Who is for getting rid of morrow in chesterfield?

Posted in the Willsboro Forum

Comments
1 - 20 of 25 Comments Last updated Jan 1, 2014
First Prev
of 2
Next Last
snow plow TOC

Beallsville, MD

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 9, 2011

Judged:

He is the reason taxes are so high. His crazy project for the port kent folks golf course 8 million. Now come on we must stop this. We have to pay for all his crazy spending and his high pay check. Its time for change. Do not vote for him do us all a great favor.
fed up

Saint Johnsville, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 10, 2011

Judged:

snow plow TOC wrote:
He is the reason taxes are so high. His crazy project for the port kent folks golf course 8 million. Now come on we must stop this. We have to pay for all his crazy spending and his high pay check. Its time for change. Do not vote for him do us all a great favor.
how about all the money he made "stealing" land from old people by befriending them getting it cheap then selling it back to the town for a huge profit.. such as: Keeseville Industrial Park aka:
DRUG DEAL DRIVE or DOG DOOO DRIVE...they should have moved the State police barracks up there wow could have cleaned some of the major drug traffic up..wish my job payed me like he gets paid..hard work for me with little pay... while politicans like him make the bucks and the hardest thing they do is figure out how they are gonna screw the people over again to line their pockets..makes me sick!
BERSERKER

Plattsburgh, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 12, 2011

Judged:

Why do people like you talk so much shit...what have you done for the Town of Chesterfield?for the elderly?for taxes?Probably nothing or else you wouldn't hide behind a fake name....I guess Mr.Morrow has the balls you lack !
A Committed Resident

Plattsburgh, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 13, 2011

Judged:

BERSERKER, you hiding behind a fake name as well. The biggest issue with Gerald is that he stumps for his guys ( Kusalonis, is just the latest example ) to get elected. They show up for a meeting 10 minutes before it starts, flip through the agenda and then agree to whatever he says. The don't call them the Bobbleheads of Chesterfield for nothing. Worse than that, there is not a one of them on the council that I would want to see take over for Gerry! Whoever does defeat him, whenever that happens will have a huge uphill battle, because Morrow does not want anyone to know how to be the Supervisor besides himself. He is no spring chicken, he should be advising a successor, yet there isn't one on the council....
i know

Beallsville, MD

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 27, 2011

Judged:

How long are the residents going to allow him to steal money from them through proptrty taxes. He told Mrs Rock to get out of the house. He should not be running for any office since his family is deeply involved in federal contracts jerry morrow requested the contract and grants. I would not be suprised to see him relieved of his position by the govenor or the federal government. He could do some time in prison. What come around goes around.
snow birds

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 6, 2011

Judged:

We can not believe what he has done to the town. Every project is a failure that the property owners have to pay for. The chesterfield commerce park a failure, port kent golf course water system 8.1 million a failure and the Town of Chesterfield Visitors Interpretive Center a $500,000 dollar failure. So we all know that he will raise property taxes again this year much higher this year.
watcher

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 6, 2011

I donít understand why the tax payers of Chesterfield are being strapped with an 8.1 million dollar federal grant to repay to water a golf course in Port Kent. Do you really think the few people that live there want to take a shower in septic water? This project started out at 5.1 million now its over budget by 3 million and tax payers have not been informed why. Do you know were all the grant money goes you should YOU have to pay for every penny. You will just love the 20% tax levy increase in december.
A Committed Resident

Plattsburgh, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 13, 2011

Judged:

I don't see any political signs for a challenger as Supervisor to ole Gerry.....
OUT

Glens Falls, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 11, 2011

Croney...JERRY...has to go. Time to bring respect to this office. Take a good hard look at Keeseville. Appearances say a lot. Drive through this town and you feel like your in the slums of a city. We need someone who cares about the town not his own interests.
Keeseville Resident

Forestport, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 11, 2011

what kind of educational background do you have to have for his position?
A Committed Resident

