California auto startup Fisker to bui...

California auto startup Fisker to build hybrid cars at idled GM...

There are 1 comment on the Santa Cruz Sentinel story from Oct 27, 2009, titled California auto startup Fisker to build hybrid cars at idled GM.... In it, Santa Cruz Sentinel reports that:

Luxury automaker Fisker Automotive is buying a shuttered General Motors assembly plant in Delaware to produce plug-in hybrid electric cars, officials said Tuesday.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Santa Cruz Sentinel.

Alan B

Arvin, CA

#2 Oct 27, 2009
I'm all for Fiskar, Tesla, etc. but one thing still bothers me: There were many American makers of electric cars in the first 20 years or so of the 20th century. The cars were reliable and, at least some of them, had a range in excess of 100 miles. This was on lead-acid batteries! Why can't someone simply replace the lead-acid with comparable weight of modern lithium-ion or other battery and market a full electric with a range of 400 miles?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Wilmington Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Looking for Martha Deitz Aug 17 Georgia 1
searching Aug 17 Old Friend 1
Election Who do you support for U.S. House in Delaware (... (Nov '10) Jul 31 Support Phartss 5
Veterans Hospital in Elsmere ,De (Jul '14) May '17 Sam Cork 3
has anyone seen "Chinese Sarah" or Asian Sara..... (Aug '15) May '17 Thekid4208 3
News Standoff ends in Middletown, suspect in troopera Apr '17 Joyous Carnac 1
My heart is open and ready for love Apr '17 Oliver 1

Wilmington Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Wilmington Mortgages