How about your Willow Elec. Bill ????
Greg 1941

Ozark, MO

#42 Jul 12, 2010
We need to get the people of Willow Springs to form our own committee. The Aldermen council has private meetings behind closed doors to scheme up a plan on how to overspend our 2010 4.9 million dollar budget. Willow Springs police department says they "need" new cop cars, when they just got the new Chargers. Ask Danny Dunn why they paid 35 thousand a piece for them when they are only 26 thousand new. So where did the extra 9 thousand go? We need to vote Danny "The Scamming" Dunn out of office or we citizens will end up paying for his secrete retirement fund. Lets get organized before we all end up in the poor house.
humm

Ozark, MO

#43 Jul 12, 2010
When are city council meetings?

“I wanna funk yo junk.”

Since: Apr 08

L.A.

#44 Jul 13, 2010
To be fair a police car is not just one that rolls off the lot, there are upgrades that all cost money. Now I don't know that it would cost $9000 more but I don't think all that equipment that come with a police package is gonna come cheap.
2 fund city hall

United States

#45 Jul 13, 2010
Don't know about Willow Springs, but in Cabool I hear that our electric bills are so high because city hall uses the profits of providing electricity to pay their expenses. Due to these Gigantic utility bills some businesses in Cabool are really struggling to fund city hall!!
yep me

United States

#46 Jul 25, 2010
yes i agree the elct bills in willow are way to high someone should do something
humm

Cross Timbers, MO

#47 Jul 25, 2010
I looked at my electric bill that I got yesterday and I saw 2 new things that I've started paying for... What does PF and SF mean, and why am I paying for it? I will also ask when I go in to pay my bill.
sekhet29

Reeds Spring, MO

#49 Jul 27, 2010
the pf on your bill means primacy fee and sf means sewer fee, someone told me that they have been putting new sewer systems out on the old springfield road and that the new fees are for paying it off
humm

United States

#50 Jul 28, 2010
sekhet29 wrote:
the pf on your bill means primacy fee and sf means sewer fee, someone told me that they have been putting new sewer systems out on the old springfield road and that the new fees are for paying it off
Ya I finally remembered to look at the back of my bill to see what the letters meant. I still didn't know what "primacy fee" meant, so I asked them, and they said it was a once a year fee from DRS (I'm pretty sure they said DRS?).. So I said that DRS hadn't done anything to my primacy, and they told me that they don't really do anything and didn't know how they really get away with charging it.
Thank you for helping me answer my question :)

“Country boys rule!”

Since: Jan 09

In the Howell County burbs

#51 Jul 28, 2010
The primacy fee is charged to any municipality or district that pertains to water and sewer. It is a state statute that the Dept. of Nat. Resources (DNR) is to be paid this fee. It is used to keep the state labs open for bacterial sampling of your water and I guess some sewer things too. Some municipalities and districts pass this fee on to the customers and others just figure it into their rates for their annual budget and just pay the bill.

Hopefully that helps those that are curious about that.
New Citizen

United States

#52 Aug 5, 2010
I say the locals at Willow Should get together. Compare a years worth of bills. Look at the usage and look at the cost. I bet you will notice that your usage is on a fairly steady line and price is almost straight up. I wrote the Attorney Generals office, Department of Energy, and had a 2nd party hidden on my house. Its been installed for 4 months.In those 4 months the guy that reads the meter has not been consistent with what the 2nd meter is reading. Based on my 2nd meter I should be paying $20-85 less every month. Look for one on the net and get it installed. I feel there is some local corruption in this small town.
yes

West Plains, MO

#53 Aug 26, 2010
highest bill I have ever had $314, the nest highest had been like $185, what the hell !!!!!!!!!!

“I wanna funk yo junk.”

Since: Apr 08

L.A.

#54 Aug 27, 2010
Mine was about $65 more than usual and I wasn't even home for a nice chunk of the month. WTF is up with the bills this month?
Me too

Branson, MO

#55 Sep 9, 2010
My bill has been getting higher and higher and our usage has not really increased. Main reason is we spent 60% of the month out of state during the summer months. We keep the AC and all lights off. Our bill on a 4000 square ft home for nearly 2 weeks of use has been 250-$325 a month. Compared to when we are home every day during fall winter and spring and the highest the bill gets is $220.

