Afro-American Historical Society files complaint with Attorney General

Feb 13, 2012 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: Delaware Online

Afro-American Historical Society files complaint w...: Members of the Afro-American Historical Society filed a complaint with the state Attorney General's Office accusing Mayor James M. Baker of wrongly awarding $1 million to the Delaware Historical Society to establish a black heritage center.

Comments

Showing posts 1 - 20 of104
< prev page
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:

Since: Feb 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 13, 2012

Judged:

Fighting for which black historical center gets our money. You people are pathetic.
A disease who's time has come to leave this place and infect this great country nevermore!

“Obsidian Princess”

Since: Sep 09

louisiana

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 14, 2012

why build another historical center when you already have one available?

something don't sound right.

“Shine Bright Like...”

Since: Jan 12

A Diamond

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 15, 2012

Judged:

Stupid dumb a$$, how is it your money?? This is starting to get old..

You don't even take a break from trolling to even HAVE a job, so wtf are you talking about?? How can you complain about something that has NOTHING to do with you??
Pke19808

Philadelphia, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 15, 2012

Judged:

Blaq American Princess wrote:
Stupid dumb a$$, how is it your money?? This is starting to get old..
You don't even take a break from trolling to even HAVE a job, so wtf are you talking about?? How can you complain about something that has NOTHING to do with you??
Great reply Princess.Tell the jerk! He is probably some racist idiot with no teeth, watching Jerry Springer, with nothing else to do. Pathetic!

Since: Nov 11

Dallas, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 15, 2012

I think all taxes, not just yours.

“Obsidian Princess”

Since: Sep 09

louisiana

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 15, 2012

oh Rea11y __ wrote:
<quoted text>Did you know that unemployment benefits are taxable income?
Of course you didn't. In order to collect unemployment, you have to have lost your JOB, you pathetic welfare sponge.
you don't know what you are talking about, lol!

Since: Dec 11

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 16, 2012

Judged:

Don't feed the trolls.

I was actually curious about the matter and was going to pose some lucid questions until I found out it was posted just to get a rise out of people.

“Old 16th Graveyard hole”

AOL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 16, 2012

Judged:

It's all about control of the money. It's a million dollar grant but they would need to raise about 3 million more, more probably because the place they want to use is not even close to being ready. The Historical Society has a very nicely located venue already, and it's ready to be used. The smoke screen of only Blacks can talk do Black History is just silly. If they were so hot to trot why haven't they already done it?
pke19808

Philadelphia, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 16, 2012

Judged:

Ballybunion wrote:
It's all about control of the money. It's a million dollar grant but they would need to raise about 3 million more, more probably because the place they want to use is not even close to being ready. The Historical Society has a very nicely located venue already, and it's ready to be used. The smoke screen of only Blacks can talk do Black History is just silly. If they were so hot to trot why haven't they already done it?
LOL, Hi BobbyJo,Blufton,SC, Golden Horseshoe, PNGreen, PinkandGreen, Get Serious, StayRight(Banned), Centaurus, Tralee, Balleybunion. All your phoney screen names. Spoken like a clueless, racist, stupid, spoiled, privledged, lazy white woman.
Talk Delaware too restrictive, now, eh???

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 16, 2012

Judged:

pke19808 wrote:
<quoted text>
LOL, Hi BobbyJo,Blufton,SC, Golden Horseshoe, PNGreen, PinkandGreen, Get Serious, StayRight(Banned), Centaurus, Tralee, Balleybunion. All your phoney screen names. Spoken like a clueless, racist, stupid, spoiled, privledged, lazy white woman.
Talk Delaware too restrictive, now, eh???
Ballybunion may be all of those things, but shouldn't you prove it by effectively refuting his/her statements with your own and debating the subject rather than just throwing out gratuitous assertions and resoting to name calling?

AOL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 16, 2012

Judged:

Globus wrote:
<quoted text>
Ballybunion may be all of those things, but shouldn't you prove it by effectively refuting his/her statements with your own and debating the subject rather than just throwing out gratuitous assertions and resoting to name calling?
Exactly, unfortunately, that is not possible with this person, I just ignore the rants. A serious conversation is always welcomed.

