People who think they are entitled

Posted in the Willow Springs Forum

First Prev
of 3
Next Last
the real smh

Ozark, MO

#1 Oct 31, 2012
I am fed up with those who think they are entitled to whatever they want because they are military or spouse is military.

Don't get me wrong, I think we should take care of our military and I appreciate what they do. However, I do not think they are entitled to anything they want.

I am sick of seeing a married couple moan and groan about how bad the Army is. You signed up, you didn't think they were bad when you got that enlistment bonus. You also re-enlisted.

So your husband was deployed and you were left a single mom for 9 - 12 months. Guess what? You weren't the only one! You weren't the first! You knew the risk was there when you wanted your husband to enlist.

What is that? Oh you are mad now because no one from the Army won't wipe your ass for ya? Oh ya, I forgot you are entitled to that because you are a veteran. Right?

Gah, I needed to get that off my chest.
haaaaaaaa

Beebe, AR

#2 Oct 31, 2012
the real smh wrote:
I am fed up with those who think they are entitled to whatever they want because they are military or spouse is military.
Don't get me wrong, I think we should take care of our military and I appreciate what they do. However, I do not think they are entitled to anything they want.
I am sick of seeing a married couple moan and groan about how bad the Army is. You signed up, you didn't think they were bad when you got that enlistment bonus. You also re-enlisted.
So your husband was deployed and you were left a single mom for 9 - 12 months. Guess what? You weren't the only one! You weren't the first! You knew the risk was there when you wanted your husband to enlist.
What is that? Oh you are mad now because no one from the Army won't wipe your ass for ya? Oh ya, I forgot you are entitled to that because you are a veteran. Right?
Gah, I needed to get that off my chest.
Sounds like an Obama fan to me! YOUR ONE SICK INDIVIDUAL. HAS YOUR SON OR DAUGHTER LOST THEIR LIVES FIGHTING IN THIS WAR? HAS YOUR SON OR DAUGHTER LOST BOTH LEGS, ARMS, BRAIN, DISMEMBERED? HOW CAN YOU POST SOMETHING SO HEARTLESS?? MUST BE BECAUSE YOU ARE HEARTLESS!!! YOU SHOULD BE ASHAMED OF YOURSELF..BUT..YOUR PROBABLY NOT...GO LIVE IN CUBA,
the real smh

Ozark, MO

#3 Oct 31, 2012
haaaaaaaa wrote:
<quoted text>Sounds like an Obama fan to me! YOUR ONE SICK INDIVIDUAL. HAS YOUR SON OR DAUGHTER LOST THEIR LIVES FIGHTING IN THIS WAR? HAS YOUR SON OR DAUGHTER LOST BOTH LEGS, ARMS, BRAIN, DISMEMBERED? HOW CAN YOU POST SOMETHING SO HEARTLESS?? MUST BE BECAUSE YOU ARE HEARTLESS!!! YOU SHOULD BE ASHAMED OF YOURSELF..BUT..YOUR PROBABLY NOT...GO LIVE IN CUBA,
I am far from an Obama fan. Trust me there.

Should someone be entitled to a home loan because they were in the military?

Should someone be entitled to lifetime medical care because they were in te military? I am not talking about medical care for service related injuries, I mean regular medical coverage for them and their family.

There is a family I know and the husband was recently deployed and all you hear from the wife is how awful the Army is and how hard it is to be a single mom, etc.

All I am saying is they knew when they signed up that it was going to leave their spouse as a single parent. They chose that career path. I am glad we have people who do, but you are not forced to.

Just because you were military doesn't mean you should be handed a $100k loan for a house. If you dont qualify then fix the issues. If you have bad credit that is not the Armys fault. If you don't have the income then buy within your means or become more financially stable before you buy. That is what everyone else has to do.
Tin Man

United States

#4 Oct 31, 2012
I retired from the military. Have friends that died doing their job and know many more who are deployed right now. I find your pity party insulting and rude. Do you have any idea what our military's men and women sacrifice so you can have freedoms such as posting your idiotic opinions? The least we can do for them is grant them a VA backed home loan. Hell I have VA home loan. Guess what? My criteria was the same as a non-VA loan.
The only way to get medical is if you are active, retired or medically retired. And guess what if you want to keep tricare (our insurance) if your retired we have to pay for it just like the rest of you civilian pukes! The only exception if we are wounded. However we still have to pay to include our families. We can't take our family to the VA even if we were wounded! Get your facts and quit bit@#ing about something you have no clue about!
Do I a handout? F no! Nor do I want one or a pity party to go with it. That said I think you need to educate yourself before you run our veterans down. To me it sounds like you're just a jealous uninformed fool.
Tin Man