How can we all get together and complain? I just purchased a second digital meter from the net. Thanks to the advise of New Citizen.
country bumpkin

Galena, MO

#56 Nov 5, 2010
I live in the country.. Raised 5 kids, had a hot tub until we needed to sell it to keep many of our bills down. We did our best to keep the bill as close to one hundred dollars a month. Kids all gone now , just two adults and the pets in the house most of the time. Now I'm trying to keep bills below two hundred dollars a month.
Does this sound like we are using more wattage? NOT, that's just the way bills are rising. We are all in the same boat it seems.
rantinraven

Ozark, MO

#57 Nov 6, 2010
I don't know if this will help anyone or not. I had some extremely high bills in Willow with electric running anywhere from 285.00 a month to 520.00 on the highest bill.(strictly the electric portion) Every month we complained and every month we could do nothing but pay it. I use the same amount of electricity now as a county resident. In fact, I added a 3rd freezer, well pump, and outdoor light. I will look for some of my old Willow bills to list the KWH used.

For comparison this is what I pay as a county resident:
Under Intercounty Electric my highest bill has been $115.89 for 1,436 KWH used in (August)
My cheapest bill so far has been $59.56 for 738 KWH used.(October)

I can't tell you why the bills are so high in the city. I compared rates the whole time I lived there with other residents in the city and out in the rural areas. The whole topic used to make me mad enough to spit. I can tell you this, now that we live in the county I am surprised and will NEVER complain about another electric bill again.
Lock and Load

Bruner, MO

#58 Apr 2, 2011
Lock and Load

Bruner, MO

#59 Apr 2, 2011
http://www.auditor.mo.gov/press/1999-99.pdf
This is why! That is why they are fighting so hard to steal the Rural Fire money!
Spy

Bruner, MO

#60 Apr 2, 2011
With the loads of documents that has been going into the 11 point FD, it looks like the shit is going to hit the fan sooooon! Watch the city rats jump ship before they go to jail!
midnite1

Ozark, MO

#61 Apr 2, 2011
People you need to wake up. Yes bills are increasing some but that is to be expected. Times are changing. But the water is some of the best around. The water comes from a well just like it would in the country. This is a very good town to live in and if you don't like it then please move out and quit your complaining. And the administrator only makes 50 grand and said he would never take a pay increase until the workers get a raise. He is a very good person. So please if you are going to complain about the electric and water then at least get your facts right.
Facts

Ava, MO

#62 Apr 2, 2011
midnite1 wrote:
People you need to wake up. Yes bills are increasing some but that is to be expected. Times are changing. But the water is some of the best around. The water comes from a well just like it would in the country. This is a very good town to live in and if you don't like it then please move out and quit your complaining. And the administrator only makes 50 grand and said he would never take a pay increase until the workers get a raise. He is a very good person. So please if you are going to complain about the electric and water then at least get your facts right.
No one wants to get the facts straight. They all want to jump to conclusions and believe every damn thing they hear in the coffee shops and on the streets. If the people on this forum spent half as much time trying to improve life in Willow Springs as they do bitching about what everyone else tries to do, this town would prosper.

Check out the water and electric rates in all the towns around us. There is no conspiracy to make our electric bills higher than anyone else. No one is putting money in his pocket. They do not pad the bills. Learn to be conservative and quit wasting so much water and electric. Fix your leaks. Buy energy saving appliances. Quit standing in the shower for an hour. Turn the lights off when you're not in the room. It all adds up.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Willow Springs Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Jessica Ripko Sun Uncle Fudpucker 5
Liberty boys basketball coach Sun Uncle Fudpucker 49
Bishup (Apr '14) Sun Benjamen Snell 16
Secret compound being built? Sat nmmg 42
News Homicide victim in Howell County was wife and m... (Nov '09) Aug 19 Justme 1,470
Review: Ozark Sheltered Industries (Aug '14) Aug 19 tim bennett 8
Kayla Merrill Aug 19 Thads Friend 4

Willow Springs Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Willow Springs Mortgages