Birth Control, Abortion Battles Inspire Protest Legislation

There are 1 comment on the The Huffington Post story from Mar 9, 2012, titled Birth Control, Abortion Battles Inspire Protest Legislation. In it, The Huffington Post reports that:

The controversies have inspired opponents in the legislatures to put forward their own bills and amendments, in order to highlight the unfairness of these bills to women.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at The Huffington Post.

“Come Home America!”

Since: Nov 11

Claymont, Delaware 19809

#1 Mar 9, 2012
After the Republicans lost the 'birth control ' battle with the Obama administration , I'm not even sure what the Republicans are going for at this point. All I know is that if it relates to women, they're against it. Kansas legislature contemplates allowing (and requiring) doctors to lie to women
www.dailykos.com

" The sweeping anti-abortion bill working its way through the Kansas Legislature would levy a sales tax on women seeking abortions, including rape victims.

Buried in the 69-page bill being considered by the House Federal and State Affairs Committee are several provisions, in fact, that opponents say would increase taxes on those who seek abortions. The tax sections do not include exemptions for women who want an abortion after a sexual assault or to end a life-threatening pregnancy.

That's great, that's just great. Are you going to die because of complications of your pregnancy? Well, now there's a tax for that. Raped? Yeah, we have a Rape Tax now. Not for the perpetrators of rape, of course—only for the victims.

You would think that the anti-any-tax-for-any-reason leveling a new (Rush-Limbaugh-Approved-Word) Tax, or Rape Tax, or Save Your Damn Life Tax would maybe be the most offensive thing they could come up with. But this is Kansas, where murdering abortion-providing doctors is fine with some measurable slice of the Republican population, so there's really no lower bound on how low the state legislature is allowed to go."

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Wilmington Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Delaware goes to War May 1 jason 1
Review: Inex Group LLC Apr '15 JBW 1
News Obama: First priority to determine if Americans... (Jul '14) Mar '15 darlene watrous 3
News Ronald D. Edwards Feb '15 floodmaker3 2
News Brawl between Pagans, Thunderguards reported at... (Jun '13) Feb '15 jarhead 9
News Creditors ask for probe into missed chances to ... Feb '15 tashatreiff 1
BP Holdings Group Press Releases Feb '15 jonescuries 1
More from around the web

Wilmington People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]