United States

#5 Oct 31, 2012
*want a handout

Sorry lots of typos I'm on a cell and this dumb a$$ pissed me off!
i second that

United States

#6 Nov 1, 2012
Same here, I spent 21years in the service and won't sit here and spill all my stories but regardless of what I saw or did during those 21 years, since I suffered no long lasting injuries I don't get...nor do I ask for...any medical treatment other than what the author of this thread or any other bumb receive and as far as the VA benefits...look them up because u are a far cry from accurate.
haaaaaaaa

Beebe, AR

#7 Nov 1, 2012
the real smh wrote:
<quoted text>
Should someone be entitled to lifetime medical care because they were in te military? I am not talking about medical care for service related injuries, I mean regular medical coverage for them and their family.
There is a family I know and the husband was recently deployed and all you hear from the wife is how awful the Army is and how hard it is to be a single mom, etc.
All I am saying is they knew when they signed up that it was going to leave their spouse as a single parent. They chose that career path. I am glad we have people who do, but you are not forced to.
Just because you were military doesn't mean you should be handed a $100k loan for a house. If you dont qualify then fix the issues. If you have bad credit that is not the Armys fault. If you don't have the income then buy within your means or become more financially stable before you buy. That is what everyone else has to do.
YOU NEED TO APPLY FOR A VISA, AND GET YOUR ASS OUT OF THE UNITED STATES OF AMERICA!!
the real smh

United States

#8 Nov 1, 2012
Tin Man wrote:
I retired from the military. Have friends that died doing their job and know many more who are deployed right now. I find your pity party insulting and rude. Do you have any idea what our military's men and women sacrifice so you can have freedoms such as posting your idiotic opinions? The least we can do for them is grant them a VA backed home loan. Hell I have VA home loan. Guess what? My criteria was the same as a non-VA loan.
The only way to get medical is if you are active, retired or medically retired. And guess what if you want to keep tricare (our insurance) if your retired we have to pay for it just like the rest of you civilian pukes! The only exception if we are wounded. However we still have to pay to include our families. We can't take our family to the VA even if we were wounded! Get your facts and quit bit@#ing about something you have no clue about!
Do I a handout? F no! Nor do I want one or a pity party to go with it. That said I think you need to educate yourself before you run our veterans down. To me it sounds like you're just a jealous uninformed fool.
Should they be granted a VA backed home loan if their credit is in the toilet and they make low enough income they are still receiving welfare benefits?

You all are missing my entire point. I am referring to those few that walk around moaning because they think if they were in military they are entitled to whatever they want. My dad served in Korea, but he doesn't walk around cussing the Army because they are not bowing at his feet.

I am sick of the ones who walk around saying I served therefore you owe me.

Do I think our vets should get benefits, damn right. Do I think they can serve 4 years and then walk around demanding whatever they want? No
lol

Conway, AR

#9 Nov 1, 2012
the real smh wrote:
<quoted text>
I haven't spent 1 minute in any of the armed forces,I live hand to mouth and don't have alot.Yet I believe they should be entitled to a new house,a new car,life time medical coverage(even if they come back healthy)for them and their family.For the sacrifices they made so we can do what we want.They lived in tents,fox holes,have been in several types of weather,and took risks we as americans only see in movies,so yea they should get all of that and our respect you a$$hat.
the real smh

United States

#10 Nov 1, 2012
lol wrote:
<quoted text>I haven't spent 1 minute in any of the armed forces,I live hand to mouth and don't have alot.Yet I believe they should be entitled to a new house,a new car,life time medical coverage(even if they come back healthy)for them and their family.For the sacrifices they made so we can do what we want.They lived in tents,fox holes,have been in several types of weather,and took risks we as americans only see in movies,so yea they should get all of that and our respect you a$$hat.
If that is the case then why wouldn't someone join, spend 4 years and be took care of for life?

