Georges Show Lounge
First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Nancy

Ottawa, IL

#1 Sep 20, 2010
Does anyone remember a bar on Milwaukee and Golf in Niles called Georges Show Lounge...it was around in the late 60's early 70's. A Band played there called the Chicago Fire. I was wondering whatever happened to the band.
terry

Las Vegas, NV

#2 Apr 14, 2011
i went there every night. they were open till 4 am. best band that played there was buddy and the citations
terry

Las Vegas, NV

#3 Apr 14, 2011
nancy, what about the bramble bush or the dolphan lounges
terry

Van Nuys, CA

#4 May 22, 2011
nancy, i think that some of chicago became THE BIG THING then became chicago transit athority, then chicago. i found BUDDY from buddy and the citations. he lives in henderson nv.

Since: Sep 11

United States

#5 Sep 11, 2011
Nancy wrote:
Does anyone remember a bar on Milwaukee and Golf in Niles called Georges Show Lounge...it was around in the late 60's early 70's. A Band played there called the Chicago Fire. I was wondering whatever happened to the band.
Nancy: I believe I found The daughter of two members of The Chicago Fire...that played @ George's Show lounge in Niles..The group formed in 1968...She has 2 pictures of The band posted on her Facebook page...Her parents live in Texas...
thanks for the replies

Ottawa, IL

#6 Sep 15, 2011
I used to work at George's and started wondering about the band,,,it was so long ago it seemed like another world. I always thought the band was called Chicago Fire. I thought they were really good and just sorta wondered how their careers progressed. Funny how we start thinking about our past as we get older.
Hugs
terry

Dallas, TX

#7 Sep 16, 2011
thanks for the replies wrote:
I used to work at George's and started wondering about the band,,,it was so long ago it seemed like another world. I always thought the band was called Chicago Fire. I thought they were really good and just sorta wondered how their careers progressed. Funny how we start thinking about our past as we get older.
Hugs
you don't remember a group called buddy and the citations
Nancy

Forsyth, IL

#8 Sep 16, 2011
terry wrote:
<quoted text>
you don't remember a group called buddy and the citations
I keep racking my feeble ole brain with no luck...I only worked at George's in 1968-69 were they before that time?
terry

Dallas, TX

#9 Sep 21, 2011
they might have been there before your time there. did you ever go to the dolphin lounge or the bramble bush. they were really great places.
Nancy

Forsyth, IL

#10 Sep 21, 2011
Terry, I did go to the Dolphin...they used to get some really good people there. I seem to remember some guy that played the "organ"...I had lots of fun there. It all seems like a whole lifetime ago. I used to be a young hippie chick...now I am a 66 year old grandmother of 5...I keep wondering where the time went.
terry

United States

#11 Sep 24, 2011
nterryncy i saw one of the EVERY BROTHERS there one night. we sure had alot of great lounges in those days. good music, not like this crap today. being in las vegas i've seen alot of the oldie bands that still tour. most of them only have one or two of the orginal members in the band, but it's still good music

what high school did you go to? i went to glenbrook north.
terry

United States

#12 Sep 24, 2011
sure screwed up your name at start lf last message. lousy with computers
thanks for the replies

Ottawa, IL

#13 Sep 24, 2011
terry wrote:
nterryncy i saw one of the EVERY BROTHERS there one night. we sure had alot of great lounges in those days. good music, not like this crap today. being in las vegas i've seen alot of the oldie bands that still tour. most of them only have one or two of the orginal members in the band, but it's still good music
what high school did you go to? i went to glenbrook north.
I went to school in Chicago. I did not move to Niles til 1967...moved back to Chicago in 1970...
terry

United States

#14 Sep 24, 2011
i used to live right off of milwaukee ave. north at lake street in glenview.in those days there was nothing out there. now it's packed with business and homes. i go back there every so often
JoAnne

Wheaton, IL

#15 Oct 11, 2011
anyone remember the Mob that played there???
terry jaco costra rica

San Josť, Costa Rica

#16 Oct 29, 2011
to any interested in chicago rock type in "how chicago rocked the 60's"

Since: Sep 11

United States

#17 Oct 29, 2011
JoAnne wrote:
anyone remember the Mob that played there???
JoAnne,there is a MOB fan page on Facebook..you can chat with Mike Sistak,James Holvay,Jimmy Ford,Artie Herrera & his brother Big Al Herrera as well as the drummer Bobby Ruffino..all great guys from The Mob(The first successful showband with a horn section originally from Chicago)
terry-m

Las Vegas, NV

#18 Dec 23, 2013
nobody writing any more?
jayjay331

Chicago, IL

#19 Jan 18, 2014
Anybody remember the nine-member band 'The Neighborhood" @ George's Show Lounge???

Since: Sep 11

Chicago, IL

#20 Jan 18, 2014
Anybody remember the 9- member band called "The Neighborhood" appearing @ George's Show Lounge banck in the day????

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Wilmette Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Northbrook considers legal options for potentia... Sun MAGAfiggypops 9
Spend your money somewhere ELSE:BOYCOTT DEERFIELD Sun MAGAfiggypops 7
landlords name over 8355 o'connor drive river g... Sat Cheetos1146 1
Deadline Announced for Appealing Your Property ... May 3 Lowest of them All 2
Old Evanston (Aug '09) Apr 30 Nancy 22
News Shooting victim's funeral in Evanston erupts in... (Mar '08) Apr 23 GANG banger whoop... 81
NAZIS IN WILMETTE! patrick langballe gets arres... (Dec '10) Feb '18 HeyHoLetsGo 5

Wilmette Jobs

Personal Finance

Wilmette Mortgages