Jackie from Handsome Alice

Posted in the Wilmington Forum

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
oh please

Shorewood, IL

#1 Aug 11, 2007
i heard from a very unrealiable source that Jackie from Handsome Alice was on heroin. This very unreliable source happens to be the driver of the other car's brother. His brother is now in jail. I had heard prior that the driver and his underage girl passangers were drinking, and he was doing heroin.

does anyone know the real story? I could never picture jackie doing heroin.
Rebecca

Aurora, IL

#2 Aug 21, 2007
What is Handsome Alice????
eiei

Park Forest, IL

#3 Oct 12, 2007
Rebecca wrote:
What is Handsome Alice????
handsome alice is a beauty shop/coffee shop.never been in there but the police do frequent the place. the wilmington police know whats up, for the most part they are straight up shooters, there is only two who are questionable.

Since: Oct 07

cuba

#4 Oct 22, 2007
oh please wrote:
i heard from a very unrealiable source that Jackie from Handsome Alice was on heroin. This very unreliable source happens to be the driver of the other car's brother. His brother is now in jail. I had heard prior that the driver and his underage girl passangers were drinking, and he was doing heroin.
She was a junkie
memyselfandi

Fishers, IN

#5 Oct 23, 2007
okay first off i have been there and go there quit often and the police dont "frequent the place". Yes Jackie had some problems. But as for eiei's comment that"for the most part they are all shooters" eiei is a fucking idiot. its stupid people like that, that ruin a businesses reputation. It's like the old phrase one bad apple DOES NOT spoil the bunch. eiei if you are old enough to work, do you mean to tell me that nobody at your job has done any drugs? and if so then it would be safe to say (by your judgment) that your company is all pot heads or speed freaks? get real people
Jennifer O

Palos Hills, IL

#6 Oct 25, 2007
Ok this is seriouldy ridiculous. Get my hair cut colored, etc their about every 4 weeks. The staff is the most gracious at any salon I have ever been to. They always make time to answer any questions I have and don't try to push products on you. Oh and they also have the best coffee I have ever had other than Starbucks!!!!!!
Nukem

Wilmington, IL

#7 Oct 27, 2007
HandsomeAlice is cool decorated salon high quality service and impeccable coffee. The women there are beautiful and intelligent. I treasure every time and moment when I go there. Word to your mother!
what is that

Bonfield, IL

#8 Oct 28, 2007
what is that? i go there to get my hair done and no one there is on heroin.. where did you get such ludacris info?
oh please wrote:
dirtyjuan

Bonfield, IL

#9 Oct 28, 2007
What is Alice's last name?
Crackhead Willie

Springfield, WI

#10 Oct 28, 2007
Is it by appointment only or do they take walk-ins? I need to get me somea that
dirtyjuan

Bonfield, IL

#11 Oct 28, 2007
Hey willie I think I know you.
Braidwood Tom

United States

#12 Oct 29, 2007
That is cool - Handsome Alice is a front for drugs and they are sponsering our youth athletic programs. Doesn't anyone check references anymore?

Since: Oct 07

cuba

#13 Oct 29, 2007
You must be somewhat retarded. Enjoy Braidwood. Stupid.
braidwood sucks

AOL

#14 Oct 29, 2007
yeah, a front for drugs, you idiot! why don't you check the place out for yourself. it's one of the nicest places in town.
missy

AOL

#15 Oct 29, 2007
Jennifer O wrote:
Ok this is seriouldy ridiculous. Get my hair cut colored, etc their about every 4 weeks. The staff is the most gracious at any salon I have ever been to. They always make time to answer any questions I have and don't try to push products on you. Oh and they also have the best coffee I have ever had other than Starbucks!!!!!!