Hell sign me up.
the real smh

United States

#11 Nov 1, 2012
Tin Man wrote:
The least we can do for them is grant them a VA backed home loan. Hell I have VA home loan. Guess what? My criteria was the same as a non-VA loan.
I didn't say the criteria wasn't the same. But I know those who think because they have been in the military they are entitled to a home loan basically no questions asked.
Tin Man wrote:
Do I a handout? F no! Nor do I want one or a pity party to go with it.
No and many don't. My post was directed at those who do.
Another Veteran

Ozark, MO

#12 Nov 1, 2012
I am a military retiree also and my brothers and sisters above have already explained our station in life to you. I certainly refuse to engage in a battle of wits with an unarmed individual but I will tell you that it is incumbent upon you to educate yourself on this subject. My hat is off to your father for his service to our great country, how horribly ashamed of you he must feel if he knows how you talk and obviously feel about this nations veterans. For those that defend it,freedom truly has a flavor the protected will never know.
the real smh

United States

#13 Nov 1, 2012
Another Veteran wrote:
I am a military retiree also and my brothers and sisters above have already explained our station in life to you. I certainly refuse to engage in a battle of wits with an unarmed individual but I will tell you that it is incumbent upon you to educate yourself on this subject. My hat is off to your father for his service to our great country, how horribly ashamed of you he must feel if he knows how you talk and obviously feel about this nations veterans. For those that defend it,freedom truly has a flavor the protected will never know.
He knows how I feel. He is sick of these young punks serving 4 years, half never seeing a sliver of the things he did and they expect to be handed everything for rest of their life.

Where do you all propose we get the money to fully support every person who joins the military for life, including backing home loans whether they can afford the payment or not?

Everyone of you read my post and read what you want.

As I have said I am not denying veterans should have benefits. I am denying that they can serve 4 years and be kept for life.

I am denying those who walk around as we owe them because they joined, with many never leaving the US.

There is a difference between serving our country and being enlisted.
Another Veteran

Ozark, MO

#14 Nov 1, 2012
serving 4 years, half never seeing a sliver of the things he did and they expect to be handed everything for rest of their life.

fully support every person who joins the military for life, including backing home loans

I am denying that they can serve 4 years and be kept for life.

I am denying those who walk around as we owe them because they joined,

These are the comments that I referenced when I suggested that you educate yourself on the subject, you clearly have no understanding of what veterans benefits actually are.

NO ONE serves four years and are "kept for life" whatever that means, this country however does not turn a blind eye or cold shoulder to our disabled veterans.

Do you have any idea the ratio of combat support and combat service support personnel to combat arms troops? you might do a little reading on the subject before you denigrate a persons service.

Do you understand the difference between a home loan and a guaranteed home loan? A veteran that has in his possession a certificate of eligibility AND meets income as well as other criteria qualifies to have the Veterans Administration "guarantee" their home loan. This loan is just like your loan, it comes from the same bank or mortgage company that yours does and the veteran pays a monthly mortgage just like you do, the difference is that if a veteran defaults on his or her loan the financial institution still gets their money.

Go to Poplar Bluff and walk in to John J. Pershing VAMC and talk to some of the veterans that you see there. Don't be afraid of the guy missing limbs or a portion of his face or the ones being wheeled about in chairs or on gurneys, they are your friends, neighbors and maybe even your kin folk and they are there so folks like you are guaranteed the right to bitch about veterans benefits. You sad pathetic piece of shit.
the real smh

United States

#15 Nov 1, 2012
Another Veteran wrote:
serving 4 years, half never seeing a sliver of the things he did and they expect to be handed everything for rest of their life.

fully support every person who joins the military for life, including backing home loans

I am denying that they can serve 4 years and be kept for life.

I am denying those who walk around as we owe them because they joined,

These are the comments that I referenced when I suggested that you educate yourself on the subject, you clearly have no understanding of what veterans benefits actually are.

NO ONE serves four years and are "kept for life" whatever that means, this country however does not turn a blind eye or cold shoulder to our disabled veterans.

Do you have any idea the ratio of combat support and combat service support personnel to combat arms troops? you might do a little reading on the subject before you denigrate a persons service.

