Reeves Funeral Home
None of your Business

Bartlett, IL

#104 Jan 8, 2011
All it takes is for one person to come forward and go public. Once that person comes forward....watch out. The Reeves Family will be a disgrace in Wilmington.

Since: Jan 11

Location hidden

#105 Jan 8, 2011
They are already a disgrace....too bad had they come forwared sooner,,,, may have been different
Mike

Glenview Nas, IL

#106 Jan 9, 2011
I don't know many details of this sad situation, but I can't help to think of Bernie madoff. His kids were most likely involved in his scheme too, given the investigations and his son's suicide
confused wrote:
Thanks for those answers. I am just trying to piece it all together. I am sorry for what you are all going thru. And running th risk of being attacked for saying this.... As far as people saying the family knew about this,I can't see a father telling his children about spending pre-paid funeral money. But the one thing that truly baffles me is, he was sick and did not unexpectedly die. So why would he leave this mess in the lap of his daughter(s), who are now running th funeral home. He had to have known that this would come out at some point. It is bad enough that he would do something like that(if it is true). But to dump a moral and legal mess like this into the lap of your child is unbelievable!
DO SOMETHING

Tucson, AZ

#107 Jan 9, 2011
wil wrote:
<quoted text>
How can you be sure no one has? Some people are just finding out.
There are over 103 comments on this subject some of them from sometime ago and yet nothing has come out.
Patti from Peotone

Shorewood, IL

#108 Jan 9, 2011
In Response to:
"Soo Patti no I am not Matt and since you seem to be fearing that I am Matt or someone from the bank. Who knows confidential information about the theiving Reeves you must be someone who knows that everything I have said is the truth I am neither of the people you mentioned I am as my screen name states I am one of the many who was cheated by C.James."

No Matt, I will never fear you - What a joke. Since I do not work for the Reeves Funeral Home or the Bank, I have never seen a check that you claim was made out to, endorsed by, and cashed by C. James Reeves. Until I see all these checks I cannot say that what you are saying is true or not. If you have not seen all these checks then you cannot print this as fact. By the way, Matt, were the checks signed with a signature stamp or hand written. I hope you know what you are talking about, because if you don't, I believe, this is slander.

Since: Dec 10

Location hidden

#109 Jan 9, 2011
Patti from Peotone wrote:
In Response to:
"Soo Patti no I am not Matt and since you seem to be fearing that I am Matt or someone from the bank. Who knows confidential information about the theiving Reeves you must be someone who knows that everything I have said is the truth I am neither of the people you mentioned I am as my screen name states I am one of the many who was cheated by C.James."
No Matt, I will never fear you - What a joke. Since I do not work for the Reeves Funeral Home or the Bank, I have never seen a check that you claim was made out to, endorsed by, and cashed by C. James Reeves. Until I see all these checks I cannot say that what you are saying is true or not. If you have not seen all these checks then you cannot print this as fact. By the way, Matt, were the checks signed with a signature stamp or hand written. I hope you know what you are talking about, because if you don't, I believe, this is slander.
Just out of curiousity who do you think is Matt on here? Because I don't think he's made any comments on here.

Since: Dec 10

Location hidden

#110 Jan 9, 2011
Just wanted everyone to know that things were called into Soundoff, but weren't printed. ABC, CBS, NBC, FOX, and WGN news were contacted. Alot of people who did prepay for funerals don't even know what's going on, and aren't going to until they go to collect on what they thought was already paid for. That is a damn shame.
None of your Business

Bartlett, IL

#111 Jan 9, 2011
DO SOMETHING wrote:
<quoted text>
There are over 103 comments on this subject some of them from sometime ago and yet nothing has come out.
Stay tuned because it's coming. Like all matters, it takes alot of time for a criminal investigation to come to light. Unfortunately, Will County will be in charge of this one so that could be the only downfall.