AOL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 16, 2012

Judged:

I have a lot of information and contacts at the Historical Society and they want nothing but the best for all concerned. Scott will see to it that the extra money is raised and that the exhibit is done extremely well. He has years of experience and despite the color of his skin, he will do a good job.(Isn't it slightly racist to insist that only a black person can do the job?) Also, the Historical Socuiety is well established right on Market Street. Easily located by all.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 21, 2012

Judged:

Look, I don't have a dog in this fight and don't care to get mixed up in a feud between anyone. All I'm saying is that when all you post is personal attacks on someone in every single thread in which they post it detracts from the enjoyment of the conversations. I've actually had thoughts that it is being done to sabotage the forum at the behest of a competitor it's gotten so bad.

I don't know, maybe this place just isn't for me. I'll check out the Talk Delaware thing I guess.

AOL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 21, 2012

Judged:

Globus wrote:
Look, I don't have a dog in this fight and don't care to get mixed up in a feud between anyone. All I'm saying is that when all you post is personal attacks on someone in every single thread in which they post it detracts from the enjoyment of the conversations. I've actually had thoughts that it is being done to sabotage the forum at the behest of a competitor it's gotten so bad.
I don't know, maybe this place just isn't for me. I'll check out the Talk Delaware thing I guess.
I hope you do, that one and one other (Frontporch) got banned for being trolls and it just added to their state of constant anger. I love it over there, good talks without all the name calling. I don't mind if someone has a different opinion, I'm willing to debate it if necessary, I just don't like the abuse Pikecreek (no matter how many different ways she writes it) and her buddy like to hand out to anyone who holds a different POV. Drop by, BTW I am Tralee on TD.

AOL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 21, 2012

Judged:

I was reading about this in the NJ, looking at the pictures of some of the signs is discouraging. It still seems all about the MILLION dollars and not so much about creating a great Black History section of Delaware History. As Scott said, the Del. Hist. Soc. has been trying to recruit Blacks to the Del. Hist. Society. Without success, I guess DE History is not important enough to warrant their participation, but throw out a MILLION dollars and they came out of the woodwork. They don't have the organization to raise the added 2 or 3 Million it will take to do a bang up job. Rather that hulk around with misspelled signs and signs that make no sense, how about joining their own state's historical society and work together to produce the very best that can be done? One sign had "Shame on DHS Delawar History Society not our story." For shame, if you aren't even interested enough to spell the name of the state correctly, I doubt you are interested in anything other than getting your hands on the money. A telling phrase is one by Lance Bruce, a board member of the NAACP, and I quote, "he fears the black community could be 'out of the loop of economic opportunity."
PKE19808

Philadelphia, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 23, 2012

Judged:

Ballybunion wrote:
<quoted text>
I hope you do, that one and one other (Frontporch) got banned for being trolls and it just added to their state of constant anger. I love it over there, good talks without all the name calling. I don't mind if someone has a different opinion, I'm willing to debate it if necessary, I just don't like the abuse Pikecreek (no matter how many different ways she writes it) and her buddy like to hand out to anyone who holds a different POV. Drop by, BTW I am Tralee on TD.
BobbyJo,Blufton,SC, Golden Horseshoe, PNGreen, PinkandGreen, Get Serious, StayRight(Banned), Centaurus, Tralee, Balleybunion, all former fake screen names. Again with your lies and misrepresentations. We were all banned (you included for 3 days) Frontporch and I for a week. Instead of going back to such a heavily censored, and obviously right-wing site, I will not set foot on there. No one has banned me for good, and I reported the other to the FCC. Now you were banned for 3 days by Chase. Suddenly it was only 3 hours. And you are a "supported". Care to explain that one.One can put two and two together, eh? The way you lie and twist things, no wonder you are in the Tea Party.
You wrote:
I love it over there, good talks without all the name calling

Yeah, how can you exist over there. My sources tell me you are riding close to the edge. Your frustration is apparent.