Do you understand the difference between a home loan and a guaranteed home loan? A veteran that has in his possession a certificate of eligibility AND meets income as well as other criteria qualifies to have the Veterans Administration "guarantee" their home loan. This loan is just like your loan, it comes from the same bank or mortgage company that yours does and the veteran pays a monthly mortgage just like you do, the difference is that if a veteran defaults on his or her loan the financial institution still gets their money.

Go to Poplar Bluff and walk in to John J. Pershing VAMC and talk to some of the veterans that you see there. Don't be afraid of the guy missing limbs or a portion of his face or the ones being wheeled about in chairs or on gurneys, they are your friends, neighbors and maybe even your kin folk and they are there so folks like you are guaranteed the right to bitch about veterans benefits. You sad pathetic piece of shit.
You are completely missing my whole point and reading what you want.

I never said people serve 4 years and kept for life I said I am against that happening, which is what so many young punks think should happen.

As for the home loan yes I know the difference. What my whole rant was about was people thinking they should automatically receive a VA back loaned because they are military, even if they dont have the credit or income to back it.

Again, I am not bitching about their benefits! I am complaining about these young assholes who enlist for 4 years and come out thinking the whole world owes them and the Army should support them and do whatever they want because they served. When they are turned down for a loan because they can't qualify for whatever reason they start trashing the Army. A direct quote from one person after being denied is "I thought you were supposed to take care of your soldiers". Really?

I think veterans deserve more benefits than they do, but Lets keep it real. Medical, yes
Retirement, yes
Education, yes
Automatically approved for home loan because military, no
Tin Man

United States

#16 Nov 1, 2012
Smh you are such an idiot. Let me tell you a little about my last deployment before I retired. Of which several enlistees who signed up for four years were on their second tour! So that you understand I believe anyone who wears a uniform does deserve benefits not afforded to a keyboard warrior such as yourself. Hopefully this will give you some grasp on what these men and women go through.
This all took place in Southeast Baghdad. Every week our Forward Operating Base (FOB) was attacked between 1-3 times. Most often it was attacked with rockets and or mortars. The attacks consisted of no less than three salvos and upwards of forty. Let me tell you the rockets were not rpgs which would have been bad enough. I could explain what type size etc but it really doesn't matter.
My unit found and dismantled an improvised explosive device at least once a day. Devices that were big enough to take out a tank were found on occasion. Sometimes we would find them by the explosion that ensued. Our nickname for these missions were Easter egg hunts. I am not going to go into being shot at because that was a daily occurrence.
I have personally been involved in numerous explosions and conflicts. Watched good men die while serving their country. Most of them on a four year enlistment! Those were patriots who chose to serve and put themselves in harms way. Any man or woman who chooses to wear a uniform is putting themselves in harms way for that matter. It doesn't make a hill of sh*t difference if it's one year or twenty years because they SERVED THEIR COUNTRY!
Now I am going to explain something about the VA loan that you have such a problem with. As I said I had to qualify for it. Not just by serving but ensuring I had enough money (income) to get the loan. The government doesn't hand you the money a bank does. They processes it just like any other loan and in many instances are more strict than a regular loan. So don't think for an instant we are simply handed a loan just because we served. Really all a VA loan does is set a lower interest rate for us.
Now I wrote what I did so you would get some insight as to what these young men and women face. If you can't understand we as a nation owe them more than just a competitive loan with low interest you might want to move to somewhere that is more to your beliefs. China being one of those places.
And to your father I would say this. We all served regardless if we were drafted or enlisted of our own free will. At some point in time regardless of the name of the war we veterans have been tested and been put in harms way. True some veterans have seen more battle than others but does that make them any less a veteran?
Tin Man

United States

#17 Nov 1, 2012
If it bothers you that they are "whining" why not simply tell them how you feel or not listen at all. Last time I checked this is a free country!
Quit trying to justify what you originally wrote. You can not! Also Congress and Senate has more benefits than we veterans. Last I checked they serve four years and sit behind a desk for much of that time. Why not go after them?
the real smh

