River Grove looks to revamp area arou...

River Grove looks to revamp area around Metra station

There are 4 comments on the ElmLeaves story from Feb 8, 2013, titled River Grove looks to revamp area around Metra station. In it, ElmLeaves reports that:

Ray Bernero, River Grove's economic development director, said the village has targeted the village's Metra train station, located just north of Grand Avenue and west of Thatcher Avenue, as a hub of new development.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at ElmLeaves.

diane

Chicago, IL

#1 Feb 9, 2013
I just finished this article and I am worried.

It is great that River Grove is possibly receiving a grant for future development around the Metra Station.

Is everyone ignoring the most important question here?

Maybe I am the only one that has noticed that traffic along thatcher is backed up in both north and south directions whenever there is a train.

And it is getting worse. And with this Ohare project that is supposd to bring in more traffic I am guessing will only add more traffic to the mix.

I try to visualize what it will look like and if it is overdeveloped around the Metra station and the traffic becomes even more greater...it will be congested five fold.

Has Mr. Bernero and all the urban planners taken this into consideration? I certainly hope so.

What does everyone else think. Is it just me or do others get stuck in traffic for long periods of time during rush hour.

Oh and dont forget all the funerals that also block traffic along this street.

these are critical considerations to take into account.
Frank no breeze

Elmwood Park, IL

#2 Feb 10, 2013
I had them pigs in my pocket for years.

If that vacant stripmall east on grand is any indication of what is really going on in town.

Then I would say Mr Bernzero is blind and being payed to lie
russ

Chicago, IL

#3 Feb 10, 2013
i hope they dont develop too much because for sure that area may need to be one day used as either an overpass or an underpass for all that traffic.

If I was a developer...i wouldnt touch that area with a ten foot pole.

Thatcher is congested and developing around the rr tracks is only going to make it worse.
annie

Oak Park, IL

#4 Feb 26, 2013
They're all a bunch of idiots. Hey how about a library or park. How about something for the kids instead of something for their pockets.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Wilmette Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
First Government Lease / Paul Graver (Sep '12) Sun RRB 8
Review: iLoveKickboxing - Skokie Oct 12 Anonymous 1
News Police: 'If Your Pants Are Sagging, Stay Out of... Oct 8 Lowest of Them All 2
Moving to Schiller park Oct 2 Gif 4
Who do you support for U.S. House in Illinois (... (Oct '10) Sep 27 NoMoreIncumbents 137
News American Escrow: Illinois attorney general prob... (Mar '09) Sep 24 achmad karma 328
News Skokie man is charged with sexual assault of pa... (Sep '08) Sep '17 Johnson Mora 19

Wilmette Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Wilmette Mortgages