Lothar of the Hill People

United States

#1 Dec 10, 2012
Facebook is like a bathroom wall that everyone writes on except real bathroom walls are more interesting.
Facebook gives needy people a place to go(without actually getting off their presumably fat asses) where everyone knows their name. Like "Cheers" sans booze and good writing.
Masters of Baiting or "Master-Baiters": These are the folks who post things like "At the ER. Probably getting stitches" or "(Username) just did something he regrets" without any further details or information. These kinds of posts are inevitably followed by dozens of comments like "OMG what happened?" "I hope you're okay" "I'm praying for you" and it just goes on and on. Back in the old days of voicemail, a true friend would never leave a message saying "At the ER..." or "I just did something..." and leave it at that. These kinds of messages would have solicited annoyance and accusations of immaturity and histrionic tendencies. In other words: "Hey, it's me. Don't fucking leave me vague messages and get me all worried you little drama queen!"
Horror Scorers: These are users who post things like "My grandma died 13 years ago today" or "My sister has cancer". The comments roll in: "I'm so sorry" , "My prayers are with you", "I didn't know you had a sister because I barely know you but I'm thinking of you today." The poster isn't dead. The poster doesn't have cancer YET the poster gets worldwide sympathy. Blow. Me.
Combo Platters: Instead of posting "My sister has cancer" these users take it one more step by baiting for comments saying "I'm thinking about my family and I'm sad". This could be the worst sort of user: I'll score sympathy from someone else's pain and I'll bait you into wondering what the hell is going on. This wouldn't be shocking if I were writing about teenage users but these are middle-aged professionals. This unapologetically self-centered behavior probably leads fundamentalists of all religions to point to Facebook and say "This proves it: the world is coming to an end in 2012."
Lothar of the Hill People

United States

#3 Dec 10, 2012
The thing that drove me off of facebook was the way in which it 'transformed' my firends... it basically turned them into shallow and selfish 'teen-aged girls'... it completly robbed them of any substance they once had... everthing, and i DO mean everything, came to revlove SOLEY around facebook... no more seeing them or talking to them -'Facebook Only' became their policy... and these were people who i had known for over 20 years - people in their 30's and 40's who one would reasonably expect to be beyond the reach of so immature a mentality... one of them, carmen is her name, actually began to troll my page (with her girlfriend) and the pages i liked to post on... she took issue with trival things i had written on a couple political pages... she then told me (not even on the phone or in person, but on fb of course) that her girlfriend wouldn't allow her to remain friends with me because my political 'views' did not match their own... wow... just WoW
Jenny Jenny

United States

#4 Dec 10, 2012
What took me off fb is fake ppl. you find old friends and i have learned from fb that they are old friends for a reason. nothing im common anymore. i also realized how desperate ppl i know where to accumulate friends, for example my ex husband hates my family and they hate him too lol but they sent him a friends request and he accepted it. i think facebook makes ppl think they are important, like what they have to say or do is important to post it min by min on facebook walls. then you have those ppl who friend you that are just nosy they want to see who your friends are, what you are saying, what you are "liking" etc. so you can be the butt end of their gossip conversations. i know you would think you can figure out who these ppl are before you add them but i know fb has woken me up to the real world of how things are. ppl are outright fake!! my real friends call me and visit me fb friends are there to brag to you about what they are doing, etc..i have a life and fb is not it!! sorry for all the crappy writing but i'm not trying to impress anyone..thanks for reading
Fb hater

United States

#5 Dec 16, 2012
Fb is like this site, it's the devil
Just Saying

Branson, MO

#6 Dec 17, 2012
Fb hater wrote:
Fb is like this site, it's the devil
My suggestion would be that you stay off of Facebook and this site also, then.
Gotcha

Ozark, MO

#7 Dec 17, 2012
This is from an online article from the comedy website, Cracked. Seriously, Lothar of the Hills, stop stealing people's work. It's called plagiarism.

http://www.cracked.com/funny-2631-why-faceboo...
Loathar of the hill peopl

United States

#8 Dec 18, 2012
Yes because i am profiting of this, I have a screen name not using a real one buddy, and i never claimed to write it, Im sharing interesting articles isnt that what forums like this is about? Trying to start something other that a smear campaign that seems to dominate this site , My real person profits nothing from this but sharing stories with others, Yes ya Got me, and all you did was get me to stop sharing these stories, So you can look like the great mouse detective, others enjoyed these stories why dont ya just leave it alone, You are a perfect example whats wrong with this site.
The Jett

United States

#9 Dec 18, 2012
How dare you Loathar use topix for anything other than to slander and belittle, We good people of Topix demand apology.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Willow Springs Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
special lady 19 hr maybe 53
Election Who do you support for U.S. House in Missouri (... (Oct '10) 21 hr aha 967
house to rent Sun looking 1
Liberty boys basketball coach Sun imo 13
milf Sat Sam 8
missing girl-Elisabeth Hornbeck (Oct '15) May 26 Her brother 68
Burnham mo May 26 Kra 2

Willow Springs Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Willow Springs Mortgages