United States

#18 Nov 1, 2012
Tin Man wrote:
Smh you are such an idiot. Let me tell you a little about my last deployment before I retired. Of which several enlistees who signed up for four years were on their second tour! So that you understand I believe anyone who wears a uniform does deserve benefits not afforded to a keyboard warrior such as yourself. Hopefully this will give you some grasp on what these men and women go through.
This all took place in Southeast Baghdad. Every week our Forward Operating Base (FOB) was attacked between 1-3 times. Most often it was attacked with rockets and or mortars. The attacks consisted of no less than three salvos and upwards of forty. Let me tell you the rockets were not rpgs which would have been bad enough. I could explain what type size etc but it really doesn't matter.
My unit found and dismantled an improvised explosive device at least once a day. Devices that were big enough to take out a tank were found on occasion. Sometimes we would find them by the explosion that ensued. Our nickname for these missions were Easter egg hunts. I am not going to go into being shot at because that was a daily occurrence.
I have personally been involved in numerous explosions and conflicts. Watched good men die while serving their country. Most of them on a four year enlistment! Those were patriots who chose to serve and put themselves in harms way. Any man or woman who chooses to wear a uniform is putting themselves in harms way for that matter. It doesn't make a hill of sh*t difference if it's one year or twenty years because they SERVED THEIR COUNTRY!
Now I am going to explain something about the VA loan that you have such a problem with. As I said I had to qualify for it. Not just by serving but ensuring I had enough money (income) to get the loan. The government doesn't hand you the money a bank does. They processes it just like any other loan and in many instances are more strict than a regular loan. So don't think for an instant we are simply handed a loan just because we served. Really all a VA loan does is set a lower interest rate for us.
Now I wrote what I did so you would get some insight as to what these young men and women face. If you can't understand we as a nation owe them more than just a competitive loan with low interest you might want to move to somewhere that is more to your beliefs. China being one of those places.
And to your father I would say this. We all served regardless if we were drafted or enlisted of our own free will. At some point in time regardless of the name of the war we veterans have been tested and been put in harms way. True some veterans have seen more battle than others but does that make them any less a veteran?
Did you enlist not expecting to be deployed? Did you enlist not expecting to be away from your family for periods of time? Did you and your spouse consistently diss the Army because you got deployed and was away from your family?

I know what the VA backed loan is and I understand you and everyone else has to qualify. What I am kicking on are those who think they shouldn't have to qualify those that think they should be handed the money because are military so that means they should qualify for a loan. I am not against the program I am against those bitching that they got turned down and then say "so much for the army taking care of you".

No, the war you are in and the battle you see does not determine if you are more or less of a veteran. But is someone who done two tours on the battlefield more of a veteran than someone who joined the National Guard or reserves and never left the US?
the real smh

United States

#19 Nov 1, 2012
Tin Man wrote:
If it bothers you that they are "whining" why not simply tell them how you feel or not listen at all. Last time I checked this is a free country!
Quit trying to justify what you originally wrote. You can not! Also Congress and Senate has more benefits than we veterans. Last I checked they serve four years and sit behind a desk for much of that time. Why not go after them?
I am not trying to justify anything. I have said the same thing from post 1.

Every politician makes way too much money. I think every politician should be required to serve our country a a requirement to run for office. If they can run or country then they can serve it. They should make no more salary than an active duty soldier.
Tin Man

United States

#20 Nov 1, 2012
You have been complaining the whole time because a veteran and/or his family were dissatisfied about not qualifying for a VA loan. Does that pretty much some it up? What makes you any better than he? You are bit@#ing just as much as they probably did.
I explained to you the circumstances some of these men and women endure. To me if they want to complain they fn earned it! They earned benefits nothing was handed.
A lot if Veterans don't qualify for a VA loan. That was my point. Any young couple who applied for a loan and got turned down would probably complain somewhat. So is this something new? People complain about things ever fn day! They are probably young and did not know everything about a VA loan. I know the military and VA does a bang up job if explaining it, lol.
You have done nothing but try to tare down young vets. They think they are entitled and constantly complain. This pretty much sums it up.
You are without a doubt an oxygen thief! Stay in your lane and quit bit@#ing

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Willow Springs Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Who's got the biggest and thick wiener in town 12 hr Greaserak 6
missing girl-Elisabeth Hornbeck (Oct '15) 23 hr Izzy-_- 74
Stalker Queen Sun Red Kia 9
Tracey Collins Jul 21 TRACY COLLINS 5
Secret compound being built? Jul 20 youmiteseeit 32
kyla button (Feb '14) Jul 19 Dre 19
Kristy Rea (Jul '11) Jul 19 Helpin you out 3

Willow Springs Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance