River Grove Library
rgres

Chicago, IL

#22 Feb 20, 2013
always looking wrote:
well all of the staff that were mentioned above are already gone.
And when I go there, the library is always quiet.
And now there is a tall, dark and handsome fella working at the desk. This will bring in the ladies for sure.
what a dream boat.
All ladies....make sure you make a visit to the library to check out this handsome man.
I think I see him working right now, hes wearing a grey shirt is that him? He's tall!
Roxy

Lombard, IL

#23 Mar 4, 2013
Yes they have all moved on because this library pays library professionals minimum wage, these are people with masters degrees. Jeeze. That board is totally clueless.
foxy

Chicago, IL

#24 Mar 28, 2013
yup that is him. He is tall.

There is also another young guy, I think Polish...who is hot too.

Wow....that will bring in the younger crowd...

All these young hot men and girls.

Sure beats what used to be there......

Even Virginia is hot !!!! She was always hot.
rgres wrote:
<quoted text>
I think I see him working right now, hes wearing a grey shirt is that him? He's tall!
foxy

Chicago, IL

#25 Mar 28, 2013
the board is all men who have been in power too long...like say 30 years. dinosaurs. They are so out of touch.

Because of them, there is no new library. They just make dumb decisions that costs everyone a ton of money.

It is like a hamsterwheel with them.
Roxy wrote:
Yes they have all moved on because this library pays library professionals minimum wage, these are people with masters degrees. Jeeze. That board is totally clueless.
Mary

Chicago, IL

#26 Oct 7, 2013
Instead of buildinga new library, why doesnt the library move into the new strip mall. There are some empty buildings there...in the meantime.

I mean this is the worst time to be asking for a new library...in the middle of the worst economy.

People still have not bounced back. Give us a break.

That strip mall has been empty for over 5t years...why not use that building?

It is probably cheaper than a new library.

Is the current library bilding unsafe? is it going to cave in or something?

the strip mall could be temporary.
jim

Chicago, IL

#27 Apr 4, 2014
the library had hired some great staff lately but now there is some witch who works at the front desk. I think her name is ann or anna...red frizzy hair and glasses. She has got to be one of the most unfriendliest people working at the library. She is driving customers away. I dont know where the library found her but she is sort of rigid, unfriendly and uncaring.

I hope this one doesnt last long because I cant stand dealing with her. I dont know how the rest of the staff gets along with her but she is like some little dictator.

I hope the director sees how she is a negative for the library. She seems very self centered and unreasonable.
Old Timer

Chicago, IL

#28 Apr 4, 2014
I know exactly who you are talking about. She shouldnt be working with the public. She needs to be working by herself in the back alone where she doesnt interact with people. She seems very anti social.
jim wrote:
the library had hired some great staff lately but now there is some witch who works at the front desk. I think her name is ann or anna...red frizzy hair and glasses. She has got to be one of the most unfriendliest people working at the library. She is driving customers away. I dont know where the library found her but she is sort of rigid, unfriendly and uncaring.
I hope this one doesnt last long because I cant stand dealing with her. I dont know how the rest of the staff gets along with her but she is like some little dictator.
I hope the director sees how she is a negative for the library. She seems very self centered and unreasonable.
kelly

Chicago, IL

#29 Apr 4, 2014
yup..you're right..she is very unfriendly. She needs to take a class on working with the public or customer service. I understand there are rules but her demeanor is very condescending to people. She needs to crack a smile or take a class on being friendly or diplomatic.
jim wrote:
Sue

Rolling Meadows, IL

#30 Apr 4, 2014
It seems like every time the library hires professionals that are put down and a threat. They are all very helpful and knowlegeable.
Young Unprofessionals wrote:
There's a young woman who works at this library and the Northlake one who's also pretty rude. Northlake library also had a young burly manager who was very belligerent. And as the above poster says, they're not very friendly in Schiller Park either.
A lot of good people are looking for work. Maybe these libraries will start hiring people who will be more thankful they have a job.
Bill

Chicago, IL

#31 Apr 5, 2014
All the folks at the library are nice. There is this new person, I think her name is Chris....what a lovely lady. She is a delight.
Jim

Chicago, IL

#32 Apr 5, 2014
I have been going to the library for over 20 plus years... then all of a sudden I get waited on by this woman and treats me like I am some criminal trying to get away with something. There is a way to do things ....the way she went about aswking for id was not the most professional or courteous way to go about things.

maybe post a big sign about asking for I.Ds from people...like the way they do in the banks... it may be better than being questioned by this lady. I felt like I was some criminal trying to get away with stealing or that I was not the person I said I was. Try diplomacy.
Sue wrote:
It seems like every time the library hires professionals that are put down and a threat. They are all very helpful and knowlegeable.
<quoted text>
mary

Chicago, IL

#33 Apr 6, 2014
I agree... most likely this young lady is new and was doing her job ..... i have noticed some people walk into the library like they are some local celebrities and should automatically be recognized.... sorry......there is a lot of identity theft going around lately and she is doing her job. Perhaps the other clerks were lax and let these "local celebrities " slide but this woman was doing her job and I commend her.
Sue wrote:
<quoted text>
mary

Chicago, IL

#34 Apr 6, 2014
yes...she is a very nice person. I think I saw her working at another local library. Very very nice. They are all nice....and courteous and professional.
Bill wrote:
All the folks at the library are nice. There is this new person, I think her name is Chris....what a lovely lady. She is a delight.
Bob

Rolling Meadows, IL

#35 Apr 6, 2014
It seems like everytime the library hires a smart person they are picked on .

I see the heavy set young girl who has been working in the library quite awhile reading a book at the desk.
Young Unprofessionals wrote:
There's a young woman who works at this library and the Northlake one who's also pretty rude. Northlake library also had a young burly manager who was very belligerent. And as the above poster says, they're not very friendly in Schiller Park either.
A lot of good people are looking for work. Maybe these libraries will start hiring people who will be more thankful they have a job.
Bob

Rolling Meadows, IL

#36 Apr 6, 2014
She is probably smart and quit complaining. the big girl is always reading her book at the desk. now i don't see her reading like she used to. she probably has some work to do. now she can't read her book. i never see stafff at other libraries reading at the desk.
that manager should do something.
jim wrote:
Ms Dill Pickle

Chicago, IL

#37 Apr 7, 2014
Stop your complaining and stop stalking the poor staff at the library. They are paid very little, receive no health insurance and have to deal with the egotistical idiots like you who think everyone should know who you are and kiss the ground you walk on.
Every single member of the staff is of the utmost kindness and professionalism. They get paid very little for the silliness that they have to put up with.
Most of you have been spoiled by past staff and now you think you deserve to be spoiled by the new staff....well no way Jose....times are different....everyone is concerned about identity theft and i.d.s need to be asked for just like every other place in the world. It is a new world. Be thankful they do it...because someone may have been using your I>D>.
foxy

Chicago, IL

#38 Apr 7, 2014
you must be one of those losers that hang out at the library all day and the only love, attention and validation you get is from the poor staff at the library desk. Get a life.... Grow up.
Jim wrote:
I have been going to the library for over 20 plus years... then all of a sudden I get waited on by this woman and treats me like I am some criminal trying to get away with something. There is a way to do things ....the way she went about aswking for id was not the most professional or courteous way to go about things.
maybe post a big sign about asking for I.Ds from people...like the way they do in the banks... it may be better than being questioned by this lady. I felt like I was some criminal trying to get away with stealing or that I was not the person I said I was. Try diplomacy.
<quoted text>
foxy

Chicago, IL

#39 Apr 7, 2014
I know who you are...you are that obnoxious balding greek guy.
Get a life. Stop bothering the staff at the library.
Jim wrote:
<quoted text>
marge

Chicago, IL

#40 Apr 23, 2014
to all of you so interested in the library going ons...the Friends of the Library group is starting up again... why dont you folks join...then you will know all the comings and goings of what is going on at the library.
Not blind

Chicago, IL

#41 Nov 6, 2014
Well.. I hope this director can have more luck with the board of directors than all the others.

One thing..since there is no money for new library... how about at least making the present library a little more pleasant for the residents. I don't know if the trustees are blind but the library looks like a DUMP outside ... How about painting the library so it looks presentable and appealing. It looks like a prison with the rusty bars on the windows and the rusty door. How much is paint compared to all the money they have dumped on othe rprojects?

Also...what is with the man in the basement selling the library's books for his extra change money? Shouldn't the library be getting back the money from the old books he is selling instead of him? He has nothing to do with the library. That is unethical

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Wilmette Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
RIver Grove Gangs (Oct '10) 4 hr Antigang 61
Mccambell Kids (Nov '14) Sun MCambell sucks 5
Sahara Inn Jul 21 John 1
Who do you support for U.S. House in Illinois (... (Oct '10) Jul 10 The Graduate 70
Mayor Piltavar Jul 10 William 4
News American Escrow: Illinois attorney general prob... (Mar '09) Jul 3 Slim shady 327
hooooray uk!!! Jun '16 Thomas the Turban... 1

Wilmette Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Wilmette Mortgages