Comments
1 - 20 of 23 Comments Last updated Oct 15, 2012
First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Wilmington Area Resident

Wilmington, IL

#1 Aug 20, 2012
Doesn't Wilmington have noise curfews? Late (midnite or 1 a.m.) Friday and Saturday nights if you drive past The Freaksters Roadhouse your whole car vibrates from the loud music coming from inside. During Catfish Days you could barely drive on Rte 53 for all the people walking in/across the street. They wouldn't move, step aside or get out of the way of a moving vehicle. Forget giving a little toot on the horn! The people turned around and flipped you off! The noise that night with an outdoor band was outrageous! You could hear the noise coming over the bridge and all the way out to the Launching pad!!! And if you wish to attend a movie while the Roadhouse is having an 'event' forget parking anywhere near the theatre! Oh, I forgot! He brings 'big money' to this poor little town so I guess it's ok to let him slide with all the noise and rudeness! Are the 'big dollars' paying off the police so the cops look the other way? Hmm? Interesting! Glad I don't live within a half mile radius of the joint!
Joe

Wilmington, IL

#2 Aug 20, 2012
I was told that there is a noise curfew, but it could be overridden by permits from the city council for special occasions. Guess some establishments can get more exceptions than others and who cares about the people in the neighborhoods who have to put up with the noise. If you have to get your sleep before going to work it is too bad because no notice is ever given about when the noise limits are extended or lifted. Perhaps if they posted these in the paper on a weekly basis it would be more considerate to the people in town.
Gettin the facts

Elmhurst, IL

#4 Aug 21, 2012
Looks like the CORNER drugstore is using Topix to stir up some bullshit
secret id

New Lenox, IL

#5 Aug 21, 2012
Wilmington Area Resident wrote:
Doesn't Wilmington have noise curfews? Late (midnite or 1 a.m.) Friday and Saturday nights if you drive past The Freaksters Roadhouse your whole car vibrates from the loud music coming from inside. During Catfish Days you could barely drive on Rte 53 for all the people walking in/across the street. They wouldn't move, step aside or get out of the way of a moving vehicle. Forget giving a little toot on the horn! The people turned around and flipped you off! The noise that night with an outdoor band was outrageous! You could hear the noise coming over the bridge and all the way out to the Launching pad!!! And if you wish to attend a movie while the Roadhouse is having an 'event' forget parking anywhere near the theatre! Oh, I forgot! He brings 'big money' to this poor little town so I guess it's ok to let him slide with all the noise and rudeness! Are the 'big dollars' paying off the police so the cops look the other way? Hmm? Interesting! Glad I don't live within a half mile radius of the joint!
just curious, how much money have you raised to help those in need lately?
It seems that you have some extra free time!
Wilmington Area Resident

Wilmington, IL

#6 Aug 27, 2012
Gettin the facts wrote:
Not anyone from The Corner or anyonr that frequents that establishment. Just live in the area and happened to be passing through town, so don't get your undies in a bunch!
Wilmington Area Resident

Wilmington, IL

#7 Aug 27, 2012
secret id wrote:
<quoted text>
just curious, how much money have you raised to help those in need lately?
It seems that you have some extra free time!
Do way more for charities than YOU ever will.
wildcat

Le Roy, IL

#8 Aug 27, 2012
All those charity's these bars do are just big business for them. They could care less, they just want the customers in there drinking. Show some real numbers, in comparison to what they take in. Freak is the perfect example of that.
secret id

New Lenox, IL

#9 Aug 27, 2012
Wilmington Area Resident wrote:
<quoted text>Do way more for charities than YOU ever will.
I think you spend more time on here complaining about those raising money for (multiple) charities. It also seems to me that you could do a hell of a lot of good, if you put that energy elsewhere.
secret id

New Lenox, IL

#10 Aug 27, 2012
wildcat wrote:
All those charity's these bars do are just big business for them. They could care less, they just want the customers in there drinking. Show some real numbers, in comparison to what they take in. Freak is the perfect example of that.
definitely big business. It's cause vs effect; supply vs demand what have you. I would put money on it though, that freak has been one of the main reasons these charities and events do SO well. Multiple millions of dollars have been handed to non-for-profit organizations in OUR area in the last couple years. He has been a huge part of that, along with others. People complain about the US helping third world countries and not helping our own; and you people sit on here and vetch about ones who do a LOT to help our citizens.
get it straight

Coal City, IL

#11 Oct 3, 2012
Gettin the facts wrote:
the CORNER isn't trying to stir any shit up on Topix, however we could definetly stir some shit up IF you're BALLSY enough..... COME GET SOME!!!
just sayin

Davenport, IA

#12 Oct 4, 2012
Yes you to can try to call someone out on Topix and be an internet tough guy. Get it straight has always wanted to be a pro wrestler ever since he was a little kid and this is all the closer he is ever going to get by doing an online COME GET SOME intimidation with capital letters.
get it straight

Coal City, IL

#13 Oct 4, 2012
just sayin wrote:
Yes you to can try to call someone out on Topix and be an internet tough guy. Get it straight has always wanted to be a pro wrestler ever since he was a little kid and this is all the closer he is ever going to get by doing an online COME GET SOME intimidation with capital letters.
no just letting getting the facts know that they are clueless, and the"CORNER DRUGSTORE" had nothing to do with any complaint about their noise. Could care less, I live no where near their noise, therefore before they go posting something, they should get it straight FIRST!!
just sayin

Davenport, IA

#14 Oct 5, 2012
get it straight wrote:
<quoted text>
no just letting getting the facts know that they are clueless, and the"CORNER DRUGSTORE" had nothing to do with any complaint about their noise. Could care less, I live no where near their noise, therefore before they go posting something, they should get it straight FIRST!!
D+- Poor grammatical errors and incomplete sentences. Punctuation errors. Please report to the grade 5 classroom for remedial training.
get it straight

Winfield, IL

#15 Oct 8, 2012
just sayin wrote:
<quoted text>D+- Poor grammatical errors and incomplete sentences. Punctuation errors. Please report to the grade 5 classroom for remedial training.
sorry wasn't trying to impress you with my grammatical errors and incomplete sentences.....A**HOLE!!! How's that for GRAMMAR!
yeah yeah yeah

Davenport, IA

#16 Oct 10, 2012
get it straight wrote:
<quoted text>
sorry wasn't trying to impress you with my grammatical errors and incomplete sentences.....A**HOLE!!! How's that for GRAMMAR!
D- Incomplete sentence structure. Poor punctuation. The first nonstructural sentence did not start with a capital letter. In other words get it straight..you are not smarter than a fifth grader!
get it straight

Coal City, IL

#17 Oct 11, 2012
yeah yeah yeah wrote:
<quoted text>D- Incomplete sentence structure. Poor punctuation. The first nonstructural sentence did not start with a capital letter. In other words get it straight..you are not smarter than a fifth grader!
You'd be surprised as to how smart I am!!!!!
yeah yeah yeah

Davenport, IA

#18 Oct 11, 2012
get it straight wrote:
<quoted text>
You'd be surprised as to how smart I am!!!!!
And you show to the whole internet world with your comments on Topix. As I tell my kids who are 8 and 7 once you put something on the internet it's basically out there forever in some way or form. I will email you your MENSA scores.
get it straight

Coal City, IL

#19 Oct 11, 2012
yeah yeah yeah wrote:
<quoted text>And you show to the whole internet world with your comments on Topix. As I tell my kids who are 8 and 7 once you put something on the internet it's basically out there forever in some way or form. I will email you your MENSA scores.
Please do, can't wait for these!!
get it straight

Coal City, IL

#20 Oct 11, 2012
yeah yeah yeah wrote:
<quoted text>And you show to the whole internet world with your comments on Topix. As I tell my kids who are 8 and 7 once you put something on the internet it's basically out there forever in some way or form. I will email you your MENSA scores.
You've got a 7 and 8 year old and your teaching them about putting something on the Internet, yet you are on the Internet posting negative things towards someone you don't even know. Ate you teaching them that as well?? And how old are you???
yeah yeah yeah

Davenport, IA

#21 Oct 11, 2012
get it straight wrote:
<quoted text>
You've got a 7 and 8 year old and your teaching them about putting something on the Internet, yet you are on the Internet posting negative things towards someone you don't even know. Ate you teaching them that as well?? And how old are you???
While you may perceive some things as negative because you don't see eye to eye with your views and I find your earlier grammar lacking in basic structure, I was alluding to your foul language you used towards me and well you don't even know me. I teach my children to never ever use foul language like you did earler.

May you have a superlative good day sir.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Wilmington Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
IL Ill. House Approves Legalizing Same-Sex Civil U... (Dec '10) 19 min well 49,521
Why are all mechanics leaving Bob's Auto? 12 hr the real dan 5
IL Illinois Governor Recall Amendment (Oct '10) 14 hr only one voter 1,909
House on Sunset - Wilmington 23 hr Neighbors from Hell 3
Minooka..reality (Apr '13) Mon Kespo54 17
Confederate flag on trucks (May '11) Mon swsc 181
Bobcat Organization Ripped Off???? Aug 31 Soccer mom 7
•••
•••
•••

Wilmington Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000