LOVE THAT PLACE! they did an awesome job at the new shop. best shop and best enviroment in town. all the girls there are sweet. go in there once and you'll never go anywhere else. this place adds to wilmington and the downtown area, and if you don't believe me, then go see for yourself. they do my color all the time, and you get a free drink from the coffehouse.
Braidwood Tom

United States

#16 Oct 30, 2007
Don't get so hot dirtyjuan. I was just going on what op pleae and eiei said. I'm glad to hear that Alice is straight. I just don't want to see someone sponsering kids who is trouble. Our kids deserve the best and and Handsome Alice is a great at you suggest then I for one am glad they sponser the kids programs.
ALICE as in HANDSOME

Fort Wayne, IN

#17 Nov 4, 2007
Here's the trouble with "heresay";nobody really hears what anyone else says, rather, they hear what they choose to.
As creator, owner, operator and artist of Handsome Alice, I am here to tell you naysayers to lay off the rumors about Jaci (appropriate spelling), and the life she led. Let anyone cast that first stone.
As a friend and confidante to Jaci, I employed her to open the coffeehouse in Dec of 2005, which is located inside the Handsome Alice salon, and she was never a disappointment to me.
Hear this: We run a funky-cool, toe-tappin, joe-drinkin, chit-chattin hair joint that serves free (custom) coffees, lattes, cappucinos, etc., to each and every hair client. Our reputation is, and always will be...flawless.
Someone said they gotta 'get some' of it? Bring it on!! Chances are, you won't have to wait to get a haircut, but wish you did, cuz your coffee cup will be making your mouth water while the hair falls onto the floor......
To those who complain that Wilmington has "nothing to offer": Have you ever considered it's because businesses can't stay alive with people who go ELSEWHERE or who just don't know what's available in their own town?? The Downtown Merchants Association would love for you all to check us out every so often and not blow us off...
Our staff is the best you'll ever meet. We say please and thank you and we remember your name, the details of your lives and truly give a damn about who you are and what you're about.
We DO support our children's athletics, and HAVE, for nearly three years...or is it four? We are also involved with the DMA (Downtown Merchants Association), which is an effort to CLEAN UP THE TRASH in the downtown area and make it a place to 'want to be'.
Any further questions or comments, I would appreciate be directed to me, J. Sue Whitmore.
Peace, Love and Chai Tea Buzzcuts,
JSW
Braidwood Tom

United States

#18 Nov 5, 2007
Thanks for JSW for clearing that up - I mean that seriously.

One disagreement however, deals with shopping in town. It is becoming too expensive to shop in town all together. I can go to Ultra or Aldi and save no less than 50 percent plus on my groceries and get the same quality. And I have to admit that while I am there I will eat out and buy gas. Things are too expensive today and you have to save where you can. I realize that local merchants need the business too, but dollars only stretch so far. When I used to work closer to town I did a lot more buying in town. Now that good paying jobs are nowhere to be found around Wilmington I travel and save where I can. I might have to stop and try your coffee sometime as I love a good cup of coffee.

Thanks again and thanks for your support to youth athletics. I just hope the city fathers will do something about bringing in some good paying jobs (now low paying warehouses) so our kids will have a reason to stay in town when they grow up.
ALICE as in HANDSOME

Fort Wayne, IN

#19 Nov 6, 2007
Sorry about getting off the subject...this was all supposed to be about Jaci, as the forum was started, back in August, by oh please.
Jaci had a very hard, very dysfunctional life, even though her IQ could've compared to Einstein's.
She relied on very little for herself; gave everything she had to her kids and settled for whatever she could, to make ends meet.
There were rumors, while she was employed by me, that she was shooting. I watched her very carefully and even asked her straight up, if she was doing the drug, which she denied. Upon few occasions, I even asked her to roll her sleeves up so that I could inspect her veins....she had no needle marks, no tracks...nothing.
Because of her extreme intelligence, she was a bit "strange" and "asocial". Not to mention, she didn't have much trust in people.
I was probably one of the very few people she DID trust, so she thought of me as her friend. To this day, I STILL do not know if Jaci was using heroin or not. She never made mention of it to me and she never asked me for money to borrow, which would've been one indicator, I think. Instead, she brought me home cooked meals and gifts like live houseplants.....
To answer the question of whether or not Jaci was using heroin.....I can't. I just wish that if she was, she would've asked me for help because I would've done ANYTHING for her. May she rest in peace.
JSW
BETTER as in KNOW

United States

#20 Nov 7, 2007
How do you sleep at night?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Wilmington Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Capone's 1 hr fan 6
Giant drug party with over 2000 people in Wilmi... 5 hr Francis 8
sidewalk blocked in front of rosati's causing h... 5 hr Bruce 6
Trailer Park in diamond 7 hr daughter 7
Braceville PE Teacher 7 hr sick 3
Beware Heroin Dealers You Are Going Down 23 hr Photo Album 38
power lifting meet Mon comet 5
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Wilmington Mortgages