RG Board Minutes Available in the li...

RG Board Minutes Available in the library

Posted in the Wilmette Forum

Bob

United States

#1 Oct 25, 2013
I heard the library board minutes are in the library now. I wonder why they were not available before to read.
Budd Street Joe

Chicago, IL

#2 Nov 6, 2013
The minutes should have always been available to the public. Better yet...people should attend the meetings if they really want change or to know what is going on. If you guys really want change within the River Grove Library...then show up to the meetings ....instead of accuse people on this blog.

That is the only way you can change things. Maybe the board is scared and is only now doing things the way things should always have been done.

The way they do things... is very secretive. Also those meetings should be held on the first floor,not on the second floor. There are some folks who are disabled and can not use those stairs.

Plus the board should stop letting their kids use the library as their own private gaming club.
That just looks tacky.
Bob wrote:
I heard the library board minutes are in the library now. I wonder why they were not available before to read.
long time rg resident

Mount Prospect, IL

#3 Nov 20, 2013
The minutes should be posted online. Someone was saying it was required to post them.

I agree I wonder if the board is getting nervous. all of sudden the minutes are available to read.

I heard the old man is sick.
Tip

Sugar Grove, IL

#4 Nov 20, 2013
Incumbents are going to be beat-able in the next election cycle. People are getting desperate for real change, and its sweeping across the entire nation, like unemployment, tax increases less services and so on. People are barely able to put food on the table anymore and are sick of hearing the same old re-treaded promises and lies. While the political class just "whistles past the graveyard".
Old Timer

Chicago, IL

#5 Jan 11, 2014
maybe if one of the long time trustees is sick and may have to step down, everyone is nervous that an outsider have to be picked...and then all their secrets will come out. Maybe they are hatching some plan to get another insider to take his place...so all the secrets stay close and unrevealed. Wow...if one of those long time trustees is gone..and then they cant get someone to replace, maybe their whole board will be disbanded.

And they are getting nervous about all their secrets...about how they have mismanaged the library money.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Wilmette Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Allstate Employees Partner Together for Bring O... 14 hr NMar 1
Allstate Employees Partner Together for Bring O... 14 hr NMar 1
News Cook County prosecutor charged with drug use, p... (Feb '08) Jun 16 Mary McClintock 23
Old Evanston (Aug '09) Jun 15 Jack 19
News 31 days of Chicago's best sandwiches Jun 11 Oh You Kid 4
News What do you love and hate? (Jan '09) Jun 1 I bet 17
News Fingers point over continued Chicago population... Jun 1 Toomey Butler 1

Wilmette Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Wilmette Mortgages