Billerica man faces child-molestation...

Billerica man faces child-molestation charges

There are 79 comments on the Lowell Sun story from Dec 29, 2010, titled Billerica man faces child-molestation charges. In it, Lowell Sun reports that:

A Level 3 sex offender -- the twin brother of a retired Wilmington police officer -- has been ordered to live under 24-hour house arrest after he was charged again with molesting a young child.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Lowell Sun.

First Prev
of 4
Next Last

Since: Dec 07

United States

#1 Dec 29, 2010
So let me get this right. You let a known sex offender live under the same roof as you and your baby and you are shocked that he molester her?! Really?!
Musty Mike

Billerica, MA

#2 Dec 29, 2010
Wow- how messed up was that! And then they release him again even when he committed a crime while under probation. Didn't the judge read about the Woburn P.O. killing?
townie

Nashua, NH

#3 Dec 29, 2010
$500 bail, house arrest and sex ofender therapy???!!! Does this idiot judge think that people like that can actually be rehabilitated!!!??? Does this guy's idiot family think its OK to leave this guy alone with a child!!!??? Both the family and the legal system are enablers and are just as responsible for this latest molestation as the sick pervert himself. For the safety of any children who might be unfortunate enough to cross paths with this piece of human waiste, he should be either locked up for life or put to death. I prefer the latter. Send him to me. I would be too happy to pull the trigger.
Crap

Salem, NH

#4 Dec 29, 2010
Only 18mths for the first charge? Must be nice to know a retired cop. Only $500 bail for this one? Must be nice to know a retired cop. This is ridiculous, when will these cops and politicians start respecting themselves and their positions. They should be embarrassed.

He should live in the house with Judge Chernoff and his kids/grand kids. Since he thinks this guys isn't a threat to anyone I'm sure he'll have no problem with it.
scrambler

Columbus, OH

#5 Dec 29, 2010
not to mention he lives in a rooming house - now just think how secure that is - a bunch of derelicts all together and who's watching who or is it whom.........
Resident

Tewksbury, MA

#6 Dec 29, 2010
What does having a brother who his a retired cop have to do with this story? Again, another attempt by the Lowell Sun to trash cops.
Not Smart

Brookline, MA

#7 Dec 29, 2010
Not smart to leave your child anywhere near a Level 3 sex offender. I'm not saying it's OK to leave your child around a Level 1, but for christ's sake, he's done it multiple times!!!

There has to be more to the case that prompted the judge to let this guy off on house arrest and $500 bail. Because that just doesn't add up.
saaywhat

Gardner, MA

#8 Dec 29, 2010
VeronicaFL wrote:
So let me get this right. You let a known sex offender live under the same roof as you and your baby and you are shocked that he molester her?! Really?!
My thoughts exactly. How many (show of hands) would allow your child to live in the same house as a level 3 offender..family or not? Nothing but neglect in my eyes.
townie

Nashua, NH

#9 Dec 29, 2010
Not Smart wrote:
Not smart to leave your child anywhere near a Level 3 sex offender. I'm not saying it's OK to leave your child around a Level 1, but for christ's sake, he's done it multiple times!!!
There has to be more to the case that prompted the judge to let this guy off on house arrest and $500 bail. Because that just doesn't add up.
The judge let this guy go (again) because he is the brother of a cop. Thats all there is to it. Nothing more than favoritism and selective enforcement of the law. Nevermind the fact that the cop is already well aware of his pervert brother's attraction to children and always has been. The cop brother has probably been covering for the pervert brother all his life rather than doing the right thing and throwing the piece of garbage under a bus years ago. The cop brother doesn't protect his pervert brother. Instead, he puts every child that is within arm's reach of the pervert brother in danger of being molested and raped. I hope the cop brother, the judge and the whole family that protects this pervert can sleep at night knowing they are responsible for enabling the pervert to prey on children.
sue

Lowell, MA

#10 Dec 29, 2010
Resident wrote:
What does having a brother who his a retired cop have to do with this story? Again, another attempt by the Lowell Sun to trash cops.
SO TRUE
billerica resident

Wakefield, MA

#11 Dec 29, 2010
This pervert/felon should be behind bars at the Billerica House of Correction. The parole Board released a guy with a violent wrap sheet a mile long with concurrent life sentences and what did he do after the board determied he was rehabilitied with a strong family support system in place-he killed the Woburn cop. If this Judge lived in the neighborhood of this sex offender do you think he woud be released to house arrest. Very sad codmmentary on the judiciary.
billerica resident

Wakefield, MA

#12 Dec 29, 2010
Any decent law enforcement official, active or retired, would personally throw this pervert brother behind bars, end of story.The retired cop coming to the defense of this child molester is an embarrassment to the badge.Thank God he is retired and not enforcing the law because it would certainly be selective.
citizen

Lowell, MA

#15 Dec 29, 2010
Resident wrote:
I had that same thought until I read the article.

"But defense attorney Julie Olsen argued for Zaccagnini's release under house arrest saying that her client spends most of his time under the watchful eye of his twin brother, retired Wilmington police Officer Larry Zaccagnini, who appeared in court with his brother."

Thats what it has to do with his brother being a cop.
Just Me

Westford, MA

#16 Dec 29, 2010
Mac wrote:
the retired cop is also a molester! Im engaged to his daughter.
UGH, that sucks.. that is obviously why the brother is so willing to "keep an eye on him"... Sick Truly Sick...
lowell resident

Peabody, MA

#18 Dec 29, 2010
Is this judge stupid, seems corupt to me. He is the brother of a police officer who is going to keep an eye on him. I would like to know if he was some reandom guy in the same situation if they would allow that against probations advisement. What kind of police officer was he, he is suppose to protect people, do whats best for your brother let him go to jail and not harm any other children who's lives will be ruined. Totally discussing!!!!!
Crap

Salem, NH

#20 Dec 29, 2010
Resident wrote:
It's actually pretty damn relevant unless you're a cop or related to one. 18mths for the first offense?$500 bail for these charges? Obviously his brother pulled some strings to help him out.
Can you say Slander

Hyde Park, NY

#21 Dec 29, 2010
sue wrote:
<quoted text>SO TRUE
I would like to know where you got this informaton about the police officer allowing his brother to molest children and coverng his brothers crimes!!! How would you like it if someone called you a child molester when it was not true?!?
Can you say Slander

Hyde Park, NY

#22 Dec 29, 2010
sorry sue, wrong quote!
Wild in Wilmington

Boston, MA

#23 Dec 29, 2010
The Zaccagnini twins have always & will continue to be dirt bags. If the stories are true he was molesting his daughter & loved it when she had her early teenage friends @ the house. Lock the piece of crap up.
Umm ya

Arlington, MA

#24 Dec 29, 2010
Let him move in with Barney Frank...

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 4
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Wilmington Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
gang stalking at mass school of law (Oct '15) Aug 16 jaywil1245 3
A New place to voice uncensored opinions. Aug 6 freedom 1
News Maintain pressure (May '08) Aug 5 Berlin Betty 23
why are north reading police such jerks????? al... (Apr '11) Aug 5 Photo ID please 46
Robbery. Millpond road Aug 4 hammerhead 2
Billerica Music Emporium (Oct '12) Aug 3 Musikologist 15
News Police arrest log (Dec '10) Jul 24 nick 10

Wilmington Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Wilmington Mortgages