You wrote:
I don't mind if someone has a different opinion, I'm willing to debate it if necessary, I just don't like the abuse Pikecreek (no matter how many different ways she writes it) and her buddy like to hand out to anyone who holds a different POV

Since when can YOU handle another POV? LOL. On here, Delaware Online YOU are notorious, LOL. Have you also told people how you schemed with other Tea Partiers, and like-minded people on there to obtain different screen names to harrass people on there that didn't agree with you? Hence, all the screen names.
No frontporch and I simply won't let you take over this site. And you're not. Get used to it. You were stopped. Just like on Delaware Online.
PKE19808

Philadelphia, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 23, 2012

Judged:

Ballybunion wrote:
I was reading about this in the NJ, looking at the pictures of some of the signs is discouraging. It still seems all about the MILLION dollars and not so much about creating a great Black History section of Delaware History. As Scott said, the Del. Hist. Soc. has been trying to recruit Blacks to the Del. Hist. Society. Without success, I guess DE History is not important enough to warrant their participation, but throw out a MILLION dollars and they came out of the woodwork. They don't have the organization to raise the added 2 or 3 Million it will take to do a bang up job. Rather that hulk around with misspelled signs and signs that make no sense, how about joining their own state's historical society and work together to produce the very best that can be done? One sign had "Shame on DHS Delawar History Society not our story." For shame, if you aren't even interested enough to spell the name of the state correctly, I doubt you are interested in anything other than getting your hands on the money. A telling phrase is one by Lance Bruce, a board member of the NAACP, and I quote, "he fears the black community could be 'out of the loop of economic opportunity."
What a truly condescending, racist post. Meanspirted by a bitter old white woman.
You wrote:
I doubt you are interested in anything other than getting your hands on the money

No tralee/Balleybunion not everyone thinks like you do. Perhaps it is about pride? Or are you that short-sighted?

AOL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 23, 2012

Judged:

["chase wrote:
You guys are funny, the fcc, seriously? That's a good one. All of you guys got on td together, bashed a member, misused the rep system, and that member was a small party to it. You were all banned for a week, tralee for 3 days. Afterward she contacted me via the contact form, that everyone can use, to plead her case. I removed her ban after looking at the situation again.

After this, after i told you all i knew when people made alt names, a few of you tried it. I told you all i would know, and i did, and now whoever did that will never be on talk delaware again.

You can whine about it all you want here, we have simple rules, you broke them, get over it. I will not tolerate people signing up just to dog on others which is exactly what a few of you did.

Bye bye"]

So much for the deception that Frontporch and Pikecreek were NOT banned from TD. They broke the rules, spent weeks whining about it and now their latest version is that they walked away all by themselves. LOL, nope, they got banned for signing on while they were suspended with several different names. Chase told them he would know, he did, and they are not welcome back. BTW - the vaunted "Site Supporter" you are so sure is the reason I was cleared of any wrong doing cost me a whopping,$15 a year. Yep, that certainly would be enough to turn anyone's head. LOL, you guys are just too silly to exist in the real world. I have just about decided that Pikecreek (no matter how many different versions of THAT name she needs to make up to get back on here) is just someone made up to see just how hateful one can be and still get away with it. It has to be a prank, a put on, no one is that angry 24/7 and vicious against someone they don't even know unless they have a severe mental illness. So, take your pick, mentally ill or a pranker. Whatever, neither is worth one more second of my time. Have a good life, whatever your reason for this silly childish vendetta against a perfect stranger, but get help, you need it no matter why you are doing this. They are weird, bizarre and stranger than fiction. Oh, forgot, just how is (LOL) that FCC thingy going? Got it out of the round file yet?

“Come Home America!”

Claymont, Delaware 19809

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 23, 2012

Judged:

ballybunion/tralee, "no one is that angry 24/7 and vicious against someone they don't even know unless they have a severe mental illness. So, take your pick, mentally ill or a pranker" Say again why you're not over at www.talkdelware.com and here instead 24/7 stalking the negative icons and posters that you hate from the past www.delawareonline.com and www.talkdelaware.com days ? Say again, I can't hear you?:-)

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 24, 2012

Judged:

I've never been to the Delaware Historical Society so maybe I'm not understanding the entire issue correctly. Considering the racial makeup of the state, I would expect to see a substantial African-American influence in the exhibitions and materials already in place. Is this not the case? Have they chosen to only show the history of European-Americans? I guess I don't understand why a separate African-American Historical Society is even needed.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 1 - 20 of104
< prev page
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••

Wilmington News Video

•••
Wilmington Dating

more search filters

less search filters

•••

Wilmington Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••