personally know kim or the forte family, but she was a member of a wonderful town, and my heart goes out to her family.
ffortekeegan

Saugus, MA

#5 Feb 24, 2011
To all the journalist, readers and commenters who are so eager to put out their opinion on this TRAGEDY. I feel it necessary to put this in perspective for those willing to read. There is ONE VICTM is this TRAGEDY. The one who will be buried this weekend. Did this perpertrator loose a child, yes. However one tragedy does not justify causing another. Does society give a green light to anyone who suffered loss to commit crimes? Do you really think Kim Forte and her family never suffered any loss or tragedy of their own? I can assure you they have but she of all people would have encouraged anyone suffering to cope w/ positivity, dignity and above all responsibilty. This was a tragedy due to irresponsible behavior of this man. Every presciption comes with a warning label for the sole purpose of preventing accidents. Unfortunately this man choose to ignore those warnings. I understand controversy sells but so does compassion and empathy. She was a remarkable woman, wife, mother, daughter, sister, aunt & friend who lived her life based on values and if anything is taken away from this senseless tragedy she would want a lesson of responsibilty and respect to be learned.
Kims-cousin

Portsmouth, NH

#6 Feb 24, 2011
Well said...
PSWilm

Leominster, MA

#7 Feb 24, 2011
I knew Kim. She was a very friendly, kind person who always had a smile and a wave hello for everyone. It is a terrible loss. Her family's need for our sympathy should ouway our desire to place blame for this tragedy. Kim was a lovely person who will be sorely missed by all who knew her.
Jmv

Tyngsboro, MA

#8 Feb 24, 2011
I totally agree with this writer. NO ONE should drive while impaired.....this man suffered a loss 2-3 years ago and his defense attorney is trying to get empathy for him as an excuse... this is disgusting...it tries to diminish the life of a beautiful person, this young woman went for a walk as she did everyday, but unfortunately the timing was tragic, this man needs to take responsibility and take the consequences of his actions, rather than put this family through any more hell than they are already going through....as Louie said he made his problems their problem...no one sets out on a walk and expects to be killed by a man on drugs who could barely talk or walk let alone drive...he knew he was impaired and put others at risk...people need to be outraged at this and his little 10,000 dollar bail...he gets to go home and Kim does not ...where is the justice???
RKM

Dallas, TX

#9 Feb 25, 2011
I have watched so many people suffer because of this careless act. It's truly a shame what happened to this mans son, my heart breaks for anyone who has lost a child. But, with that aside, this did not have to happen. His unfortunate situation has now ruined the lives of kims husband louie, her son Tim, and so many other family members and friends. Kim was taken suddenly from everyone, and justice needs to be served here. He needs to take full responsibility for what he has done, walking out of jail and being able to return to his family and loved ones, the way Kim will never be able to do again is just outright wrong. Louie is at least owed a little peace of mind at this time knowing that the man that took his wife will be behind bars and unable to do harm to anyone else. Instead while I and so many others are attending kims wake tonight, this man probably gets to eat dinner with his family. I'm truly disgusted over this.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Wilmington Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Police Investigate Woburn Shooting (Aug '08) Jul 19 creston ave 17
News Inspired evolution of Billerica's Whiffle Tree Jul 19 hammerhead 1
Homes Jul 10 xychoc 1
Disturbing case in Andover, Stalking, ID theft.... (Oct '08) Jul 4 Brandon 18
News State Rep. Jim Miceli prides himself on not tak... (Oct '10) Jun 28 Respect 20
News Chiropractic Treatment Helps With Blood Pressure (Apr '10) Jun '16 Anonymous 31
Let There Be Light Jun '16 Felix The Cat 1

Wilmington Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Wilmington Mortgages