Plattsburgh, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 12, 2011

he was a farmer......that should tell you all you need to know. You don't have to have any formal education, but common sense, a can do attitude, a general concern for the residents of this community and whole lot less back door politics would be great platforms to base your run on.
greygoose

Plattsburgh, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 13, 2011

Mr. Morrow is the best thing that ever happened to the toc. He has done so much. Some people are never satisfied. Go Mr. Morrow!!! You rock!!
A Committed Resident

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 13, 2011

Ok, I'll bite. What has Gerry done for the Town of Chestefield? Be specific now.
TrailerDweller

Unionville, CT

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 20, 2011

Just for clarification, the golf course's water comes from the irrigation pond, not the new water system.
From Keeseville

Gloversville, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 20, 2011

OUT wrote:
Croney...JERRY...has to go. Time to bring respect to this office. Take a good hard look at Keeseville. Appearances say a lot. Drive through this town and you feel like your in the slums of a city. We need someone who cares about the town not his own interests.
Do not live in the Town Of Chesterfield but rather in Keeseville itself which is all one regardless of which town or village I am not blaming just Jerry but rather ALL of the town and village officials. I have not seen any part of Keeseville grow and prosper. Just fall and fail. Business's come and go regardless of what area of Keeseville. That is a fact. I do not see an industrial park prosper where there are plenty of opportunities to grab a hold of company to bring them in. I do not see the Adirondack Optics company anywhere to be had in this area. I guess that company sold us out by foreign companies perhaps. The Napa closed currently, Mac's coffee house closed, The pizza shop closed, Adirondack Optics appears to have been moved or closed, the previous IGA was vacant for some time and perhaps other business's have come and gone. Where are there any activities for family in this area? Where are the Fireman's Field Days, parades, farmer's markets, Octoberfest, ANYTHING? So, I blame it on all 3 townships/village! As for Jerry I use to see K of C dinners all the time. Now I only see dinners that benefit an organization he is now part of being the United Way which benefits him and makes him look good. I am not sure if K of C has to give away charity money? I feel it should benefit church programs in this area. So, if you get rid of Jerry think about getting rid of others as well as not a darn one has done anything to promote this area and put Keeseville back on the map, with pride and respectively!
speechless

Remsen, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 24, 2011

From Keeseville/ I see exactly what you see. I have been working in Pbugh even though I am local I don't get to go through down town K-ville much but when I do sad.... I can remember when the town was so alive and now its vacant stores and the slums of the old Grand Prix and Villa. They need to shut down the nonsense down at the Grand Prix not only is it run down but it is crime infested. We need someone who cares to address these issues and bring Keesville back to the town it once was.

Since: Oct 12

Plattsburgh, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 23, 2012

well we live in Port Kent and there is a lady who been asking for a strret lamp for 3 years so see people can see the end of the driveway when backing out and still no street lamp on Northst
marla

Bellevue, WA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 25, 2012

Judged:

personally gerald has helped me alot when needed as a citizen of chesterfield. i have no problems whatsoever with the man.
locally owned

Saint Johnsville, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 15, 2013

People seem to lay blame on the wrong people, you want to lay blame on the way keeseville is? Think about the next time you drive to plattsburgh to do your shopping or spending your money somewheres else, besides your hometown. That's why keeseville looks the way it does with no businesses. No community support or lack of! Give Mr Morrow a break he does the best he can, apparently no one else can do the job or want the job, as he has been serving the town of chesterfield for many years and apparently is doing a good job! The peoples vote has shown their support!
Meegan

Troy, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 17, 2013

Seriously, Gerry Morrow is a good person. Elected every four years. You should thank your "lucky stars" that you have that experience and commitment to Chesterfield and beyond. You can complain all day long, but you should ask yourself,who will replace him and will it be better? Gerry will retire, and then what? The facts are that you will always have a town supervisor, and you will always pay that person. It would seem to me that whoever you elect, you should support. At the end of the day, your town will prosper.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••
•••
•••

Willsboro Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••

Willsboro People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••