Does anyone know an older Cherokee Indian woman

Posted in the Willow Springs Forum

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Please help

Burlingame, CA

#1 Feb 2, 2011
I am looking for my grandma heard she lives in willow springs if you know of an older Indian woman please respond
Just me

Fulton, MO

#2 Feb 3, 2011
I know of one that lives north of Willow.

Do you have a name?
looking

Burlingame, CA

#3 Feb 3, 2011
Just me wrote:
I know of one that lives north of Willow.
Do you have a name?
No I don't have a name all I know is in the 50s her married last name was Johnson she adopted some kids out including my dad do u know her name?
Just me

Fulton, MO

#4 Feb 4, 2011
Her last isn't Johnson and to my knowledge she never adopted any kids out.
Looking

Beebe, AR

#5 Feb 4, 2011
Just me wrote:
Her last isn't Johnson and to my knowledge she never adopted any kids out.
Ok well thank u anyway
Looking

Little Rock, AR

#6 Feb 8, 2011
Looking wrote:
<quoted text>Ok well thank u anyway
Heard her first name is vyonne
and

Norwood, MO

#7 Feb 8, 2011
Looking wrote:
<quoted text>Heard her first name is vyonne
Are you talking about the woman who was married to Horse Collins? She had several kids taken from her years ago and they were adopted out. John Rakestraw was one of them and Elizabeth Ann Cox (who was murdered last year) was one of them. Also Jackie Sherrill. I'd almost bet that is who you are looking for. I don't know how she spells her name but it is pronounced "Vonnie". She was living on the road off Z Hiway that turns onto the Noblett Rd.
looking

Little Rock, AR

#8 Feb 8, 2011
Wow thank you is there anymore info u could give me do u know her?
and

Norwood, MO

#9 Feb 9, 2011
looking wrote:
I don't think she lives here anymore but I will find out.
looking

Beebe, AR

#10 Feb 9, 2011
Thank u so much for your help
WoW

Willow Springs, MO

#11 Feb 9, 2011
I hope your finding works out! My "Step Great Uncle" (we don't say "step" in our family with him) went through the same journey only to find that his 4 siblings didn't want to reunite with ANY of eachother. He was so heart broke...but we all realized that not being blood doesn't mean we are not a strong and true family. If you find her and she turns away, keep your head high, remember there is a reason for everything and appreiciate what family you do have. If she welcomes you with open arms still keep in mind she did what she thought was best at the time and be thankful for the chance and love you have gained.

Good Luck and keep us posted, I hope it works out GREAT for you and yours!
and

Norwood, MO

#12 Feb 10, 2011
Here's what I could find out: She moved to Sullivan. Her daughter's name was Marilyn Vermillion (was married to Craig Vermillion--they have since divorced). Yvonnie was living in a senior housing complex. Her last name would be Collins. She has a son named Larry also. Sorry I can't help you more but this is all I could find out. Maybe you could do some research and find out more.
looking

Little Rock, AR

#13 Feb 10, 2011
Thank u all so much I will keep u posted if I find anything out, u have been such a big help to me
Dark Angle

Houston, MO

#14 Mar 7, 2011
looking wrote:
Hey, my boyfriend used to live in Willow springs and his mom is a native american indian, her name is Carol. She around 44 years old. I dont know if that will help you but your welcome anyways.. Thanks
timertick

Ozark, MO

#15 Mar 8, 2011
I can confirm that Vonnie's name was Collin's. I attended her and Horse's wedding (they lived together for years before getting married)Horse, which I've always guessed is actually Horrace but never asked, is my father's first cousin. I knew shed moved but hadn't been in contact since she lived here in Willow. If you find your grandmother I would love to know and I wish you luck; I do not know if she is still alive. That also means we are a bit related (surprise in Willow huh lol).
and

United States

#16 Mar 8, 2011
Someone told me over the weekend that she saw Vonnie at the grocery store here in Willow the other day. Don't know if she's moved back or not. Will keep my ears open for you and if I hear anything I'll post it on here.

Since: Mar 11

Houston, MO

#17 Mar 8, 2011
Dark Angle wrote:
<quoted text> Hey, my boyfriend used to live in Willow springs and his mom is a native american indian, her name is Carol. She around 44 years old. I dont know if that will help you but your welcome anyways.. Thanks
You are very welcome. And yes i do know her. Her name is Carol Larew. She lives in Pomona missorui know, thats like 5 miles to west plains, im still dating her son, he goes to willow high school. Well you are welcome..
looking

Marshall, TX

#18 Mar 8, 2011
Do u have any pictures of the wedding? My email is Mrs.andymcclure@yahoo.com I still haven't made contact with her still looking thanks
timertick wrote:
I can confirm that Vonnie's name was Collin's. I attended her and Horse's wedding (they lived together for years before getting married)Horse, which I've always guessed is actually Horrace but never asked, is my father's first cousin. I knew shed moved but hadn't been in contact since she lived here in Willow. If you find your grandmother I would love to know and I wish you luck; I do not know if she is still alive. That also means we are a bit related (surprise in Willow huh lol).
looking

Marshall, TX

#19 Mar 8, 2011
Snooki09 wrote:
<quoted text> You are very welcome. And yes i do know her. Her name is Carol Larew. She lives in Pomona missorui know, thats like 5 miles to west plains, im still dating her son, he goes to willow high school. Well you are welcome..
could u email me carol email address maybe she has more info that might help me thanks

Since: Mar 11

Houston, MO

#20 Mar 8, 2011
looking wrote:
<quoted text>could u email me carol email address maybe she has more info that might help me thanks
Well, she doesent have an email account, but when i see her i will tell her about it and see what she says. And i will get her number and mabey you could just call her. But how old are you? She was married to Charles Burnett at one point. And her moms name is Opal Larew. You welcome.:)

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Willow Springs Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
MO Ferguson Police Chief Just Shocked Everyone Wit... 35 min Abdurratln 442
mountain view snitches 1 hr thatwitness 17
MO Ferguson Police Are Being Relieved Of Their Dut... 3 hr Golden Rule 2,706
Jessica Renae Inman (Oct '12) 4 hr interested party 5
James the black guy (Nov '12) 5 hr just moved here 3
MO Who do you support for U.S. Senate in Missouri ... (Oct '10) 5 hr White House Muslim 96,924
shockley and school dress code Tue enough 28
•••
•••
•••

Willow Springs Jobs

•••
•••
•••

Willow Springs People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••

Willow Springs News, Events & Info