First Prev
of 11
Next Last
very upset

Worcester, MA

#1 Feb 27, 2010
Why is the mayor trying to put one of our few businesses out of business. Conflict of interest abuse of power what do you all think?
little bird

Plattsburgh, NY

#2 Feb 28, 2010
it is a business, but that of the wrong kind. maybe the mayor is trying to shut down a big drug operation that is going on downtown. brookies should have been closed down (or raided) years ago.
dog

Southbury, CT

#3 Feb 28, 2010
They dont sell drugs their
very upset

Worcester, MA

#5 Mar 1, 2010
LIttle Bird (birds have very small brains)Have you ever set foot in Brookies Pub. Brookies supports every Community event she is able. You are obviously not very informed. If you are worried about drug sales you should be worried about the other side of the river.
little bird

Plattsburgh, NY

#6 Mar 2, 2010
yes i have been in brookies quite a few times. all the trouble is on front st, not the other side of the river. more trouble in keeseville stems from essex county, not clinton county.
disturbed

Plattsburgh, NY

#7 Mar 2, 2010
Their has been undercover cops in there several times looking for drug sales and they have never found any! There are drugs everywhere! 1 out of 5 people you come in contact with do or sell drugs of some kind. Drugs are at at stewarts, V.F.W, friendly,Riverside and probably brookes too! I go to brookes on occasion and across the river and the v and I have seen or heard of drugs at all of them! I personally don't do them but if everyone in this world smoked pot instead of drinking this world would be a peaceful place.
HERB

Saint Johnsville, NY

#8 Mar 2, 2010
We need to support Brook and Jay, Its not fair at all that the mayor does this to another business in town...im pretty sure they buy all there supplies for that bar right in this town, family dolla, and stewarts. She supports every community event that is in this town and its too bad we havea jealous mayor who has always hated brookes and has harrassed people that go in there. I also though in ny state there was a no smoking law in bars, must be the riverside is the only one with a smoking license...About the trouble and fights there is that in any bar
mudd

Southbury, CT

#9 Mar 2, 2010
Keeseville is full of scumbags and white trash anyway, their are some good people though.
Lord Give Me Strength

United States

#10 Mar 2, 2010
Everything happens for a reason.
candy

United States

#11 Mar 3, 2010
a few things frist mudd u must squirly earl u sell drugs then rat your way out u cant handle prison 2ndcops r allways there to many fights 3rdlots of minors drink in there i know of many that dobrookie has lied many of times under oath there have been how many people died from leaving there i know for sure she lies well i think and hope if the mayor did close them down good job mayor but they need to be closed for good and they will be soon .and mudd u r the bigest scumbag down there
disturbed

Plattsburgh, NY

#12 Mar 3, 2010
I havent seen mudd down there in over a year. Which is a good thing. Too many fights on weekends. Its the bartender that doesnt do anything about it. I used to enjoy going out on the weekends there but now we are home before 9 because we dont need the drama. If she wasnt working there, there would be less fights. There is another bartender that will boot you out for good if you fight which is good. It she be like that always! but the other bar on weekends suck too. I avoid it when hacket plays there because he is awful! Cant understand a word and its like the same song over and over.
candy

United States

#13 Mar 3, 2010
disturbed wrote:
I havent seen mudd down there in over a year. Which is a good thing. Too many fights on weekends. Its the bartender that doesnt do anything about it. I used to enjoy going out on the weekends there but now we are home before 9 because we dont need the drama. If she wasnt working there, there would be less fights. There is another bartender that will boot you out for good if you fight which is good. It she be like that always! but the other bar on weekends suck too. I avoid it when hacket plays there because he is awful! Cant understand a word and its like the same song over and over.
close this bar for good to many r getting hurt there mudd is there trust me he sells there the only thing she supports is her own habbits dam they even lost there homes so u go figure NYS NEED TO SHUT THIS DUMP DOWN
little bird

Plattsburgh, NY

#14 Mar 3, 2010
very upset wrote:
LIttle Bird (birds have very small brains)Have you ever set foot in Brookies Pub. Brookies supports every Community event she is able. You are obviously not very informed. If you are worried about drug sales you should be worried about the other side of the river.
first off, little birds do have small brains as do many humans which is why they are geniuses. supporting a community event is nothing more than a cover up for them. who would want to make anybody think that there is illegal business going on? duh, duh, and duhhhh! also the bar remains open after the lights are turned off except for a very dim light. how are you cleaning the bar like that, when there are still a few select people in there after hours? believe me, it is a very shady establishment.
disturbed

Plattsburgh, NY

#15 Mar 3, 2010
Every establishment aorund here is shady! Even the good ol vets up there have sneaky things going on. Its everywhere people! What about the riverside that allows smoking in the bar and pot smokers out back! Ive seen it! That dosent make brookes bar any less then the others
disturbed

Plattsburgh, NY

#16 Mar 3, 2010
The people who go to the bar and fight are the ones who be locked up or barred! It's not the bars fault. You have never seen a fight elsewhere? I have, lets say stewarts for instance. There was a brawl out there 3 weeks ago. NYS should shut that dump down right? alot of the people who end of fighting at brookes usually come over from other bars after they have closed. Its not the bar, its the people who cant handle their alcohol! The bartenders need to be held accountable also for allowing that kind of behavior. Personally I cant stand going there but when I did I always was home before 9 pm. Too much drama after that.
HERB

United States

#18 Mar 5, 2010
I think if NYS shuts brookies down the riverside should also be shutting down, Only bar i know that you can go get a sandwhich in the kitchen and smoke some some pot, and only bar i know in new york state that allows smoking...there is lots of drama at brrokies but its mostly that one bartender who allows it
disturbed

Plattsburgh, NY

#19 Mar 5, 2010
I just moved here not even two years ago and I thought the riverside was the bar by the family dollar. But thats the riverbend. Thats the one I was referring to about the smoking. There was a back room where you would smoke. I went there once and never went back. Don't really know about the other bar. Only been there a few times on fridays. Havent seen anything shady. Sorry
disturbed

Plattsburgh, NY

#20 Mar 5, 2010
You referring to the blonde bartender?
bill

United States

#21 Mar 5, 2010
very upset wrote:
Why is the mayor trying to put one of our few businesses out of business. Conflict of interest abuse of power what do you all think?
what a dumb sht u r go read the min. from the meeting the mayor voted nooooooooooooo it was knapp king and zumzester that voted yessssssssssssssssssss
bill

United States

#22 Mar 5, 2010
HERB wrote:
We need to support Brook and Jay, Its not fair at all that the mayor does this to another business in town...im pretty sure they buy all there supplies for that bar right in this town, family dolla, and stewarts. She supports every community event that is in this town and its too bad we havea jealous mayor who has always hated brookes and has harrassed people that go in there. I also though in ny state there was a no smoking law in bars, must be the riverside is the only one with a smoking license...About the trouble and fights there is that in any bar
like i said go read the min. from the board meeting the mayor voted not to dip sht

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 11
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Willsboro Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Donald Trump Feb 23 Roger Dat 5
Jessie Tennian Jan '17 So true 2
News The spinning zone (Feb '07) Jan '17 The truth 3
Wrestling (Feb '14) Jan '17 The truth 2
The Villa Motel Dec '16 cheap rent 2
Christmas Tree Festival Dec '16 Larry 1
News N.Y. Supreme Court races: Powers, Lawliss vie t... Nov '16 black brownies 2

Willsboro Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Willsboro Mortgages