tool alert

Hoffman Estates, IL

#1 Apr 7, 2011
http://articles.chicagotribune.com/2011-03-30...

This article is disturbing, sad, funny and indicative with how ill-informed your town must be. Wow! I guess the snobby stereotype is true.

News Flash: people live full, productive lives on $75k or so! I know that may be hard for some of you in your ivory towers to believe, but perhaps if you do some research you would know.

How arrogant of you to assume people at this salary level are not worthy of living in your community. Maybe you should pay police and fire personnel more money....for protecting you and saving you!

FYI - my husband makes around $90k a year, I stay home and raise our kids and love it, it's an honor and I'm not rushing off to some meaningless corp job for 14 hours a day. We have a lovely home valued at $400+(could be more), 4 BR, 2 1/2 bath, LR, DR, office, paver patio, professional landscaping, 3 car garage with 2 paid for vehicles, neighbors we are great friends with and all socialize.

OUr community has homes from $100k to the multi-millions. And yes, we all coexist wonderfully, with everyone bringing their talents to the table. We help our poor, educate everyone and have enviable test scores. I can be to the city in an hour to enjoy all it has to offer.

Do yourselves a favor...leave the little bubble you live in and check out the rest of the world. Maybe a mission trip somewhere so you can better appreciate all that you have but are more compassionate to others.

I know, I know...you have fabulous fashion shows where you raise thousands for charities. Big woo! Instead of patting yourselves on the back, skip the show, donate the money anyway, and spend the time in a soup kitchen.

Nah...that might take human decency which apparently is lacking up there.
attic doll

Dawson Springs, KY

#2 Jul 16, 2013
here's an eye opener. i'm self employed as a cleaning lady. my wages are extremely low, but fortunately i always had a "real job" while i was raising my sons, who are now grown.

although i'm poorer now than i have ever been, my sense of humor is grand, my compassion for those less fortunate than i is felt through every fiber of my being, i feel truly blessed when i do get a really good meal and i'm content with having little...i want to get as close to God as I can and i don't need everything to distract me from what is truly real.

lastly, we are all equal...like it or not.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Wilmette Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Szeszol named River Grove Library trustee (Mar '10) 15 hr Deep Throat 842
The Auxiliary of NorthShore University HealthSy... Wed Amy S 1
Attorney says rap star refuses to return to Ill... Wed Thomas B 1
telenetsystems.us Wed Amy 1
www.telenetsystems.us Wed Tim Rapagolia 2
Ray Bernero Oct 21 concered 5
McScambells Blog Sucks! Oct 21 poet 4
Wilmette Dating
Find my Match

Wilmette Jobs