I also agree with the poster who brought up Madoff....I can't help but to think of that whole situation too. Although the amount of $$ isn't comparable it's just as heartbreaking. There are many people that gave this scumbag $$ that they will never recoop. Their families may have a hard time finding the means to bury them. How sad :(
X-Wilmingtonite

Shorewood, IL

#112 Jan 9, 2011
Has anyone of you that has a prepaid funeral been defaulted against? I mean has someone died and not received the funeral they contracted for? Kindly reply. Just curious.
Cheated by C James

United States

#113 Jan 9, 2011
Patti from Peotone wrote:
In Response to:
"Soo Patti no I am not Matt and since you seem to be fearing that I am Matt or someone from the bank. Who knows confidential information about the theiving Reeves you must be someone who knows that everything I have said is the truth I am neither of the people you mentioned I am as my screen name states I am one of the many who was cheated by C.James."
No Matt, I will never fear you - What a joke. Since I do not work for the Reeves Funeral Home or the Bank, I have never seen a check that you claim was made out to, endorsed by, and cashed by C. James Reeves. Until I see all these checks I cannot say that what you are saying is true or not. If you have not seen all these checks then you cannot print this as fact. By the way, Matt, were the checks signed with a signature stamp or hand written. I hope you know what you are talking about, because if you don't, I believe, this is slander.
Again Tristen,I am not Matt. I am however one of the many who has been betrayed,deceived and stolen from by your father. Tristen where did you go to law school?? Slander is when something is said that is untrue your father was a theif and a liar and a con artist so perhaps you need to look into getting your tuition back from law school....oh that's right your family doesn't pay their tuition either do they? Thank you so much for acknowledging that there are several checks out there. Oh and I don't think you should fear Matt he is the least of your worries. You should fear the IRS and the Will County States Attorney. Perhaps you and your mother should run out and get your hair and nails done because the news media is going to be wanting some answers as well. As far as Matt posting comments on here I know for a fact that he hasn't as a matter of fact I know for a fact that Matt has said nothing despite all the slander spread about him by your family and friends (just in case you forgot Tristen slander would be the telling of untruths you know like the stuff you are spreading) But I am sure as the cell door slam shut we will all hear a faint chuckle coming from Kahler
Rd. and we will know that Matt has spoken. By the way Tristen my cancelled check for my worthless pre-arrangement was signed not stamped.
Kindred Spirit

Berrien Center, MI

#114 Jan 9, 2011
It saddens me to see so many people jumping on the bandwagon! Perhaps if you overcome your small town mentality....it's not so crazy to take a family vacation, or if you have worked your whole life as did Mr. & Mrs. Reeves - wow...drive a nice car. If your father owned a business - would you know everything going on? Don't assume that his two daughters who are mothers raising their families and Mrs. Reeves were aware of the business finances. I think Jim, who did so much for the community, not just financially, but time and spirit deserves the respect to be innocent until proven guilty.

Since: Jan 11

Location hidden

#115 Jan 9, 2011
Kindred Spirit wrote:
It saddens me to see so many people jumping on the bandwagon! Perhaps if you overcome your small town mentality....it's not so crazy to take a family vacation, or if you have worked your whole life as did Mr. & Mrs. Reeves - wow...drive a nice car. If your father owned a business - would you know everything going on? Don't assume that his two daughters who are mothers raising their families and Mrs. Reeves were aware of the business finances. I think Jim, who did so much for the community, not just financially, but time and spirit deserves the respect to be innocent until proven guilty.
I Can beleive the girls did not know. But to continue to praise a person for giving away STOLEN money, well I just can not understand that. I too could be generous with thousands of dollars of other peoples money. Its real easy to look like a hero when you are giving others peoples hard earned money away.

Since: Jan 11

Location hidden

#116 Jan 9, 2011
Kindred Spirit wrote:
It saddens me to see so many people jumping on the bandwagon! Perhaps if you overcome your small town mentality....it's not so crazy to take a family vacation, or if you have worked your whole life as did Mr. & Mrs. Reeves - wow...drive a nice car. If your father owned a business - would you know everything going on? Don't assume that his two daughters who are mothers raising their families and Mrs. Reeves were aware of the business finances. I think Jim, who did so much for the community, not just financially, but time and spirit deserves the respect to be innocent until proven guilty.
Oh dear Kindred Spirit, in hindsight Jim preyed on our - as you call...'small town mentality' and we trusted him blindly. As far as his daughters raising their families. His one daughter is advertised in Reeves Funeral Home ads as being a 'Pre-arrangement counselor' Seems like she was doing more than just raising her children... I appreciate your 'kindred spirit', but apparently you didn't pony up any money to The Reeve's. If you did and it could now not be accounted for - wow... You would question the nice car and family vacations also.
Cheated by C James

United States

#117 Jan 9, 2011
Kindred Spirit wrote:
It saddens me to see so many people jumping on the bandwagon! Perhaps if you overcome your small town mentality....it's not so crazy to take a family vacation, or if you have worked your whole life as did Mr. & Mrs. Reeves - wow...drive a nice car. If your father owned a business - would you know everything going on? Don't assume that his two daughters who are mothers raising their families and Mrs. Reeves were aware of the business finances. I think Jim, who did so much for the community, not just financially, but time and spirit deserves the respect to be innocent until proven guilty.
Kindred Spirit how is the view from up there on your moral high horse? Obviously you are not one of the many of us who trustd a Reeves with your hard earned money. You are right there is nothing wrong with a family vacation or driving a nice car if you pay for it with monies you have earned,paying with money intended for another purpose is all together different. The only proving to be done in this situation is proving exactly how much they stole from trusting friends and neighbors. Kindred Spirit from your posting I am assuming you knew Jim personally if that is the case I am sure you were on the receiving end of one of Jims hugs,but since you are still singing his praises apparently unlike so many of us the hug you received didn't come with the knife that he stuck in your back. Small town mentality??? I was secure in the knowledge that when my time came I would be taken care of and my family would not have to bare the financial burden of a costly burial. Now my money that I gave to a "friend" is gone...no trace..the only thing small town about my mentality was I thought I knew a man and his family we socialized together worshiped together and even had a drink or two together and now I got a big city slap in the face to the tune of thousands of dollars that can't be found. His wonderful daughters and his wife they wont return calls and wont provide any information other than trying to shift the blame on to one of the most upstanding and honest and kind men I have ever known. Wake up Kindred Spirit, and if you hug one of your good friends the Reeves watch for the knife in your back and the money in your pocket
Solar

United States

#118 Jan 10, 2011
This is a horrible story unfolding here. I feel so bad for the victims of this heinous act.
Left holding the bag also

Tinley Park, IL

#119 Jan 10, 2011
I am a funeral supply representative, and Jim Reeves also left my company holding the bag. I called on Jim and before that his father. Jim was always one to brag of his home in Lake Geneva and condominium and ocean front villa in Hawaii. The worldly places he traveled and possessions he acquired. I was in the funeral home, as well as his residence across the street to witness the priceless antiques and art, but he stiffed us also. Not only did he leave my company with tremendous outstanding invoices, but because of his non-payment, placed my job in jeopardy because he was my account. I am not surprised to read of any of the entries in this forum, but my heart goes out to those affected. I have worked with funeral directors my entire career, and it is because of funeral directors like Jim - that the profession gets such a negative reputation. I hope that those involved or implicated by Reeves Funeral Home don't judge other caring funeral service professionals, by Jim's acts. 99% of all funeral service providers are honest and honorable men and women who you can call on at your darkest time.

May I make a suggestion... Maybe his family can just sell the Hawaii properties and pay back the people whom prepaid their arrangements and the funeral suppliers whom have provided merchandise without payment. Is that asking too much???? Sounds like a win-win to me!
confused

Des Plaines, IL

#120 Jan 11, 2011
Just out of curiosity, is there a reason why those who have been scammed by Reeves, are not posting their names. Perhaps some of the people who are Reeves "supporters" would be more likely to believe the claims if they knew who they were coming from. No attacks on me please for asking the question. I just think that if you were scammed, you should not be embarrassed to post your name.
one of many

United States

#121 Jan 11, 2011
confused wrote:
Just out of curiosity, is there a reason why those who have been scammed by Reeves, are not posting their names. Perhaps some of the people who are Reeves "supporters" would be more likely to believe the claims if they knew who they were coming from. No attacks on me please for asking the question. I just think that if you were scammed, you should not be embarrassed to post your name.
Our names will be included in the class action suit you can read them there.
confused

Des Plaines, IL

#122 Jan 11, 2011
I wasn't trying to sound rude, I was just curious:)
Dan

Joliet, IL

#123 Jan 11, 2011
Likewise where is your name!
confused wrote:
Just out of curiosity, is there a reason why those who have been scammed by Reeves, are not posting their names. Perhaps some of the people who are Reeves "supporters" would be more likely to believe the claims if they knew who they were coming from. No attacks on me please for asking the question. I just think that if you were scammed, you should not be embarrassed to post your name.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Wilmington Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Snookers 1 hr Getting Screwed 3
Isadora's 11 hr Football fan 29
The John Dollinger Catholic Church Wed Jjj 2
Lindsey Lane Wed HammerBlood 6
Almost Deputy Chief Finland is a Bumb Wed Mr Big 9
Braidwood Police War On Drugs Wed soccer 37
rogue cop??? Tue dummy 13

Wilmington Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Wilmington Mortgages