Harvest Church opens west site

Harvest Church opens west site

There are 36 comments on the Herald News story from Sep 7, 2008, titled Harvest Church opens west site. In it, Herald News reports that:

The community is invited to the grand opening of Family Harvest Church West on Sept.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Herald News.

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Concerned Christian

Joliet, IL

#1 Sep 7, 2008
I am a Christian beleiver, but am concerned about this church coming to Minooka. Here is Dr. Thompson's "other" website http://www.winnersedgestore.net/Scripts/defau...

He appears more of a business man than a pastor. I have attended his service in Tinley and it was not a comfortable experience.
ProChat

Chicago, IL

#2 Sep 8, 2008
He's all about the Almighty Dollar. He writes and sells books.

Since you didn't enjoy his service I guess you won't be going back. Nothing worse than a money hungry preacher!
PROCHATTTER

AOL

#3 Sep 14, 2008
Hurray
Jim T

United States

#4 Sep 14, 2008
Sounds like the pastor at the Baptist church in Channahon. Conman! Watch what happens to him.
protect them

Joliet, IL

#5 Nov 12, 2008
Fundamentals based on the dollar not the bible .
Just say NO

United States

#6 Nov 12, 2008
All Churchs are about money. That's all they want money every single last one of them no matter what type. Especially the new ones that just open up in upcoming areas. They are looking to get all these new residents to join and give them money.
Lucy

United States

#7 Nov 12, 2008
I live neaarby the church. I see Rob THompson the "Pastor" driving around in his Ferrari all the time.

Must be payment from the Lord!
Angela

United States

#8 Nov 16, 2008
I like the fact that my Pastor drives a Ferrari. I like the fact that he writes and sells books.(Then people who haven't even heard him preach or read a book he has written can't accuse him of using church funds to purchase his Ferrari).

If you knew Pastor Rob, what he's come from and the number of people and churches he has helped perhaps you wouldn't judge so harshly. Then again maybe you would.

Judge not least yea be judged.
Believer

Wheaton, IL

#9 Nov 16, 2008
Jesus did not drive around in a Ferrari type chariot. He walked. He lived the life of a poor man preaching, teaching and healing. Beware "pastors" who do not preach the Law and Gospel. Who water down the word to lure people in and str not telling them the truth: that they are sinners and are saved by grace alone. Instead giving them pep-talks and entertainment instead of God's word. Who use the Lord as a personal credit card - God wants you to be rich, God wants you to be successful......Beware. Lay your teasure in heaven, not on earth. I went to this church once. A lot of motivational speaking and a good entertainment show, not a lot of substance.

Since: Sep 08

Tinley Park, IL

#10 Nov 17, 2008
Angela wrote:
I like the fact that my Pastor drives a Ferrari. I like the fact that he writes and sells books.(Then people who haven't even heard him preach or read a book he has written can't accuse him of using church funds to purchase his Ferrari).
If you knew Pastor Rob, what he's come from and the number of people and churches he has helped perhaps you wouldn't judge so harshly. Then again maybe you would.
Judge not least yea be judged.
Wow, I thought Lucy was just kidding about the Ferrari.
Viva

Mexico

#11 Nov 30, 2008
Did he put the Thompson family license plate on the Ferrari?

"GODGVES"

Anyone hear how the septic tank at the church was filled with condoms? Imagine that. Hmm... We all knew that "a-bomb" was mis behaving while Robb was stealing .. er.. i mean Preaching, but there's no way he could have filled the tank by himself.

plus, they weren't finger condoms, they were the real ones. A-bomb needed finger condoms for that little prick of his... good thing he has alot of money!

There are pictures to prove it. Both the little prick and the condoms filling the tank
DISGUSTED

Wheaton, IL

#12 Dec 2, 2008
I'm not surprised. The book of Revelations warns of falst prophets and preachers in the last days. This is a prime example of that as are most entertainment centered megachurches. The root of all evil is the love of money! And yet that church is filled with naive people giving their hard earned tithes every week. My neighbor and her husband didn't have enough money to feed their kids, but they sure didn't miss a payment every week! I bet Pastor Robb and his cronies laught all the way to the bank. I hate the thought of them raping the Minooka community.
Robb T

Chicago, IL

#13 Dec 2, 2008
Give me 10% and the Lord will find magical ways of stretching the other 90!!!!
Disgusted

Wheaton, IL

#14 Dec 5, 2008
What the hell are you talking about Robb T. Are you one of those crackpots that actually buy into the crap that Harvest Church is peddling?
Skeptical

Chicago, IL

#15 Dec 12, 2008
I heard that Dr. Robb has served time in prison, is this true??
backroom

Wheaton, IL

#16 Dec 30, 2008
yes

that's where he met his buddy, who runs that big church in Matteson.
DISGUSTED

United States

#17 Dec 31, 2008
Pastor Robb reminds me of an old time tonic peddlar. It's amazing how many people are falling for his and his constituents cons. Well you know the old saying: There's an idiot born again every minute. Please people read the actual word of God - in the BIBLE the REAL BIBLE the King James Version. Don't believe these false prophets. We are saved by grace alone.
Anthony

Mount Prospect, IL

#18 Jan 5, 2009
My pecker is, in fact, large enough to fit in a real condom. There was some left over collagen from my mom's lip job, so they injected it into me.

Angie, do you want to mess around like the old days?
BURNED

Macomb, IL

#19 Jan 9, 2009
Greed and materialism is just the tip of the iceburg at this "church". Do a little research on Robb Thompson and Family Harvest Church and you will find testimonies of broken marriages, broken families and broken lives. Stay away if you value your family and your salvation.
DISGUSTED

United States

#20 Jan 10, 2009
Amen to that "Burned!" Ameeeennnnnn to thaaaat!!!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Wilmington Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
kyle kappler (Feb '11) Sat Unhappy 4
Old pizza place that used to be in CC. (Sep '17) Fri Arnold 3
Custers Dec 1 Randall 6
Wilmington Moose Nov 28 Suzie 9
Water bills??? (May '17) Nov '18 Lynn 8
Turmp's D N A From Space Oct '18 noproofneeded 2
Wesley Oct '18 Paul 3

Wilmington Jobs

Personal Finance

Wilmington Mortgages